dcsimg

Bosch Track saw to US 3rd Quarter 2018

This topic contains 203 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 5 hours, 32 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 204 total)
  • Author

I read on instagram that Bosch will have a track saw in the US by third quarter. That is awesome news!

Orange County, CA

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Why didn’t they make it cordless? They missed a big opportunity there

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

That would be great, I wonder if they will introduce a cordless one also?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That’s exciting, but I agree, especially with all the new Core technology – I would have thought they’d be all over that!

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I read on instagram that Bosch will have a track saw in the US by third quarter. That is awesome news!

Is that the one that has been sold for some time in Europe?

I agree with the call to go cordless. It just doesn’t make sense to introduce a “new” corded saw.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

It could have something to do with Maffel bringing a cordless track saw to NA since Mafell makes the track saw for Bosch.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Housewright Construction

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Because its not a new tool, its just being brought over to the US.

Amazon UK lists their version as being first introduced in August of 2012. The willingness of companies to release a track saw at all has been painfully slow, cordless has been even slower.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

its just being brought over to the US.

Well then,,, that makes US special then. How very kind of them to do that for US.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Well they are bringing the corded track saw to the US, the same model they had for several years over in europe.
    they can’t “just make” a cordless version because the corded version is purchased from mafell and totally based on their designs.

But mafell released a cordless track/plunge saw, so it’s just a matter of time that Bosch will get into that as well. Just a different color and battery slot and there you go.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Well they are bringing the corded track saw to the US, the same model they had for several years over in europe.
    they can’t “just make” a cordless version because the corded version is purchased from mafell and totally based on their designs.

But mafell released a cordless track/plunge saw, so it’s just a matter of time that Bosch will get into that as well. Just a different color and battery slot and there you go.

The cordless would be awesome. I am not sure it is just a paint color that is different – I think that there are some other fundamental things in the saw itself, made to a different price point. I have heard great things about the Bosch, though. The blade change mechanism is different between the two saws and the Mafell has the ability to score, like the Makita, but do not think that feature is on the Bosch. They do share the same rails and connectors, though, which is a good thing. Exciting stuff when this makes it over to the US.

Orange County, CA

Seems they are way late to the dance on this. Yes, cordless would get more lookers at it. I wonder how many folks are really going to want one figuring most already have a track saw.

Best review on this that I have seen…

Orange County, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

am

Yep I already have one and it’s cordless. Maybe 3 years ago I would’ve went with Bosch if it was here.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I have the corded and cordless model I like both. Cordless one is under power compare it to the corded version.. over all cordless one is not plunge but it does glide on the fsn tracks.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Corded or cordless?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Corded or cordless?

My guess is corded.

Orange County, CA

No cordless one in europe yet, and they usually release there first

But, the corded is a close twin to the mafell corded and they have a dual 18v model now. Maybe Bosch will adapt that one for their battery packs and sell a cordless

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think everyone that has use for a track saw has one already.. The market for a bosch track saw could be very small.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I think everyone that has use for a track saw has one already.. The market for a bosch track saw could be very small.

And the fact that Makita have been giving great deals on the cordless track saw lately, I think they want to grab as many people to the track saw, great idea.

Yeah – I do not understand why it took them so long to get in the game – makes no sense. I am sure there is still a market and machines break and people want to upgrade or switch brands, but I think Bosch has lost market share for sure to its competitors.

Orange County, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 204 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.826 seconds