dcsimg

Bosch Tool Improvements and/or Changes

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

would be nice to see some more cordless nailer from bosch

Do they make any that are just available in Europe?

I have not seen any over there or not that i know about.

They stopped making nail guns for a reason. The 18 volt 16ga. needs a lot of work.

Plus they seem to be getting out of pneumatic nailers too.

Maybe they didnt sell that much of their pneumatic tool line.
    Thats why they are discontinuing those tools.
    I dont know about others but my pneumatic nailer from bosch are holding up good. im not using them every day but fairly often and i had no problem with them (so far)

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

bosch just has to find the loophole to get around it.

I don’t think that Sawstop has anything to do with the release of the Reaxx TS.

They just seem to do that. They’re not the only company. Seen Festool do this many times.

As do I. Look at the delays the PS42 and the 12v jigsaw had, as well as countless others.

Doobie

Steve Gass is the inventor/owner of Sawstop. He is a patent lawyer.

I find that strange in itself/ At the risk of getting sued by that dirtbag, who’s to say he didn’t dupe away that idea or technology from some poor devil. How does somebody who is a lawyer have his nose in that type of activity on his own as an inventor. Just seems odd to me.

That may have a plausible answer for which I don’t know as I try to not read all the crap spewed on all that Sawstop chatter. Like Jim, I don’t see the benefit of his technology for me. I do see its merit for others though, and even then I tend to also think it gives people a false sense of security with only one type of danger being mitigated on a tool that has many others remaining.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It would be nice to see a 18v slim pack holster for the Bosch heated jacket.

A Working Pro since 2004

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

But then you would need a transformer to take the 18v to 12v. That would add a certain amount of bulk as well as make the jacket cost even more.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

But then you would need a transformer to take the 18v to 12v. That would add a certain amount of bulk as well as make the jacket cost even more.

I mentioned it because I noticed awhile back Dewalt has a Heated soft shell that is 12v/20v and thought it was a good idea.

http://www.dewalt.com/tools/cordless-work-gear-heated-jackets-dchj060c1.aspx
    I must admit 7hrs on low with a 20v 1.5ah sounds short

A Working Pro since 2004

I mentioned it because I noticed awhile back Dewalt has a Heated soft shell that is 12v/20v and thought it was a good idea.

Yeah I saw that as well, that would be a good update, I wonder if they would have fun do anything else on the jacket, or is it basically just giving more voltage for longer runtime.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yeah but it then it starts complicating things.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

DeWalt can do it because the 12v and 20v battery’s are basically interchangeable. They have the same connecting point.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

BOSCH has to bring these L-BOXX’s to the NA market..

Bosch 0601446100 GLI PortaLED L-Boxx Size 2

Bosch Fischer L-Boxx 102 / Size 1

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Yes, those would be something nice to add

Doobie

Isn’t the Milwaukee like that too?

Well, they wont bring the Fischer one… its not Bosch

I like the other Sortimo stuff – wish more NA companies used them

Heck, in EU, you can get custom runs for small business. Probably not cheap, but if it were available BTP members would probably be in for a custom run all our own

Doobie

I’ll ask the dumb question. What is special/unique about these types of L-Boxxes?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The 18V light in the lid would be really nice. I would buy one of those for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I think the GTS1031 (baby Bosch TS) could really use a soft start motor. I love the saw but that sound when you first turn it on….jeez, sounds like it is going to fly apart.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think the GTS1031 (baby Bosch TS) could really use a soft start motor. I love the saw but that sound when you first turn it on….jeez, sounds like it is going to fly apart.

Hey you got a point there,,,,, I’m working in a garage now and that saw keeps blowing the GFI everytime I start it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

These would be sweet! The LED boxx and First Aid boxx!

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

The 18V light in the lid would be really nice. I would buy one of those for sure.

Didn’t realize that that was a light on the top. That’s different!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hey you got a point there,,,,, I’m working in a garage now and that saw keeps blowing the GFI everytime I start it.

That has to be a pain in the butt for sure. Yes a soft start would help that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.785 seconds