dcsimg

Bosch Tool Redemption History By BTP Members

Viewing 10 posts - 721 through 730 (of 730 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Still here and checking regularly.

I haven’t seen much from you lately.

No more points to grab.

Let’s be civil guys. The past is the past….let’s move on to newer times.

🙂

👍

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Well I happen to have about 20 something 12V batters so I always have extra for each light. If I’m concerned about the level, I stick it in a tool with the indicator or right on a charger…easy enough workaround.

What if you are inside your work truck or van, and need to get a fully charged battery out of the box of 12 batteries you have, and you know some are low some are full some are in between, do you grab a random one and hope that’s a full one so you don’t need an extra trip into the job site and back, or do you bring all 12 and a charger inside to plug it in to check one by one?

I try to minimize charging to two times a week, meaning in Sundays and Wednesdays I bring all batteries all platforms inside the garage to top every one of them off. I don’t charge every day and I get enough batteries to last 3 days (typical days). Not having a battery level indicator would be an important enough factor to eliminate that platform from consideration.

I have a system for dead batteries. They are turned and stored upside down until they get charged. This way, nobody grabs a dead one, and I can easily tell which ones need charged. I have a routine at the end of the work day. When I get out of the van, I go to my box which holds the batteries, then pop the dead ones into chargers I have lined up in the garage. Morning ritual before work is to put the full batteries back in the box.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have a system for dead batteries. They are turned and stored upside down until they get charged. This way, nobody grabs a dead one, and I can easily tell which ones need charged. I have a routine at the end of the work day. When I get out of the van, I go to my box which holds the batteries, then pop the dead ones into chargers I have lined up in the garage. Morning ritual before work is to put the full batteries back in the box.

Yes that would be a way to go. I used two different systems of tool and battery storage over the last few years, my first system is I think similar to yours, where I put all the batteries and chargers for different brands and store them together. That way all the batteries are there, and if I need to switch a battery I just get a fresh one, and like you said either flip the dead one or place them sideways doesn’t matter just so you can tell which one is fresh. After doing that for a while, I decided to go with a different system, where I do not store the batteries together, but each tool has a battery already mounted and it goes with a tool. The advantage of that is the drill has it’s own battery, the saw has it’s own, the grinder has it’s own etc…and if I need to use a drill, I just pick up the drill box and go inside to the job knowing the drill is good to go and I don’t need to go through the hassle of fishing a battery out of another box, which could be in a box in the back under another box. The downside of course is if I do run out of juice, I have to come back outside and rob the battery from the saw to use with the drill. But overall I went with the second system because statistically for my usages, it’s much less likely I will need to switch batteries then I have to mess with a battery storage box every time I have to use one tool. But I do round everything up twice a week and once on weekends to recharge. The other reason is when I do that I can reduce the stackable storage boxes by one. I no longer need an additional box just to store batteries and I can use that real estate to store something else.

Hangman
    Pro

Just seems to be universal, I put the 18V ones upside down too. The 12V ones I lay down on their side if I have a more than a few waiting to be charged.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

I just received notice from UPS that I have packages coming from Robert Bosch Tool Corp. It has to be my last redemption. Thank you very much Robert Bosch Tool Corp!!

I just received notice from UPS that I have packages coming from Robert Bosch Tool Corp. It has to be my last redemption. Thank you very much Robert Bosch Tool Corp!!

Woohoo packages , that’s a beautiful word lol

Looking forward to seeing your haul Lon

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Nice! Good to hear your tools are there way.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That’s awesome PI . Want to see pictures when it comes!

It is just an FL12 and battery guys. Nothing substantial.

It is just an FL12 and battery guys. Nothing substantial.

LoL okay , still nice to receive tools especially when from Bosch 👍

Viewing 10 posts - 721 through 730 (of 730 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.313 seconds