dcsimg

Bosch Tools NAINA, but should be

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author

I thought it would be fun to start a thread of tools Bosch makes and sell elsewhere but not here. Post your thoughts/wish list and maybe if there is enough response they will consider bringing them over.

My top two so far:

1. Track Saws
    2. Table Saw with Sliding Table — that thing looks awesome

Orange County, CA

We had some thoughts going here, but more ideas of NAINA Bosch we would like to see here would be great!

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/overseas-bosch-tools/

John S

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

That is a nice table saw…the sliding miter table is a nice feature.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

My number one foreign Bosch tool/accessory that I would like to see come to America is the track. Just the track to work with my 18V saw would greatly improve my panel work.

My number one foreign Bosch tool/accessory that I would like to see come to America is the track. Just the track to work with my 18V saw would greatly improve my panel work.

I would search some sites in the UK that ship to N. America — there are a few places that do so and people have commented that things are OK in transit. The key is to find the right track that works with this saw. I would bet it is not that expensive either. Might be worth a look.

Orange County, CA

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Thanks for the tip Scot, I have only tired Amazon UK and that idea failed. I will see if there are other sites out there without totally outrageous shipping charges.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok Jason that’s your new job and I’m all ears if ya find something. I would love to have a track for mine as well. It’s very encouraging to hear Scot say it may not be expensive either. That’s even better.

Thanks for the tip Scot, I have only tired Amazon UK and that idea failed. I will see if there are other sites out there without totally outrageous shipping charges.

Try this place — good reviews on the Mafell forum. BUT, not sure if it is the same guide rail that the cordless saw takes or not…

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/bosch-fsn-plunge-saw-guide-rail-kit-including-fsn-1600-x-2-fsn-bag-fsn-vel-p62216

Orange County, CA

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

After just reading the forum rules I just now noticed that Bosch owns this site. That’s pretty cool.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Great thread Scot! When I see these tools sold in the other parts of the world but not here I feel like a 2nd class carpenter. I don’t really like it at all.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Wow Scot, that is a really nice table saw. I have the GTS1031 right now and I’ve been extremely happy with it. This looks like a much beefed up version with a lot of cool extra functionality. I like the idea of a small versatile table saw, with limited space mine can store on its side under the work bench and out of the way when I’m not using it, I think this looks like the same idea with more functionality.

http://www.bosch-professional.com/gb/en/gts-10-xc-26179-ocs-p/
    This has some more specs and info, but man, that is a really slick table saw. I imagine that if Bosch could sell it here they would, but safety laws probably get in the way :\

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’m going with others here and saying that they need to bring the track saw over here. That would be of more use for me than the table saw. It would save me some space in the garage for sure, and then I wouldn’t need the circular saw as much.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

This has some more specs and info, but man, that is a really slick table saw. I imagine that if Bosch could sell it here they would, but safety laws probably get in the way :\

I don’t know what safety regs would prohibit the sale of that saw unless it has something to do with the sliding table? I don’t see what would make that more dangerous than just using the miter gauge…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I don’t know what safety regs would prohibit the sale of that saw unless it has something to do with the sliding table? I don’t see what would make that more dangerous than just using the miter gauge…

I’m not sure either, but why else would it not have arrived on our shores? I suppose demand could always be a reason, but Bosch table saws are highly respected here and surely the additional features would be appreciated…?

John S

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Great thread Scot! When I see these tools sold in the other parts of the world but not here I feel like a 2nd class carpenter. I don’t really like it at all.

There are a lot of tools offered in Europe that we can’t get here. It seems like multiple companies offer the miter saw with a little table saw on top – I could see where that could be handy but I think I would rather have those tools seperate.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Attachments:

It seems like multiple companies offer the miter saw with a little table saw on top – I could see where that could be handy but I think I would rather have those tools seperate.

Interesting – I didn’t realize there were other companies who did the same, but that is not surprising considering the way the industry works. I agree with you, though I can see why they would make such tools in Europe… Space is really tight everywhere, so any way they can help tradesmen save space is probably really appealing. Curious how many people in Europe buy this style of miter+table saw…

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am also curious if they have less restrictions with regard to litegation over there. I would think a table saw setup like that would be really tough on legal to sign off on in the US. Especially with the stop saw lawsuit that is flying around these days.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I am also curious if they have less restrictions with regard to litegation over there. I would think a table saw setup like that would be really tough on legal to sign off on in the US. Especially with the stop saw lawsuit that is flying around these days.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the litigious-ness of most people in the states gave something to do with it. Also, I don’t know how strict safety regulations are in Europe and the UK but I don’t think that saw would get past OSHA here.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Especially with the stop saw lawsuit that is flying around these days.

That whole thing is a crock. They guy that filed that suit should be drawn and quartered. It’s people like this that create all the safety headaches that we now have.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘Bosch Tools NAINA, but should be’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.469 seconds