dcsimg

Bosch Tool Improvements and/or Changes

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I wish Bosch still made that 4″ belt sander. I think it’s the 1276D.

I have one, and I love it. It’s powerful, sturdy, and accurate. But if it ever breaks, I’m screwed. I’m not a big fan of Porter Cable for power tools, although I love their suitcase air compressor.

Delta

Yup. I wanted a belt sander that has a sanding frame And that can be converted to stationary. Was the only one, so far as I can tell
    Still on my garage sale/CL/Kijiji search list

I picked up an old PBS75 at a garage sale $5 plus a new belt (still available). It’s the 3″ version of that generation. Whines like a banshee but still does the job well. Sits on its back on the workbench very well for stationary use.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Great post. I love my Bosch tools. My IDH182 could benefit from a smother anvil, my bits get stuck on or in the 1/4″ hex when impacting. I’ve had to tap them several times with a small hammer to loosen from impact sockets and drill bits alike. I love that impact gun though. Also I’d love to see the 5.0 and 6.0 come out wireless. Sorry if anybody posted these already, those are really my only gripes with my small collection of tools 🙂

Attachments:

Great post. I love my Bosch tools. My IDH182 could benefit from a smother anvil, my bits get stuck on or in the 1/4″ hex when impacting. I’ve had to tap them several times with a small hammer to loosen from impact sockets and drill bits alike. I love that impact gun though. Also I’d love to see the 5.0 and 6.0 come out wireless. Sorry if anybody posted these already, those are really my only gripes with my small collection of tools :)

Nice set up Chris, looking real good.

Doobie

My IDH182 could benefit from a smother anvil, my bits get stuck on or in the 1/4″ hex when impacting. I’ve had to tap them several times with a small hammer to loosen from impact sockets and drill bits alike. I love that impact gun though.

What is the anvil? Not familiar with what that term means.

Hammering action from the impact (anvil)

yellaD
    Pro

I have one, and I love it. It’s powerful, sturdy, and accurate. But if it ever breaks, I’m screwed. I’m not a big fan of Porter Cable for power tools, although I love their suitcase air compressor.

Delta

Yup. I wanted a belt sander that has a sanding frame And that can be converted to stationary. Was the only one, so far as I can tell

I picked up an old PBS75 at a garage sale $5 plus a new belt (still available). It’s the 3″ version of that generation. Whines like a banshee but still does the job well. Sits on its back on the workbench very well for stationary use.

Did that thing have sander have a DC chute?
    Please bring the track system here!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It would be nice to be able to lock a l-boxx1,2,3 or 4 when it is stacked.

A Working Pro since 2004

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

YES. Another gripe of mine from the first L-boxx I got. Can’t lock them when stacked!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Doobie

YES. Another gripe of mine from the first L-boxx I got. Can’t lock them when stacked!

What do you guys mean? You can’t look them together or simply lock one in a stack that hasn’t already been locked without removing it from the stack to do so?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

What do you guys mean? You can’t look them together or simply lock one in a stack that hasn’t already been locked without removing it from the stack to do so?

You can’t throw a padlock on them if they are stacked.

Even better would be if they actually locked together with that padlock, then a stack would be hard to move as well.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Even better would be if they actually locked together with that padlock, then a stack would be hard to move as well.

That’s a great thought! Maybe we can rig something up our selves?

A Working Pro since 2004

My IDH182 could benefit from a smother anvil, my bits get stuck on or in the 1/4″ hex when impacting. I’ve had to tap them several times with a small hammer to loosen from impact sockets and drill bits alike. I love that impact gun though.

What is the anvil? Not familiar with what that term means.

@Doobie sorry, the 1/2″ hog ring anvil for the impactor. It is the part where you put impact wrench sockets on it. Truly a unique machine with the 1/4″ hex shank enclosed in the unit but man do sockets get stuck on it sometimes!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Delta

Yes it does, and there is an accessory bracket for it for vertical bench mounting as well.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Delta

Yes it does, and there is an accessory bracket for it for vertical bench mounting as well.

Wonder if they figure belt sanders are obsolete with modern RO sanders

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

That’s a great thought! Maybe we can rig something up our selves?

You would need something like what is used on the old time file cabinets.
    A rod or flat metal piece and some sort of hoop on each L-BOXX and the lock would go at the end of the metal.

Couldn’t find a very good example…

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

Rarely use cordless anything, but my crew guy Jake does..always waiting for things to charge…

Time to buy him some extra batteries. Trying to work with only one battery is huge PITA. Plus, those batteries will pay for themselves in no time, if it helps him to be more productive.

Delta

Absolutely. If I am using a cordless tool for a long period of time I have at least 2 batteries on charge. There are days that I am using my CCS180 18v circular saw, JSH180 18v jigsaw, and the IDH182 18v impact – those days I may have 4 or 5 batteries on charge. I don’t I have ever had to wait for a battery to charge – keep rotating them out and I am good to go.

got the battery situation taken care of for Christmas..got him 3 more to go with his bonus. Like I’ve said elsewhere in this forum, my biggest gripe about his cordless Bosch stuff is when we’re pre-drilling ipe, and I’m not a woman that’s going to down a man’s tools to his face..I just get my Dewalt out of the trailer, hand it to him and smile.

I would like to see an 18v light similar to Milwaukee’s. I also feel the MX30 would benefit from a light. The bit extension/holder that comes with the PS22 needs some improvements. The bits themselves come out of the holder and often times the bit gets stuck in a screw and comes right out of the extension. I feel like the magnet inside it is weak and breaks apart too easily.

Anything is possible if your wallet is thick enough ~ my father

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

Never used an RO. Do they remove material as fast as a belt sander? Do the leave scuff marks, because they aren’t going with the grain?

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Never used an RO. Do they remove material as fast as a belt sander? Do the leave scuff marks, because they aren’t going with the grain?

Delta

Two completely different concepts belt vs RO. Belt sanders (straight line sander) is used for leveling across long distances. They can rapidly smooth and level a surface. Best used on large horizontal or vertical surfaces. An RO sander is best used to smooth a large surface that is already level or smooth and level a smaller intricate curved surface where a straight line sander is impractical to use. Using an RO sander on a large horizontal or vertical surface to smooth and level almost always will leave high and low spots no matter how hard try.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

Delta

I have a Festool Rotex that I would say removes stuff really fast when set to the aggressive removal mode with a good paper on it. Nice thing with using it over a belt sander is the dust extraction and also it doesn’t have the issue with creating possible line ridges that you get when you are not super careful with a belt sander.

Swirl marks are not really bad and you can always sand them out with finer grits and changing the mode to non-aggressive mode.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.822 seconds