dcsimg

Bosch Tool Redemption History By BTP Members

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 730 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

If one can’t recognize they have put a fully charge battery that lasts 6-8 hours and need an indicator? Seriously it’s a great light and doesn’t require an indicator.

I’ll disagree on that from my perspective and usage.

I tend to leave some of mine in adhoc places and can completely forget or keep track of how long they may have been in use. A battery indicator light/gauge for me would be a nice plus.

I’m surprised with yourself having so many of them you don’t have the same dilemma at times with them not having a readily available on board battery level indicator.

Doobie

I put in for the table saw with the gravity rise stand and a few other items.

I put in for the saw a month ago. They did respond and say it was no longer available. Offered me a different model, but it was backordered. That was the last I heard about any of my requests.

I would be ok with a different model. I have one of the original 4100’s and it is on its last legs

That’s horseshit. I ordered my 4100 with the 4100-09 showing on the prize list that was changed internally to at 4100-10 and I got the latter. That was almost 2 years ago.

Just stick it in their face. Honestly, don’t be shy!

Such nonsense.

It was a minor change. They made the lift lighter along with the T4B as well. Buggers!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I put in for the saw a month ago. They did respond and say it was no longer available. Offered me a different model, but it was backordered. That was the last I heard about any of my requests.

I would be ok with a different model. I have one of the original 4100’s and it is on its last legs

That’s horseshit. I ordered my 4100 with the 4100-09 showing on the prize list that was changed internally to at 4100-10 and I got the latter. That was almost 2 years ago.

Such nonsense.

It was a minor change. They made the lift lighter along with the T4B as well. Buggers!

Without researching I would guess the 4100 – xx model should be new and improved over the 09. Realistically the list has not been updated in a couple years or more, therefore I would not expect many of the models to be current as much as things have changed in the last few years as it relates to tool technology.

Hangman
    Pro

Well I happen to have about 20 something 12V batters so I always have extra for each light. If I’m concerned about the level, I stick it in a tool with the indicator or right on a charger…easy enough workaround.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Such nonsense.

Without researching I would guess the 4100 – xx model should be new and improved over the 09. Realistically the list has not been updated in a couple years or more, therefore I would not expect many of the models to be current as much as things have changed in the last few years as it relates to tool technology.

And I believe that they even made changes to the newer version 4100-10 the switch and a few other things I received the 10 a few years ago while I asked for the 09 , just like the 14 gallon vac , when I ordered the one that is on the list , they actually sent me the updated version with the HEPA filter included , hopefully you receive what you redeemed for Kurt

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I am in the same boat. The fence on mine is barely usable. I do have another 60v Dewalt that we used quite a bit as well in the field, but that 4100 has proven tougher than I gave it credit for.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I am in the same boat. The fence on mine is barely usable. I do have another 60v Dewalt that we used quite a bit as well in the field, but that 4100 has proven tougher than I gave it credit for.

I had a 4000 originally, that was an OK saw. I did not like the plastic base as sliding it in and out of a truck kept cracking it. they solved that on the 4100 with a plastic pan under the base . I have been pleased with he saw and it has seen a lot of use over the 10+ years I have had it. for a Jobsite saw, I do not think that is to bad. My stand is a little worse for wear, very loose and I just purchased new wheels for it, the others had completely rotted out and the rubber was crumbly. Glad I do not have to buy a saw by the parts, I think replacement wheels were over 50 bucks alone. Sad of a saw that sells for $550 most of the time.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

A few more points so I used most of them up asking for another 12V 2Ah battery. Can always use an extra battery around the house.

Thanks Bosch and BTP for the years of sponsorship. I will be sticking around and chatting with all the other members who stay to keep up on some of the great work they do.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

A few more points so I used most of them up asking for another 12V 2Ah battery. Can always use an extra battery around the house.

Thanks Bosch and BTP for the years of sponsorship. I will be sticking around and chatting with all the other members who stay to keep up on some of the great work they do.

Same here Jim , Last request sent in
    And I’ll echo the same as you ,

Thanks Bosch and BTP and all the people behind the p/c that make it happen ,
    I’ll definitely be sticking around also ,
    Met some great people here , plus picked up some great ideas ,
    Thanks to all the moderators and Kevin for stepping in and helping out here ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I agree! I too would like take the time to thank those involved to keep this forum going. Big thanks goes to Kevin and all the moderators to help along the way. I am sure hasn’t been a easy job.

I would like to thank all members & Pros for there advice along the way. I don’t have any plans of leaving this forum. Even know my experience here has had some bumps in the road as DIYer/Woodworker. I still have enjoyed my time and meeting new people. Thanks Everyone! I hope other do decide to stay.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Well I happen to have about 20 something 12V batters so I always have extra for each light. If I’m concerned about the level, I stick it in a tool with the indicator or right on a charger…easy enough workaround.

What if you are inside your work truck or van, and need to get a fully charged battery out of the box of 12 batteries you have, and you know some are low some are full some are in between, do you grab a random one and hope that’s a full one so you don’t need an extra trip into the job site and back, or do you bring all 12 and a charger inside to plug it in to check one by one?

I try to minimize charging to two times a week, meaning in Sundays and Wednesdays I bring all batteries all platforms inside the garage to top every one of them off. I don’t charge every day and I get enough batteries to last 3 days (typical days). Not having a battery level indicator would be an important enough factor to eliminate that platform from consideration.

Hangman
    Pro

That’s never a scenario I have to deal with, my batteries are always full charged.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

I agree! I too would like take the time to thank those involved to keep this forum going. Big thanks goes to Kevin and all the moderators to help along the way. I am sure hasn’t been a easy job.

I would like to thank all members & Pros for there advice along the way. I don’t have any plans of leaving this forum. Even know my experience here has had some bumps in the road as DIYer/Woodworker. I still have enjoyed my time and meeting new people. Thanks Everyone! I hope other do decide to stay.

Yes…huge thank you BTP and Bosch!!

Orange County, CA

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Yes…huge thank you BTP and Bosch!!

it has been a great site and hope it continues to be. Thanks to all and stick around to share and chat .

Thanks to BTP for everything over the years

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Still here and checking regularly.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I haven’t seen much from you lately.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

A big thank you to BTP for the redeemed tools and the active discussions about tool usages in the past few years. I have not been around as long as many of you guys but it’s been a very informative forum on tools and specifically Bosch tools.

I am on the Bosch platform and will continue to participate on tool use and misuses.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

No more points to grab.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

No more points to grab.

I see there were points available until the 1st.

Greg

Doobie

No more points to grab.

Let’s be civil guys. The past is the past….let’s move on to newer times.

🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 730 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.332 seconds