dcsimg

Bosch Track saw to US 3rd Quarter 2018

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’d rather use a 2.0ah battery and change it out 2 times in a day and have the lighter tool.

I feel the same way. My situation is different for sure in a shop vs a work site but half the deal with cordless is portability and that means a light tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

redwood
    Pro

Were getting a little off track (pun intended), with talk of batteries on a corded Bosch tracksaw.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I started a battery and charger interoperability thread so the track saw discussion can get back on track.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/battery-and-charger-interoperability-discussions/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I started a battery and charger interoperability thread so the track saw discussion can get back on track.

Good move.
    I wonder if Bosch has put any of the track saws and tracks into the US tradesmens hands so they can have reviews ready for the release of the tools?

Good move.
    I wonder if Bosch has put any of the track saws and tracks into the US tradesmens hands so they can have reviews ready for the release of the tools?

That would be great, plenty of guys on Instagram and a few here who could help spread the word about the Saw.

I would love to get a demo unit- I use track saws all the time and it is my main means of cutting these days – sheet goods, hardwood, you name it. I build furniture and cabinets mostly and would give one a good workout and I could provide some detailed comparisons to the FT model. I am most curious to see if a riving knife (or lack thereof in the case of Bosch) impacts the safety/cut. Also want to see how offcut quality compares – FT has the anti-splinter that works well when fresh, but you have to replace if you cut shallower than when you cut into the insert to be effective. It is the only track saw I know that has the feature. Not a big deal on normal sheet goods, but on that $150 exotic veneer, chipout and splinters matter. I also want to compare power and see if there is a huge difference. I think that the Bosch will use thin-kerf blades – 1.8mm thick vs. 2.2 on FT.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have not seen any reviews yet. Hopefully they will pop up soon. They will need all the buzz possible with their high price.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I definitely could have used one today, had to cut some plywood on the second floor, would have been great, but cordless would have been the better choice.

I have not seen any reviews yet. Hopefully they will pop up soon. They will need all the buzz possible with their high price.

There are a few older You Tube videos from Europe. See,s to get positive reviews overall. I think it is just a cheaper, scaled down Mafell.

Orange County, CA

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Half a month to go until the saw is supposed to ship, according to the product page at Toolnut. I emailed to ask if they had any new info and they don’t. Nothing new about it on the web for months. I like Bosch tools and the track system looks superior to Makita / Festool, but the lack of activity around this saw is a concern. It’s too bad, track saws are becoming more popular in N. America and Bosch has no presence in the category.
    If there aren’t some reviews out in the next week I’m through waiting, and will buy another make.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think that the Bosch will use thin-kerf blades – 1.8mm thick vs. 2.2 on FT.

I wonder if the Bosch will use the standard 165-160X20 blade? I hope they don’t have a proprietary blade.

I wonder if the Bosch will use the standard 165-160X20 blade? I hope they don’t have a proprietary blade.

It’s a 165mm, same as the Makita. I know because I import my blades from the UK for less money than one costs here, for my Makita.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s a 165mm, same as the Makita. I know because I import my blades from the UK for less money than one costs here, for my Makita.

That’s shame you can’t buy locally without get drug over the coals. I always try to buy local but I just bought this Makita track saw blade and even on sale15% off I paid 10$ more had I bought it online for 44$, it cost 59.99$ at WoodCraft.

That’s shame you can’t buy locally without get drug over the coals. I always try to buy local but I just bought this Makita track saw blade and even on sale15% off I paid 10$ more had I bought it online for 44$, it cost 59.99$ at WoodCraft.

I agree with you. For some reason, they all seem to use the worst possible exchange rate to set their prices, so whenever the exchange gets better, it’s cheaper to just buy online from another country. And with amazon having local sites in a lot of languages, I can comparison shop Amazon against amazon as the US dollar, Euro, Pound, and Australian dollar all move differently against the Canadian. Sometimes things are half price that way practically. And there is no need to set up another account – my amazon account works for all places

We also have a steep sales tax here, so buying elsewhere saves me a lot, even if I’m paying shipping. The sweet spot is stuff that is cheap to ship but expensive- like good blades. A Tenryu for my table saw runs about 150$ plus tax. Almost $180 all in. Or I can get it from Japan for about $65 and it will only take an extra couple of days to arrive. Savings so good, I can buy a spare so I don’t ever find myself in a rush to receive it.

Doobie

We also have a steep sales tax here, so buying elsewhere saves me a lot, even if I’m paying shipping. The sweet spot is stuff that is cheap to ship but expensive- like good blades. A Tenryu for my table saw runs about 150$ plus tax. Almost $180 all in. Or I can get it from Japan for about $65 and it will only take an extra couple of days to arrive. Savings so good, I can buy a spare so I don’t ever find myself in a rush to receive it.

Frankly, you’ve been maybe getting lucky. I more or less stopped online cross-border ordering. Went fine for years and then I started getting nailed each time with sales taxes and/or ridiculously expensive ‘brokerage fees’, needing to be paid. Those things can really add up and kill what was otherwise a good deal. Our US exchange rate kinda sucks now too compared to a few years ago.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

A Tenryu for my table saw runs about 150$ plus tax. Almost $180 all in. Or I can get it from Japan for about $65 and it will only take an extra couple of days to arrive. Savings so good, I can buy a spare so I don’t ever find myself in a rush to receive it.

Wow ,, can’t argue with that. I’ll have to look into the Amazon over seas stuff.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Checked the Toolnut site and the shipping date for the Bosch GKT13-225L is now Dec 15th instead of Oct 31. Too bad, Bosch will miss the holiday season. It would be a good move, I think, for them to get out some info on the nature of the delay rather than allowing the current uncertainty to continue.
    I’ll probably get the Makita cordless this weekend.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Good move.

gary katz recieved one back in like late august early september, he had some stories posted with it on instagram

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A Tenryu for my table saw runs about 150$ plus tax. Almost $180 all in. Or I can get it from Japan for about $65 and it will only take an extra couple of days to arrive.

That’s a great idea. I’ll have to look into that a bit more.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

st $180 all in. Or I can get it from Japan for about $65 and it will only take an extra couple

Where do you buy your Tenryu blades from @Montreal_woodworks ? As a fellow Canadian I am very interested in that price differential. 🙂

Will

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.430 seconds