dcsimg

Bosch Tool Improvements and/or Changes

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

went in the garage at night but got no response to those pictures.

It’s nice the new place has lights, good for taking pics.

im lost, what you mean dirty?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have to agree with making the fast charger standard equipment for all the cordless tools. I also think the l cart should have clips on the bottom for l boxxes to latch into.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

went in the garage at night but got no response to those pictures.

It’s nice the new place has lights, good for taking pics.

im lost, what you mean dirty?

I thought you just had wired up a new shop area??? So there are lights now.. Good for talking pics ,,, right??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

I have to agree with making the fast charger standard equipment for all the cordless tools. I also think the l cart should have clips on the bottom for l boxxes to latch into.

My one concern with fast chargers is battery longevity. I read from manufacturers of phones that fast chargers for them leads to shortening their usefull life. Is this not the same for these tool batteries?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The 16ga. 18volt trin nailer really needs looked at. I’ve had 2 die on me now.

Dirty

Doobie

Yea, that’s a nasty I heard you mention before. Have you gotten proper resolution to it?

What, the second one is finished already, yeah I guess they should be looked at. Maybe that’s why they aren’t going into the cordless Nailers more than happy 26 gauge?

And for the tools stuff, would be nice like other members mentioned, maybe update the L boxes to be able to get into the bottom stacked boxes, or come up with a few single cart style cabinets like Brad made, but maybe in the same type of plastic as the L box, plus with the casters like the cart. That would be great, you could mix and match the tools you need for different jobs.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Although I don’t use any L-boxx inserts, it would be nice if a drawing was included or available on-line that shows what the different indentations are for. Baffles me that Bosch (and other companies) spend money on design and molding and then leave us to guess what to do with the darn things. Or maybe it’s an inside joke, and the people responsible have a beer and a good laugh thinking about us trying to figure out what an indentation is for, when it’s not actually for anything!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yea, that’s a nasty I heard you mention before. Have you gotten proper resolution to it?

I need to call the Pro Vantage about it.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Although I don’t use any L-boxx inserts, it would be nice if a drawing was included or available on-line that shows what the different indentations are for. Baffles me that Bosch (and other companies) spend money on design and molding and then leave us to guess what to do with the darn things.

Oh man that is a rant of mine from way back. You’re right they spend money and time designing inserts and features built into the storage but then neglect to tell us how to use it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a new gun being sent out and I will send the defective unit back.

Dirty

RyanF
    Pro

The last two drills I’ve purchased (18v brushless and 12v right angle) both have the issue with the trigger not engaging. I ultimately get the job done, but they’re frustrating to use.

I could handle them using a different carrier than UPS for delivery.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

They should be sending you two of them at this point just to make up for what seems like an endless hassle.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

They should be sending you two of them at this point just to make up for what seems like an endless hassle.

I did ask for a later manufacturing date that 2011 like the last 2 were. She said make a note of it… We’ll see.

Dirty

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

WOW!~ this is awesome feedback. I have alerted the Bosch product managers and they are all buzzing about your suggestions. Bosch is a very meticulous company but they also know that the end users of their products are the best evaluators of all. So keep the comments coming. Even if they do not respond directly, they are watching this thread (and others) and taking into account your experiences with their tools. Thanks again to all who contributed to this thread. Keep the suggestions coming.

Happy Holidays
    Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The grip on the 18v brushless socket ready impact is PERFECT!!! That grip should be on all of there drills and impacts.

This is the biggest reason I DIDN’T bring in the flexi click. The handle is just too fat.

The grip on the socket ready is PERFECT.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Although I don’t use any L-boxx inserts, it would be nice if a drawing was included or available on-line that shows what the different indentations are for. Baffles me that Bosch (and other companies) spend money on design and molding and then leave us to guess what to do with the darn things.

Oh man that is a rant of mine from way back. You’re right they spend money and time designing inserts and features built into the storage but then neglect to tell us how to use it.

Here’s a simple solution, put pictograph on bottom of each cavity to show what it’s intended for. Although I think some of those are just there because there’s space left over, and not meant for anything specific.

Also to expand on my earlier comment on IDH182’s light button operation, makes it so that a 3 second press (like how you switch FL12 to low) turns on the light for 10 (or 30) minutes before time out. It only takes a reprogramming of the processor and no other changes needed.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I have one of the older 12v muti tools. There is a little plastic fitting on the end that breaks if you put too much stress on the saw. It is designed to do that to protect the motor. Problem is, you can’t buy the part, and have to spend $40 for the whole head. Many users online with the same issue.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Just as an example, here’s how Festool shows where things go in a systainer.
    I understand that not all accessories will be available in all markets. It drives me nuts though not knowing what the spaces were designed for, and wondering if I adapt the space for something else I’ll regret it later when I discover its original purpose.
    Since Jim mentioned that product managers are looking at this thread I’ll add a link to a comment I made about handheld vacuum design:
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-12v-vac120bn-unboxing/page/3/#post-443406

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.567 seconds