dcsimg

Bosch Tool Improvements and/or Changes

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I have one of the older 12v muti tools. There is a little plastic fitting on the end that breaks if you put too much stress on the saw. It is designed to do that to protect the motor. Problem is, you can’t buy the part, and have to spend $40 for the whole head. Many users online with the same issue.

The later ones have all metal gear so the plastic part is probably no longer available. There’s a guy on youtube managed to melt nylon plastic directly into the cavity to mold a new gear though so that’s another option (he tried epoxy and it didn’t work).

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

I wish Bosch still made that 4×24 belt sander. I think it’s the 1276D.

I have one, and I love it. It’s powerful, sturdy, and accurate. But if it ever breaks, I’m screwed. I’m not a big fan of Porter Cable for power tools, although I love their suitcase air compressor.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

A dual laser on the glide mitre might be handy. From what I understand it is on the euro one. A retrofit would be nice for that.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

The 16ga. 18volt trin nailer really needs looked at. I’ve had 2 die on me now.

Yea, that’s a nasty I heard you mention before. Have you gotten proper resolution to it?

I need to call the Pro Vantage about it.

I have a new gun being sent out and I will send the defective unit back.

Somethings definitely not right with them. It’s not like you had ether of them very long. And you don’t use one everyday. They should hold up better than that.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

A dual laser on the glide mitre might be handy. From what I understand it is on the euro one. A retrofit would be nice for that.

Jim, I agree. Don’t understand why there are differences in the two when all they should have to do from the EU model is convert the power input.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro

I have the 5412 miter saw, and it has a laser guide. I never really pay any attention it though. It comes on automatically when the saw starts.

Delta

<block quote>

I should expand on this.

It has single laser on the right side of the blade. That’s fine if you’re cutting on the left side of the line, but pretty worthless if you need to cut the right side, which is how I cut most things, being right handed. Dual lasers would be better.

Also, it too dim to be seen in daylight or outdoors, so that limits its usefulness.

And it would be nice if it used line power, instead of batteries.

This might be a moot point, because I don’t know if this is still made.

Delta

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I have the 5412 miter saw, and it has a laser guide. I never really pay any attention it though. It comes on automatically when the saw starts.

Delta

<block quote>

I should expand on this.

It has single laser on the right side of the blade. That’s fine if you’re cutting on the left side of the line, but pretty worthless if you need to cut the right side, which is how I cut most things, being right handed. Dual lasers would be better.

Also, it too dim to be seen in daylight or outdoors, so that limits its usefulness.

And it would be nice if it used line power, instead of batteries.

This might be a moot point, because I don’t know if this is still made.

Delta

The one we were wishing for is indeed line power and lights up both side of blade (and adjustable).

https://youtu.be/cLuwZq_qxJo?t=6m58s

redwood
    Pro

It would be glorious if Bosch would let us know if they actually implement any changes or additions that we have suggested here.

Oh and put everything in a L-boxx, no more blow molds. You want us to commit to a storage system yet you yourselves haven’t committed it yet.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Oh and put everything in a L-boxx, no more blow molds. You want us to commit to a storage system yet you yourselves haven’t committed it yet.

Excellent point Mark. Blow mold cases get tossed out when I buy a tool in favor of an L-Boxx. It would be great if they just made it easier on us and sold their tools that way…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

The bit storage would be easy and appreciated. Slow chargers should be a thing of the past in my opinion.

Rarely use cordless anything, but my crew guy Jake does..always waiting for things to charge…yes on the longer cords. I run lots of extension cords everyday, and still wish the Bosch 18v impact had more torque and longer lasting

Doobie

I wish all their drills had on-board bit storage. Even two per drill would be nice. Some tasks you end up going from one type of bit to another and they are so small, you lose them or forget where you have them in your pockets. PITA when you are wearing work gloves having to remove your gloves every time you want to change bits. The ones that have bit storage I can change without removing my gloves typically.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Or tool bags. To me tool bags have too much wasted space. Put them in an L-Boxx with a molded insert.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

The bit storage would be easy and appreciated. Slow chargers should be a thing of the past in my opinion.

Rarely use cordless anything, but my crew guy Jake does..always waiting for things to charge…yes on the longer cords. I run lots of extension cords everyday, and still wish the Bosch 18v impact had more torque and longer lasting

Extra batteries. I cant drain them before the spare is charged. 3 batteries per tool in use at a time. Slims for drills. Fats for impacts and saws

If thats not enough, time to invest in the 6ah fatpacks

Doobie

Or tool bags. To me tool bags have too much wasted space. Put them in an L-Boxx with a molded insert.

I don’t use any of the bag type tool holders that have come with my tools. They basically sit there unused waiting for a possible future purpose that will not be related to the tool they came with.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro

Rarely use cordless anything, but my crew guy Jake does..always waiting for things to charge…

Time to buy him some extra batteries. Trying to work with only one battery is huge PITA. Plus, those batteries will pay for themselves in no time, if it helps him to be more productive.

Delta

I wish Bosch still made that 4″ belt sander. I think it’s the 1276D.

I have one, and I love it. It’s powerful, sturdy, and accurate. But if it ever breaks, I’m screwed. I’m not a big fan of Porter Cable for power tools, although I love their suitcase air compressor.

Delta

Yup. I wanted a belt sander that has a sanding frame And that can be converted to stationary. Was the only one, so far as I can tell
    Still on my garage sale/CL/Kijiji search list

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@TaraC at the fast pace work you do a corded tool is a faster running tool. It just has more power. The cord could be your best thing to use????

JMHO,,,DWB

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I don’t use any of the bag type tool holders that have come with my tools. They basically sit there unused waiting for a possible future purpose that will not be related to the tool they came with.

I have grown fond of the bags for a few uses. The blow molded cases are a joke though. I can’t believe that some people actually want them. The amount of time spent opening and closing the boxes alone in a year would probably pay for a new tool.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Rarely use cordless anything, but my crew guy Jake does..always waiting for things to charge…

Time to buy him some extra batteries. Trying to work with only one battery is huge PITA. Plus, those batteries will pay for themselves in no time, if it helps him to be more productive.

Delta

Absolutely. If I am using a cordless tool for a long period of time I have at least 2 batteries on charge. There are days that I am using my CCS180 18v circular saw, JSH180 18v jigsaw, and the IDH182 18v impact – those days I may have 4 or 5 batteries on charge. I don’t I have ever had to wait for a battery to charge – keep rotating them out and I am good to go.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Same here.

I don’t remember the lst time that I was using cordless, and had to switch to a cord due to battery shortage. I rarely charge batteries on site though. I prefer to bring them home, throw them on the chargers, and back to work the next day.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.597 seconds