dcsimg

Bosch Tool Improvements and/or Changes

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’ll ask the dumb question. What is special/unique about these types of L-Boxxes?

@Doobie,
    The top BOXX’s lid is an LED light.
    The red just because… as Chris said, use as first aid kit.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Saw someone printed the clips for lboxxes to attach other custom stuff

I remember that too, I’d like to make something like that

I found the printable file and had it sent to a 3d printshop. Ordered 14 clips (same price as 1). We will see how they turn out

Maybe clip lboxxes to the bottom and sides of my bench…. Or walls

Would you mind posting a link to the printable file?

Here you are Kyle

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:92837

Great link! I know at some point I will be needing these. These should be standard and included with any L-boxx purchase.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

I’ll ask the dumb question. What is special/unique about these types of L-Boxxes?

@Doobie,

Thanks Frank. Couldn’t tell the top was a light. But for what useful purpose?

The red one I simply thought was just a colour selection. Makes sense it’s for First Aid.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Saw someone printed the clips for lboxxes to attach other custom stuff

I remember that too, I’d like to make something like that

I found the printable file and had it sent to a 3d printshop. Ordered 14 clips (same price as 1). We will see how they turn out

Maybe clip lboxxes to the bottom and sides of my bench…. Or walls

Would you mind posting a link to the printable file?

Here you are Kyle

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:92837

Great link! I know at some point I will be needing these. These should be standard and included with any L-boxx purchase.

I know that I posted up a PDF of the homemade wood version of the clip. Simple enough to make.

I can see these being used in a cabinet with pull out drawers like the one Brad made. If you were moving them around from place to place and did not want them to shift or fall out.

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@Doobie,

The red one I simply thought was just a colour selection. Makes sense it’s for First Aid.

well that light while placed on top of a stack could be like a tripod for a regular light and it’ll be movable and aimable. where the fl12 you have to find a spot to place it, this one you just roll it towards where you need and probably flip open the lid and aim it.

I know that I posted up a PDF of the homemade wood version of the clip. Simple enough to make.

Do you still have the link? I cant find it

Doobie

@Doobie,

well that light while placed on top of a stack could be like a tripod for a regular light and it’ll be movable and aimable. where the fl12 you have to find a spot to place it, this one you just roll it towards where you need and probably flip open the lid and aim it.

I still think the light on the top is kinda weird and largely useless. Open lids always seem to get caught on things and knocked down.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I still think the light on the top is kinda weird and largely useless. Open lids always seem to get caught on things and knocked down.

And if you’re cutting full of saw dust!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

@Doobie,

I guess, different types of lights for different applications, just like tools, each can be useful for different work,

I’m sure if I had that type, I would definitely find some uses for it 🙂

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@Montreal_Medic,
    Eric, here ya go… I posted it up in Brad’s thread, the one that he made the shelving with sliders for his L-BOXX’s.

— Glenn Botting

@Montreal_Medic,
    Eric, here ya go… I posted it up in Brad’s thread, the one that he made the shelving with sliders for his L-BOXX’s.

Thanks much Frank

Doobie

We really should leave this thread to its intended purpose. Especially since @Kevin6 and Bosch are using it to find issues being reported about their website redo.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

From the prize list web page, clicking on certain tools takes you to a generic web page rather than the specific tool. The ROS65VC-6 sander is an example. Click the link and you get a search page. Clicking the link to the 1250DEVS sander and you go to the product page.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Another one of the guys I subscribe to (along with over 20k other folks) going over the colt and the 1617. He has a few issues he points out. I am not sure, as he says, if it is just the one he got, YMMV. I am not an authority on routers at all, so I can’t say weather I agree or disagree with him on some things. Just thought I would throw it out here for information purposes only, and to show what people are saying.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Another one of the guys I subscribe to (along with over 20k other folks) going over the colt ……

Jim, I think you may have accidentally put this post in the wrong thread. You might want to paste it where you had originally intended. I could be wrong, but I don’t see how it relates to the Bosch website revamp. 🙂

@JimDaddyO

Another one of the guys I subscribe to (along with over 20k other folks) going over the colt ……

Jim, I think you may have accidentally put this post in the wrong thread. You might want to paste it where you had originally intended. I could be wrong, but I don’t see how it relates to the Bosch website revamp. :)

@JimDaddyO

Oops, sorry…I messed up there….good call

edit….. although the OP is:

We all like Bosch tools, that’s why we are on the forum. We use them every day. If you have a suggestion for an improvement to a tool or a change to make the tool work better then post it here. Hopefully Bosch R&D or marketing will monitor this thread and incorporate our suggestions into future tool releases.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Jim, I think you may have accidentally put this post in the wrong thread. You might want to paste it where you had originally intended. I could be wrong, but I don’t see how it relates to the Bosch website revamp.

Hey @Doobie,
    Your mixing this thread up with the one I created.
    This is the one to bring up any inconsistencies with the Bosch website.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-power-tools-for-professionals/

While I’m here. 🙂

The CFL180 18 V Lithium-Ion Flashlight, I think could use some of the features that The FL12 have. Maybe a good sized Earth Magnet to position it if the handle cannot be hung anywhere close.

— Glenn Botting

Jim, I think you may have accidentally put this post in the wrong thread. You might want to paste it where you had originally intended. I could be wrong, but I don’t see how it relates to the Bosch website revamp.

Hey @Doobie,

While I’m here. :)

The CFL180 18 V Lithium-Ion Flashlight, I think could use some of the features that The FL12 have. Maybe a good sized Earth Magnet to position it if the handle cannot be hung anywhere close.

Hey Frank, is that light out yet, I will see if they have it on the Bosch site, unless you know already.
    And yes a good handle would be nice for hanging it someplace

Doobie

Hey @Doobie,

Doh! You’re right Frank. My bad!

Sorry @JimOdaddy. Kevin is the dummy! Doh again!

Hey @Doobie,

Doh! You’re right Frank. My bad!

Sorry @JimOdaddy. Kevin is the dummy! Doh again!

I have days where my mind is on Doh! too…..It happens more often as you age, get used to it.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.504 seconds