dcsimg

Bosch Tool Improvements and/or Changes

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wonder if they figure belt sanders are obsolete with modern RO sanders

Never used an RO. Do they remove material as fast as a belt sander? Do the leave scuff marks, because they aren’t going with the grain?

Delta

I have a Festool Rotex that I would say removes stuff really fast when set to the aggressive removal mode with a good paper on it. Nice thing with using it over a belt sander is the dust extraction and also it doesn’t have the issue with creating possible line ridges that you get when you are not super careful with a belt sander.

Swirl marks are not really bad and you can always sand them out with finer grits and changing the mode to non-aggressive mode.

I also have the Festool Rotex and when you need a 1/4″ removed very fast it will do it!! On the aggressive mode it is a dangerous tool.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

Interesting info there.

I have a belt sander and a palm sander, and use those 2 for everything. Never tried the RO yet.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I run a couple belt sanders, a small RO and a 1/4 sheet. I use my belt sanders all the time for quick material removal and even down to 120 some times. This is cost effective on larger surfaces. A belt is cheaper and last longer than the velcro backed disks. If i get myself that 1/2 sheet sander i could almost eliminate a RO

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

bosch gts 10 xc professional

I have been watching some of the Tube videos. I know members have mentioned to bring European models here but mainly 12V & 18V tools.
    I really like some of the features of this table saw.

Dust Collection molded in to the upper guard
    The integrated sliding table
    all be it short but out feed rear table extension

https://youtu.be/DF_Ko_iwMhU

Router table insert

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Nice setup. Thanks for posting, @58chev.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

bosch gts 10 xc professional

I have been watching some of the Tube videos. I know members have mentioned to bring European models here but mainly 12V & 18V tools.
    I really like some of the features of this table saw.

Dust Collection molded in to the upper guard
    The integrated sliding table
    all be it short but out feed rear table extension

https://youtu.be/DF_Ko_iwMhU

Router table insert

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/GD55wLoNyKs?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

i seen the bosch product video of the UK model couple days ago and i liked the features too.
    even the dust port in the back of the saw is better covert.
    they should add all those features to the NA model

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Interesting info there.

I have a belt sander and a palm sander, and use those 2 for everything. Never tried the RO yet.

Delta

I really don’t like the fsetool high price scam but when it comes to sanders they really have it down. the Rotex in any size is a game changer!!! the 150 is the big one and I think it’s a good starting one. It’s the one I use. I would love to get the 125 and the 90.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Interesting info there.

Delta

It depends what machine is doing the “RO”. A Festool 150 Rotex in the aggressive mode setting is almost supernatural. It just cuts and hogs away so fast with an attached DC, it is impressive.

Bosch should come out with a similar machine!

I have to add though, the Festool Rotex 150 EQ is not exceptionally good at any one thing. It is a sander that has multi-tasking capabilities with it’s RO normal and its freakish strong “Agressive” mode, but there is usually another sander you would need to complete the job properly.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

So what does the aggressive mode do, stop the oscillation with rotation only?

Doobie

I guess basically that is what it does. It just tears at whatever you are sanding. It’s almost like it’s not sanding but excavating instead in its aggressive mode. It’s like your sandpaper has grown a set a teeth, meantime, you can sit in your tux and be clean afterwards if its attached to a dust extractor.

Don’t laugh. That was the demonstration in front of my eyes that got me to buy this as my first Festool item in a friend’s shop by a Festool rep albeit the guy was not actually wearing a tux at the time but alluded that if he was it would not have been an issue. Did it create an impression on me? Yep!

It really does rip the snot off of stuff in my experience. Only complaint, it’s heavy for prolonged use, but what beast isn’t?

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I guess basically that is what it does. It just tears at whatever you are sanding. It’s almost like it’s not sanding but excavating instead in its aggressive mode. It’s like your sandpaper has grown a set a teeth, meantime, you can sit in your tux and be clean afterwards if its attached to a dust extractor.

Don’t laugh. That was the demonstration in front of my eyes that got me to buy this as my first Festool item in a friend’s shop by a Festool rep albeit the guy was not actually wearing a tux at the time but alluded that if he was it would not have been an issue. Did it create an impression on me? Yep!

It really does rip the snot off of stuff in my experience. Only complaint, it’s heavy for prolonged use, but what beast isn’t?

Hmm so I guess it’s a simple lever that locks the pad with the output shaft, so the central bearing doesn’t rotate anymore. I wonder if they have a patent on it so Bosch or anyone else can’t just make one with the same mechanism.

Doobie

Hmm so I guess it’s a simple lever that locks the pad with the output shaft, so the central bearing doesn’t rotate anymore. I wonder if they have a patent on it so Bosch or anyone else can’t just make one with the same mechanism.

I’ve never investigated what it makes it so aggressive in aggressive mode insofar as the mechanics of it. I just know it works rather well. It’s truly an impressive sander in that regard.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I know I have said it before and will say it again : ) It would be really nice to see a NA Bosch jobsite blower released. Corded or cordless.

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Cordless brushcutter GFR 42 Professional

Now I think this could replace my gas trimmer if it were in the NA Market.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow from all the comments and endorsements it seems like Festool has some nice sanders. Are they cordless?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

woodman_412

Interesting comments about the Festool sanders. I didn’t realize that they will take material off so quickly in the aggressive mode. It would be nice if Bosch had a mode like that on the ROS65. I really like my ROS65 and it does just about all of my sanding needs. Just about the only thing I use my belt sander for lately is scribing countertops to the wall.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve never investigated what it makes it so aggressive in aggressive mode insofar as the mechanics of it. I just know it works rather well. It’s truly an impressive sander in that regard.

now how does the mirka stack up to the fetsool sander, I am looking for an aggressive sander, something that will outshine the puny porter cable I have.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

speaking of the ROS65 bringing it back in the lboxx kit sure would be nice

Doobie

now how does the mirka stack up to the fetsool sander, I am looking for an aggressive sander, something that will outshine the puny porter cable I have.

The Mirka uses Abranet sheets instead of traditional papers. Supposed to work better and last longer.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Cordless brushcutter GFR 42 Professional

Now I think this could replace my gas trimmer if it were in the NA Market.

the complete new professional garden line is pretty cool.
    i’m thinking about getting the blower which gonna hit germany in spring 2016

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.823 seconds