dcsimg

Bosch Tools NAINA, but should be (version 2)

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author

Came across this gem this morning .

there are two different models out in germany

GUS 10,8 V-LI Professional
    &
    GSC 10,8 V-LI Professional

They are some pretty neat little units there . Wonder how the run time is on it with heavy metal use .

If I would do metal work in my shop – this is a tool I would like to try out.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/O5xPZTMXqKE?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    I know Bosch has a 18V compact band saw but a stationed tool is great to have in the shop.

Ok I need that saw and base . I could use it for shower door frames and metal railing work .

Always willing to learn .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Cutting with a band saw vs an abrasive wheel is night and day. you can control it a lot better, the cut is cleaner, no sparks, less material is taken out due to thickness of the blade. I use a band saw when ever cutting metal now instead of a grinder, the only advantage I feel the grinder has when cutting metal is it can get into certain locations better.

great explanation. that makes totally sense.
    the grinder can be more flexible when you are out in the field to cut something what you can’t reach with a cordless band saw.
    do you own the BSH180?

No but its definitely on the want list. The guy I work with a lot has an m12 bandsaw and I really like how compact it is. I have never actually held the bsh180 but I know its the lightest 18v out there.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Cutting with a band saw vs an abrasive wheel is night and day. you can control it a lot better, the cut is cleaner, no sparks, less material is taken out due to thickness of the blade. I use a band saw when ever cutting metal now instead of a grinder, the only advantage I feel the grinder has when cutting metal is it can get into certain locations better.

the grinder can be more flexible when you are out in the field to cut something what you can’t reach with a cordless band saw.
    do you own the BSH180?

No but its definitely on the want list. The guy I work with a lot has an m12 bandsaw and I really like how compact it is. I have never actually held the bsh180 but I know its the lightest 18v out there.

123k piggies and its yours 😛 its on the rewards list

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

do you own the BSH180?

I know but there are other things I need before that dont tempt me lol

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh nooooo it another item on my list.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I know Bosch has a 18V compact band saw but a stationed tool is great to have in the shop.

@madman_us
    You are such an enabler. LOL
    I like that base for the portable bandsaw. I’d use that over a cutoff saw any day. ThanX for the video

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/O5xPZTMXqKE?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

@madman_us,
    I like that base for the portable bandsaw. I’d use that over a cutoff saw any day. ThanX for the video

That’s a pretty cool little machine,
    I would also like to get some of those work gloves, even though I don’t really wear work gloves, those I think I would 😉

Rovik
    Pro

Looks like a god saw, but i rather use my makita metal chop saw LC 1230.

Norway

Attachments:

What’s the maximum depth of cut on that saw .

Always willing to learn .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@madman_us,

I just motivate 😛
    Would be nice to see that tool here in NA

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

@madman_us,

I’d go for that. The portable bandsaw is something I’ve been wanting at some point, that base would make it even better.

Rovik
    Pro

What’s the maximum depth of cut on that saw .

Max Cutting Capacity (at 90°) is 4-1/2″. That’s enough for me.

Can the blade on the Bosch GCB 120 be used on all metals, Just by adjusting the rpm on the saw? If so thats a huge bonus.

Norway

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/O5xPZTMXqKE?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

@madman_us,

I just motivate 😛
    Would be nice to see that tool here in NA

@madman_us
    Would Bosch not only have to bring the stand to NA?
    We have the BSH180 here it would just be a matter of having the stand in our market.

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yes this is exactly it, i originally cut all my metal using a grinder and it took forever, the blades wore out faster and sparks fly all over the place, generally a more dangerous method of cutting metal. I finally went and bought a bandsaw and it is truly a game changer. No sparks, cleaner cuts, smaller kerf and with mind i just let the bandsaw drop on the metal and it automatically cuts and stops the machine.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

This is nice but seems a bit small.

https://youtu.be/Lgx7Tun8dLg

— Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man Ivan that is nice. How big is that unit? It looks really compact. Do you have a model number?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It would be nice to have a Bosch mixer available in NA or even the Diablo mixer available on the BTP rewards list. I tried out the Diablo with @r-ice last summer and it was the Ferrari of mixers but I would still try a Bosch mixer if it was available.

I agree a Bosch mixer would be nice. In a pinch, you can chuck a bulb auger in a hammer drill, although it will not be as smooth as a dedicated mixer. In a pinch, I’ve even tilled small ~200 sq ft gardens with a bulb auger, but my wrists were killing me afterwards, and the auger didn’t look too good afterwards!

http://www.amleo.com/36-inch-economy-earthway-steel-auger-for-3-inch-hole/p/36JB/

Rovik
    Pro

Man Ivan that is nice. How big is that unit? It looks really compact. Do you have a model number?

I think it is the same size as Bosch, Dewalt and so on. The blade is 12″. The name of the saw is Makita LC 1230.

Norway

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

This is nice but seems a bit small.

https://youtu.be/Lgx7Tun8dLg

That is a nice saw and I agree it is small and for a lot of things I would just use my 18v one. However I saw a video on instagram the other day of a guy using this saw in conjunction with the bosch dust extractor on laminate fooring, wich is the same way it was used in that video you posted. It just so happens I am doing a laminate flooring job this week, which I dont do often, but if I did I would have this imported in a second. I still may end up buying one. If it comes available here in the states I will for sure get one.

I really like the dust port hook up on it. That alone is what makes it nice.
    Does anyone know if there is a dust hookup for the 18v saw? naina maybe?

@austin

Yup. They make one and its a perfect fit. Purchase details are on a thread about that saw and dust collection somewhere

Cheap enough, helps a lot but not perfect. I always hook it to a vac indoors or cutting mdf

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,001 total)
  • The topic ‘Bosch Tools NAINA, but should be (version 2)’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.479 seconds