dcsimg

Bosch Tool Redemption History By BTP Members

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 578 total)
  • Author

No email or nothin’, but I just noticed that points have been removed for a 14 gallon vac I requested the third week of April.

I assume it should arrive any day now since the points were removed on the 2nd. Whoever processed it actually indicated it in my points deductions for a change, mind you it’s probably been almost two years I’m guessing since I last made a redemption request.

Funny thing is, this redemption is actually gonna go to my good buddy who I’ve known since my teen years who also helps me out with electrical stuff that is over my head to do myself.

I asked in my original email to toss in an anti-static hose instead of the standard hose that comes with it and deduct whatever points may be applicable for that if possible. One of the 16 foot bigger dia blue ones.

I have two of those 16 foot wider dia hoses for my existing Bosch vacs and I don’t quite understand how ANY anti-static hose is not included with these supposed high vacs like Festool does as a standard practice with any of their vacs.

The two best features of the 14 gallon vac in my opinion is it is easy to cart around being taller and having the integrated tubular tow bar. The other feature is the integrated drain hose for wet jobs.

What I’m still not keen on is being a bag user having been used to Festool vacs is and still adhering to in using the Bosch vacs is having to disable that Auto-Clean function all the time as a bag user. PITA still after years of using the Bosch vacs!

I basically use the Bosch vacs I have for construction reno stuff. My two floor model Festools are pretty well dedicated to my wood shop except for the small shoulder strap/stackable Vac-Sys unit which is a pleasure to use at times for certain jobs outside the wood shop rather than drag any of these wheeled units around. Except for the 14 gallon Bosch vacs, hauling up and down stairs or non-wheelable locations is a chore which I like to avoid where the Vac-Sys is ideal although I do use my 18V Bosch bagless vac at times for such jobs depending on what the task at hand is. That 18V is nice, but sometimes, it’s hose is a little on the short side.

This is the one I saw in the plant yesterday ,
    Bosch in the wild lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

No email or nothin’, but I just noticed that points have been removed for a 14 gallon vac I requested the third week of April.

Same here! I notice points were removed the other day. I put in my request on February 28.

I assume it should arrive any day now since the points were removed on the 2nd.

I was thinking the same thing. I haven’t received a redemption since we have moved to our new home. I assume it will arrive around the same time.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I sent an email to the BTP Team Wednesday night ordering some expendable items and today they have deducted my points. I call that pretty fast service. Thank you BTP Team for the fast action.

Sounds like it might be just good timing on your part. Alot of other members had points removed for requests that were requested months ago.

It is nice to see some movement by the BTP Team.

Greg

Doobie

Bosch in the wild lol

Really! Are there any other Bosch vacs where you work Brian?

I thought I read you said many many months ago that they made a decision at your work to use another brand of tools overall. How did that one creep in there?

Bosch in the wild lol

I thought I read you said many many months ago that they made a decision at your work to use another brand of tools overall. How did that one creep in there?

Yup , this is from the sub contractor that is doing work for us ,
    Our company or millwork department went from Makita to Milwaukee , actually , pretty much the whole company side of the manufacturing and maintenance , are all on the Milwaukee platform ,
    This is a bigger job than our team in the plant maintenance is willing to get done , this is the actual department that I’m part of , they are redoing the whole area to accommodate the new testing chambers , I’ll try to get more pictures as they progress

Seeing how I have a 14 gallon vac , when I walked past the construction zone , I definitely had to take a picture

I have been using mine recently , it’s hooked up to the miter saw , it’s pretty amazing.
    Especially since I bought that kit you mentioned with the anti static hose plus LBox and HEPA filter and bag , I love it 👊

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have been using mine recently , it’s hooked up to the miter saw , it’s pretty amazing.

It is an amazing vac and quiet too compared to other vacs its size.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It is an amazing vac and quiet too compared to other vacs its size.

Yes it is , that’s another thing I like about it

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

I made my first redemption request in a while, will see how it goes.
    It’s too bad Bosch isn’t running this site better. It seems to reflect a scattershot approach by Bosch Tools in N. America. Poor distribution, slow product releases, lousy web site (yesterday I was trying to find the closest service centre using Bosch’s web site. Fruitless effort.)
    I gave up waiting on their track saw and bought a Makita a few years back. Since then I’ve been switching my 18v tools over to Makita. The Bosch 12v platform is very nice though, and I’d like to stick with it, so I hope they improve their market presence.

I made my first redemption request in a while, will see how it goes.

It’s too bad Bosch isn’t running this site better. It seems to reflect a scattershot approach by Bosch Tools in N. America. Poor distribution, slow product releases, lousy web site (yesterday I was trying to find the closest service centre using Bosch’s web site. Fruitless effort.)

I gave up waiting on their track saw and bought a Makita a few years back. Since then I’ve been switching my 18v tools over to Makita. The Bosch 12v platform is very nice though, and I’d like to stick with it, so I hope they improve their market presence.

Hey nice to hear from you , what did you request if I might ask

Doobie

Bosch in the wild lol

Our company or millwork department went from Makita to Milwaukee , actually , pretty much the whole company side of the manufacturing and maintenance , are all on the Milwaukee platform ,

What’s the concensus on switching to Milwaukee?

Frankly, I feel that’s a step in the wrong direction. I consider Makita way better overall for quality and reliability than Milwaukee.

Especially since I bought that kit you mentioned with the anti static hose plus LBox and HEPA filter and bag , I love it

Told ya! Good value for what you get if all is potentially useful to you as I felt it was for me.

And when I ordered that kit I thought it only came with a single fleece bag. Was even more delighted when I saw it was 5 pack.

Have you ordered the poli wet filter for wet jobs Brian? Think I mentioned this before ages ago. I think when I went shopping online it was Blackstock out west that had it significantly cheaper than anywhere else.

Bosch in the wild lol

What’s the concensus on switching to Milwaukee?

Frankly, I feel that’s a step in the wrong direction. I consider Makita way better overall for quality and reliability than Milwaukee.

Especially since I bought that kit you mentioned with the anti static hose plus LBox and HEPA filter and bag , I love it

Told ya! Good value for what you get if all is potentially useful to you as I felt it was for me.

And when I ordered that kit I thought it only came with a single fleece bag. Was even more delighted when I saw it was 5 pack.

Have you ordered the poli wet filter for wet jobs Brian? Think I mentioned this before ages ago. I think when I went shopping online it was Blackstock out west that had it significantly cheaper than anywhere else.

Yeah , personally I think that same thing , I prefer the quality feel of Makita over Milwaukee , but personally , I think it’s something to do with the purchasing department and maybe something else , I know for a fact that , Milwaukee was offering more than Makita especially considering the manufacturing side of business here , like the ratchet and so on , that’s prior to Makita getting some of the ratchets out

Yeah , thanks for the info on the vacuum kit ,

I don’t have the wet filter , mind you , I’d definitely like to get one ,

Just like the 18 volt canister vacuum , I bought two more filters for it , I marked them with a permanent pica marker , 1 for dry and 1 for wet ,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I think Milwaukee has some distinct advantages as a tool platform.

Obviously different tool brands have their respective strengths and weaknesses on specific tools.

But it is more and more common to purchase tools not base on the performance and specs of a specific tool but more on the “stickiness” of the tool platform or ecosystem.

Milwaukee is doing a good job in the following areas:

(1) it’s suites of products is very large. Two big categories that Milwaukee has that Bosch does not are (a) lawn tools and (b) electrical and plumbing tools. So if you know you need a PROPEX or PROPRESS tool in your work, and you would like to have a common battery platform for a PROPRESS crimper, a leaf blower, and a drill/saw/OMT, the choice is obviously Milwaukee.

(2) Milwsukee is also spending a lot of time and effort into getting it’s tool storage system working. The PACKOUT system is ever expanding. You have ruggedized mobile boxes that stacks and rolls, you have shop shelves and drawer systems, you have ceiling and floor mount systems, and you have many tools redesigned that stack well with the PACKOUT such as compressors, vacs, coolers, lunch pails, backpacks, it’s a really comprehensive system that is expanding on every product cycle. Meanwhile Bosch and Makita have gone stagnant on their stackable storage solutions. Bosch tools don’t even come with hard cases that plays with their LBOXX systems.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Milwaukee is also spending a lot of time and effort into getting it’s tool storage system working.

You are right there. I get almost weekly emails from Milwaukee about new Packout items being added. Sadly after touting the L-Boxx system for years it appears that Bosch has abandoned the idea in the name of cost cutting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Milwaukee is also spending a lot of time and effort into getting it’s tool storage system working.

You are right there. I get almost weekly emails from Milwaukee about new Packout items being added. Sadly after touting the L-Boxx system for years it appears that Bosch has abandoned the idea in the name of cost cutting.

I would have to agree. after using the Dewalt tough stack and the Milwaukee packout’s, I find the Bosch boxes flimsy and somewhat fragile. I have a lot of the Bosch boxes with the custom inserts for the drills and other tools and like the organization that provides. Unfortunately, going forward I will probably stick to the Milwaukee system as it is so much more heavy duty.

I think Milwaukee has some distinct advantages as a tool platform.

Obviously different tool brands have their respective strengths and weaknesses on specific tools.

But it is more and more common to purchase tools not base on the performance and specs of a specific tool but more on the “stickiness” of the tool platform or ecosystem.

Milwaukee is doing a good job in the following areas:

(1) it’s suites of products is very large. Two big categories that Milwaukee has that Bosch does not are (a) lawn tools and (b) electrical and plumbing tools. So if you know you need a PROPEX or PROPRESS tool in your work, and you would like to have a common battery platform for a PROPRESS crimper, a leaf blower, and a drill/saw/OMT, the choice is obviously Milwaukee.

(2) Milwsukee is also spending a lot of time and effort into getting it’s tool storage system working. The PACKOUT system is ever expanding. You have ruggedized mobile boxes that stacks and rolls, you have shop shelves and drawer systems, you have ceiling and floor mount systems, and you have many tools redesigned that stack well with the PACKOUT such as compressors, vacs, coolers, lunch pails, backpacks, it’s a really comprehensive system that is expending on every product cycle. Meanwhile Bosch and Makita have gone stagnant on their stackable storage solutions. Bosch tools don’t even come with hard cases that plays with their LBOXX systems.

Very true ,
    Those are two of the departments that are using the Milwaukee platform ,
    They have both 12 &18 volt systems
    I have got to see and use some of the tools , and the pack out boxes , really nice
    I would eventually like to get into the pack out system , just to expensive right now

I know that on the floor , we really like the 1/4 & 3/8 ratchets ,
    We even have some lights and cordless vacs , some pretty impressive stuff

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yeah , personally I think that same thing , I prefer the quality feel of Makita over Milwaukee , but personally , I think it’s something to do with the purchasing

The Maintenance Dept at my work uses Milwaukee tools for shop tools. Knowing the way the my company is I would have say that Milwaukee tools are cheaper then other brands. The don’t the Maintenance guys really care what brand they use. Once it breaks they get a new one.

Greg

Doobie

Bosch just simply sucks with what they do in NA.

Sad really!

They are so ahead of most of their competitors on the real world stage with innovation in technology. Most people don’t realize how huge and innovative in so many other realms that Bosch is. Unlike most ‘tool’ companies, they’ve got their noses in so many other industries/efforts.

Most of their competitors are just spewing out a mass of variety of tools to ‘shotgun’ the market with tools to get their allegiance without regard for their actual design and permanence viability. That’s my take for what it’s worth.

But one of the probs is that Bosch doesn’t TRULY really care about the NA market beyond anything concrete related. When that’s gonna change….who knows!

Did you know that Bosch is by far the single largest manufacturer of concrete related accesories in the world? Doesn’t answer it all for how they deal with their NA market, but it kinda answers it somewhat.

I think they also view the tool market beyond concrete stuff as a third or fourth fiddle in what they do. In markets where they have wide acceptance like in Europe, fine, but here in NA, they just don’t need to care about what they do with their power tool stuff beyond concrete concentric stuff.

Do a little research on Bosch on the internet like I did and you’ll discover a company that their power tools division is such a small fraction of what they do. Astonishingly, still a privately held company.

Speaking of

I was reading this the other day

https://insideevs.com/news/520403/bosh-cvt4ev-cvt-electric-vehicles/

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

That is interesting. Must be a pretty beefy unit to handle the torque.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Real interesting, Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 578 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.423 seconds