dcsimg

Bosch Tool Redemption History By BTP Members

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 579 total)
  • Author
    Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I don’t buy the quarterly thing. I have emailed probably once a month since January. Got some responses early that said item was not in stock, but a boatload of points still got deducted, and nothing ever shipped. I think the last reply I had from them was early March.

I am gonna fire off an email now since it has probably been a month since the last one. I would give up, but I think it is important for the members here to know how inept the system is. I really do think they either need to clean things up, or shut the site down.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I don’t buy the quarterly thing. I have emailed probably once a month since January. Got some responses early that said item was not in stock, but a boatload of points still got deducted, and nothing ever shipped. I think the last reply I had from them was early March.

I am gonna fire off an email now since it has probably been a month since the last one. I would give up, but I think it is important for the members here to know how inept the system is. I really do think they either need to clean things up, or shut the site down.

I have only emailed them twice since February. I would say the last time I sent a email was around April. I have not heard from them once. I find it hard to too believe the tools I requested are all back order.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

One thing I do know is if they really have a fixed budget that is easily reached and if that is the reason some tools are being delayed then it means they have a very good system to keep track of all the prices and accumulated values of these redemptions.

But the problem I see is that they are not even answering emails, and when they do answer, it seems to come in spurts. So you send in a redemption request, no news, no answers, and you send in another email a month, six weeks later, nothing, so after 3, 4 months you finally get a reply. If the issue is budget maxed out, or back order, they would have replied to the requests, saying things like “this request is scheduled to be filled on 7/1/2021” or “this item is on back order until 8/30/2021” but we are hardly getting communication that seems to suggest this is just a very low priority for them and may be someone checks email once a month and when he/she does, there is very little continuity to the last time that same person (or a different person) checked this same email.

For example when I tried to redeem the compact saw in September of 2019, nothing happened. I think others were getting their rewards in October, November, December but I got nothing. Then Home Depot has a sale for the holidays, I bought the Milwaukee hackzall instead. After that I sent an email to Bosch in December of 2019, saying, forget my redemption in September, I bought one, I don’t need it anymore, please ignore that email. Well in January 2020, points were deducted. I think I asked you guys back then, how do I cancel a redemption once it’s been submitted because they still deducted points. Then in February 2020 I got the saw, which I no longer need. It still sits on a shelf to this date. It just look like very sloppy email processing to me, and the redemption does seem to run from one department to another to another, so if the ball is dropped at any of the stops, it’s a mess to sort out. My opinion is if they have a hard time keeping track of emails, they would have a much harder time keeping the budget calculations straight.

On the other hand, is it possible that since this site is not important to them anymore with much fewer members, and they have a limited budget, so the way to do it is to just casually check emails to the points account once every quarter and deal with the redemptions in batches and do as little as possible, I would say yes.

Doobie

The way it works is that the tool has to be first approved by a product manager that is assigned to that tool. Then there is another layer that approves it further, and then it gets on the list. That’s what Jim told me ages ago.

Once there on the list, if it is no longer available because it is discontinued or that the tool is no longer approved, it get’s removed from the list. It’s actually that simple. I don’t believe, nor heard ever, it has anything to do with any kind of quotas or limits in dollar amount redemptions.

This is a huge company. Dollars for things like this are really secondary if the give away supports an effort for exposure or marketing purposes even on some menial purpose as it has gravitated to now with this forum.

In my mind, the truth is that the person(s) who took over from Jim is just not into this kind of Bosch social media at all and ignores us largely unless HARD pressed. The willingness of Bosch is OK, it’s the immediate person(s) overseeing all this that has no appetite for this style of social media at all. We are the ‘Horse and Buggy’ social media dinosaur in that/those person(s) mind(s).

If Bosch real higher ups wanted to nix this forum, we’d be gone by now. It’s the intermediary underling(s) that is/are kyboshing this forum via derelict and I’ll say INTENTINONAL lack of attention to this forum and it’s admin and staff despite our best efforts the last few years.

I’m on the verge at times of an aggressive phone call to Bosch Mount Prospect Ill at some point to get some better PUSH for this forum, but I’ve got issues of my own here at home that need constant tending from me, hence why I’ve been offline for the most part for many months. At this point, I don’t care whose feathers I ruffle. Do you you guys?

PM me if you don’t want to show your opinions public. Good or bad. Hey! This is not MY forum…..it’s actually really yours even though Bosch owns it! Without your contributions, this forum truly does not exist beyond being a past historic forumic museum of sorts.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The way it works is that the tool has to be first approved by a product manager that is assigned to that tool. Then there is another layer that approves it further, and then it gets on the list. That’s what Jim told me ages ago.

Once there on the list, if it is no longer available because it is discontinued or that the tool is no longer approved, it get’s removed from the list. It’s actually that simple. I don’t believe, nor heard ever, it has anything to do with any kind of quotas or limits in dollar amount redemptions.

This is a huge company. Dollars for things like this are really secondary if the give away supports an effort for exposure or marketing purposes even on some menial purpose as it has gravitated to now with this forum.

In my mind, the truth is that the person(s) who took over from Jim is just not into this kind of Bosch social media at all and ignores us largely unless HARD pressed. The willingness of Bosch is OK, it’s the immediate person(s) overseeing all this that has no appetite for this style of social media at all. We are the ‘Horse and Buggy’ social media dinosaur in that/those person(s) mind(s).

If Bosch real higher ups wanted to nix this forum, we’d be gone by now. It’s the intermediary underling(s) that is/are kyboshing this forum via derelict and I’ll say INTENTINONAL lack of attention to this forum and it’s admin and staff despite our best efforts the last few years.

What you are saying makes total sense.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I sent an email to the BTP Team Wednesday night ordering some expendable items and today they have deducted my points. I call that pretty fast service. Thank you BTP Team for the fast action.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I sent an email to the BTP Team Wednesday night ordering some expendable items and today they have deducted my points. I call that pretty fast service. Thank you BTP Team for the fast action.

That’s fast and good to hear

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

they have deducted my points.

Cool! I just noticed that my points for the batteries I ordered have been taken off too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Man that’s good to hear. I think Doobie must have said something to Britney.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

One more time lol , I keep responding , but keep getting booted out lol
    Guess you got to log in before every response lol just noticed that they removed my points also

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My post are not posting I am getting logged out every time.

I too had points removed.

Greg

@GTokley
    Yeah that’s what it is doing , you gotta pretty much log in every time you want to post , or respond 👍

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yes it seems that way. Most of my posts aren’t posting when this happens.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I decided to redeem for the T4B stand. Will see what happens.

Congratulations , good choice , hopefully you get it soon enough
    Oh yeah , that didn’t work for me keeping myself signed in

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good luck it is a very nice stand.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

No email or nothin’, but I just noticed that points have been removed for a 14 gallon vac I requested the third week of April.

I assume it should arrive any day now since the points were removed on the 2nd. Whoever processed it actually indicated it in my points deductions for a change, mind you it’s probably been almost two years I’m guessing since I last made a redemption request.

Funny thing is, this redemption is actually gonna go to my good buddy who I’ve known since my teen years who also helps me out with electrical stuff that is over my head to do myself.

I asked in my original email to toss in an anti-static hose instead of the standard hose that comes with it and deduct whatever points may be applicable for that if possible. One of the 16 foot bigger dia blue ones.

I have two of those 16 foot wider dia hoses for my existing Bosch vacs and I don’t quite understand how ANY anti-static hose is not included with these supposed high vacs like Festool does as a standard practice with any of their vacs.

The two best features of the 14 gallon vac in my opinion is it is easy to cart around being taller and having the integrated tubular tow bar. The other feature is the integrated drain hose for wet jobs.

What I’m still not keen on is being a bag user having been used to Festool vacs is and still adhering to in using the Bosch vacs is having to disable that Auto-Clean function all the time as a bag user. PITA still after years of using the Bosch vacs!

I basically use the Bosch vacs I have for construction reno stuff. My two floor model Festools are pretty well dedicated to my wood shop except for the small shoulder strap/stackable Vac-Sys unit which is a pleasure to use at times for certain jobs outside the wood shop rather than drag any of these wheeled units around. Except for the 14 gallon Bosch vacs, hauling up and down stairs or non-wheelable locations is a chore which I like to avoid where the Vac-Sys is ideal although I do use my 18V Bosch bagless vac at times for such jobs depending on what the task at hand is. That 18V is nice, but sometimes, it’s hose is a little on the short side.

Doobie

Excellent choice. I have one and I may get a second one. I feel it is the best gravity rise stand out there still although I haven’t kept up much on new tool introductions much the last year or so.

The gravity rise stand that comes with their jobsite 4100 TS is similar design and is excellent as well.

@Doobie dang it , I just responded with a longer text , definitely not going to re type it , but congrats

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

No email or nothin’, but I just noticed that points have been removed for a 14 gallon vac I requested the third week of April.

Things seem to be moving, lots have seen points deducted and as you state they were noted in your points history.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 579 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.562 seconds