dcsimg

Bosch Tool Redemption History By BTP Members

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 366 total)
  • Author

I’m seeing a trend where if the product on the list is not showing when you click the link. It’s no longer available.

I was wondering if this was the case. I was looking at the Rewards List and there seems a few tools not mentioned too that would show when the link was clicked. This got me to thinking they weren’t available.

That’s what I thought also

We will see in hopefully a few days if I receive my redemption , because when I click on the 14 gallon , it doesn’t go on the product 🤷‍♂️

Did you receive a email about the tool? Has your points been removed?

I sent in a reminder last week , and later on in the same day , they deducted the points , so I just assumed it was still available 🤞

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’m seeing a trend where if the product on the list is not showing when you click the link. It’s no longer available.

I was wondering if this was the case. I was looking at the Rewards List and there seems a few tools not mentioned too that would show when the link was clicked. This got me to thinking they weren’t available.

That’s what I thought also

We will see in hopefully a few days if I receive my redemption , because when I click on the 14 gallon , it doesn’t go on the product 🤷‍♂️

Did you receive a email about the tool? Has your points been removed?

I sent in a reminder last week , and later on in the same day , they deducted the points , so I just assumed it was still available 🤞

They had deducted Warrens points towards the saw as well. But the saw was not available. Don’t think the powers to be have a clue. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Guys I think RonW hit the nail on the head. If you go to the list and pick a tool, then click the link for the tool, if the link takes you to the Bosch Product Page for that tool more than likely that tool will be available to order. If you land on an error page or a generic Bosch Tools page you are out of luck as that tool has been discontinued and superseded. What seems to be available are a bunch of corded tools, both glides as well as the T4B are available, the corded portable bandsaw as well etc etc. Check the link, order if the Bosch Product page shows up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Guys I think RonW hit the nail on the head. If you go to the list and pick a tool, then click the link for the tool, if the link takes you to the Bosch Product Page for that tool more than likely that tool will be available to order. If you land on an error page or a generic Bosch Tools page you are out of luck as that tool has been discontinued and superseded. What seems to be available are a bunch of corded tools, both glides as well as the T4B are available, the corded portable bandsaw as well etc etc. Check the link, order if the Bosch Product page shows up.

Yeah I noticed that also 🙄🤷‍♂️
    If you follow that or I should say the links , not much left to the list 🤷‍♂️

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

that’s not reliable either. Two of my tools were discontinued and still show up.

I think we discussed this in the past. If it doesn’t show up it means either (1) it’s been discontinued or (2) that redemption list is many years old and the link may have been changed. All it takes is for Bosch to update a page for a particular tool, and the page address changes, Bosch updates their own website so it points to the correct new link but they will not update the list to refresh the links.

Then there are still tools that do link correctly and the products show up that I’ve been told it’s discontinued. Such as the GSA18V-125N or the GSA18V-125K14 saws.

Also look at the table saws. All the table saw links are not working. Whether it’s the GTS1031, or the 4100 with or without stands, someone redeemed for the 4100-09 and was substituted with the 4100-10 which is not on the list. I asked about the GTS1031 and the GTA500 last year whether they are available, never got a response.

Keen boots are still being linked, and we know it’s not available.

Jim mentioned he tried to redeem the GLL 100G and the GLL 3-50, both not available but both pages show up fine.

Seems to me the only truly reliable way to know is to have a list we the members compiled listing what they have redeemed successfully and unsuccessfully. If we have them on a list we can easily consult such list and save a lot of headaches, we do have a lot of data points but everyone seems to post those scattered all over in I GOT A BOX, in here and in the what are you saving up for so to find them you have to plow through multiple threads. It would be nice if they are posted in one place what was redeemed successfully and more important what is no longer available.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

that’s not reliable either. Two of my tools were discontinued and still show up.

Nobody said this was 100%. I had stated as I have noticed a trend. You may have gotten lucky with receiving tools that were no longer showing up on the list pages, but still in inventory.

Keen boots are still being linked, and we know it’s not available.

I suspect that somebody is to lazy to get the codes from Keen or Blaklader. This is only my speculation. No evidence to prove this one way or another.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Nobody said this was 100%. I had stated as I have noticed a trend. You may have gotten lucky with receiving tools that were no longer showing up on the list pages, but still in inventory.

This has been discussed before in another thread. The “if the link doesn’t bring up the product” when you click on it, I remember at the tome the conclusion was it could mean two things:

(1) the product was truly discontinued.
    (2) the bosch product page has been revised or moved, the actual product is still there, but the page has moved, only the redemption page link has not been (and will never be) updated with new links to point to the revised locations.

We don’t know which is which though.

what I also found out is the person processing the redemption does not know if something is discontinued or out of stock or not. That’s the only reason my Septamber redemption was ordered and thought to be sent out in October only later on was told “oops guess it’s discontinued”.

I think there are significant enough tools that are no longer available we may be getting close to the point where we just email Bosch and say “send me whatever you still have” LOL.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

GLL3-50 3 line laser, another done discontinued

Wow ,
    Geeze that list is getting shorter and shorter by the week 🤷‍♂️

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wow that’s too bad. Thanks for adding to the list.

As Brian said the list is getting much smaller.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Just read the last few pages of this thread. Here’s some possible answers….

Warren shoulda got his 4100 TS imo. When I ordered mine two or more years ago, the link was not necessarily broken (can’t recall for sure), it’s simply that the link on the prize list is for the 4100-09 model. They were replaced in and around that time with the 4100-10 which is almost an entirely identical product except I think the gravity rise stand got modified to be a bit lighter. At the time, they sent me the 4100-10 without any fuss on my part to get them to do so.

It was fulfilled and shipped by reg delivery via Purolator from the Bosch warehouse in Mississauga here in Canada. I did get an email from them on that one redemption which was from Bosch Mississauga, but that was a one-off. Can’t even recall what it was for. I ended up having to call them, but again, I can’t recall why. Some kind of confirmation they wanted IIRC.

That’s not to say that maybe they just no longer want ANY 4100 on the prize list, who knows for sure.

In regards to KEEN and Blakladder. From what I was told at one point is that they are contracts with those sponsors and in all likelihood the contracts were not renewed is why you can’t get stuff from them any longer.

The whole prize thing was supposed to be updated months ago along with other changes, but nothing has happened. No longer know what to expect/think. There was a lot of work going on behind the scenes last summer at Bosch and with myself involved also, then poof….nothing! I’m actually really dismayed/pissed-off myself. No clue if anything will in fact change around here. Sorry, wish I had better news.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

With some redemptions coming in the last little while. I decided to put in a request on Feb 28. I thought maybe it would be a good time. I haven’t heard anything and no points removed either. I know it is still early. Just wondering what is going really.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I just don’t think this is a priority for Bosch.

I only redeem things that are nice to have but I don’t need because of the unreliable nature of the redemption process.

I think waiting six months before finding out things are discontinued is disappointing, I asked for something else and we shall see, if it takes another six months it will be a one year redemption LOL.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I just don’t think this is a priority for Bosch.

It looks this way or maybe it isn’t priority who is charge of the social media department.

only redeem things that are nice to have but I don’t need because of the unreliable nature of the redemption process.

LOL!!

I only redeem things I could use. I don’t have the space to get tools that are nice.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I only redeem things I could use. I don’t have the space to get tools that are nice.

When I say nice I mean “nicer” than what I have right now but not something I need to use. If I need a particular tool then I need it and I have to buy it. Not going to sit around and wait 6 to 8 months for it to not show up.

I have a Bosch rotary hammer and I redeemed for a higher model going from a 1″ to a 1-1/8″. My old hammer is still working, if a new hammer shows up great if it doesn’t it’s no big deal. I have also in the past redeemed for something thinking it will show up sooner, and after two months I decided to just buy it and on the third month the tool showed up by then it’s too late.

Another option is to just get consumables instead. I have my own inventory of blades, drill bits, SDS bits etc…may be get those because if it takes time it wouldn’t cause any harm but if it shows up then it just add to your existing inventory.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Another option is to just get consumables instead

I’m leaning in that direction myself. I could use some nice table saw blades.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

When I say nice I mean “nicer” than what I have right now but not something I need to use. If I need a particular tool then I need it and I have to buy it. Not going to sit around and wait 6 to 8 months for it to not show up.

Ah ok. I know you have had some bad getting redemptions on getting tools. I can’t say I have ever when 6 to 8 months waiting on tool.

Another option is to just get consumables instead.

I thought about this with my last redemption. But I did bother requesting any. Maybe next time,

Greg

I have a Bosch rotary hammer and I redeemed for a higher model going from a 1″ to a 1-1/8″. My old hammer is still working, if a new hammer shows up great if it doesn’t it’s no big deal. I have also in the past redeemed for something thinking it will show up sooner, and after two months I decided to just buy it and on the third month the tool showed up by then it’s too late.

Another option is to just get consumables instead. I have my own inventory of blades, drill bits, SDS bits etc…may be get those because if it takes time it wouldn’t cause any harm but if it shows up then it just add to your existing inventory.

LoL yeah I know what you mean , I buy or redeem for tools that I actually use , not to be nice ,
    That’s a good idea for ordering consumables
    I bought a ridgid diamond cup 5 inch for the grinder , those can get pretty pricey , but they are definitely good.
    I’ll have to look into this 👍👊

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

LoL yeah I know what you mean , I buy or redeem for tools that I actually use , not to be nice ,
    That’s a good idea for ordering consumables
    I bought a ridgid diamond cup 5 inch for the grinder , those can get pretty pricey , but they are definitely good.
    I’ll have to look into this 👍

If I have a broken tool and I need one, I buy it. That’s a need. You can’t wait around for it not knowing if it’s available or when it will show up or if it will at all.

Now if I have a broken compound miter saw, but I have several laying around, but they are scattered at different properties. So the broken one causes some inconvenience, but I can go to property A and move it to property B where I need it and use it for a few months without a huge hassle, or if I have several drills and my favorite one broke but I have others I can use in the mean time, then I may redeem for one and wait for it. To me that’s just getting a nicer newer tool. I may send in a redemption and see what happens.

But the redemption process at least for me has been flawed and sluggish. You have to ask if you truly need a tool and have to wait six to eight months for it and you are able to get by without that tool for such a long time then you don’t really need it, that tool when it eventually show up is just better nicer than what you had. Unless you can plan your project so far ahead of time you send in a redemption in the fall knowing you will start a project in the spring and you need such a tool then.

The other thing is, as the list gets older and older, the tools are also getting older and older. Many tools on the list are outdated and are for example the old brushed models, even though Bosch have newer models they are not on the list. So you also have to decide whether it is worth it to redeem. Do you want to redeem for an older brushed tool when there are newer lighter better models out there.

Consumables are different. Circular saw blades, reciprocating saw blades, starlock blades, SDS bits, grinding wheels, diamond cups etc…those will never be outdated, they can always be used. a SDS chipping bit ten years old is as useful as one today. There hasn’t been any technology advances on these bits for years, but a ten year old drill or saw is probably not that attractive compared to what’s on the market today. and if the consumables do not show up, hey no big deal.

I know we have complained in the past why doesn’t Bosch reply to emails about redemptions being not available. I think whoever handles redemption don’t know that they are not until later. In my case when I sent in my request in September, points were deducted in November, when I asked about it in February, they told me it was sent in November. When I said I never received it was when he replied that it was discontinued. I got the impression that the person did not know but only send a request to some place else, and if it’s not available, that person may or may not get notified and in my case it got totally dropped.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I had points deducted on February 19 (for a request made in December) but have not received it yet…at least the wheels are rolling albeit slowly.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 366 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.822 seconds