dcsimg

Bosch Tool Improvements and/or Changes

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

I think Jim mentioned just before Christmas it would be in the first quarter of 2016.

Can anybody find the thread where Jim mentioned that. I know he did but where is that post?

All I can tell you is that it is coming in 2016. That’s all.

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I think Jim mentioned just before Christmas it would be in the first quarter of 2016.

Can anybody find the thread where Jim mentioned that. I know he did but where is that post?

Jim

im pretty sure we will see the saw soon on the market.
    couple shops have the saw already on their homepage listed with price etc

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Jim

I saw that as well online in the fall. I’m guessing it got delayed for unforeseen reasons. Things like that happen all the time with tools.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-launching-a-flesh-detecting-tablesaw/page/7/#post-429898

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Jim

I saw that as well online in the fall. I’m guessing it got delayed for unforeseen reasons. Things like that happen all the time with tools.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-launching-a-flesh-detecting-tablesaw/page/7/#post-429898

I think the reason this was delayed was politics and legal wrangling due to sawstop probably.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’ve seen it listed on a couple web pages also. Maybe they are taking pre-orders??

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

It took a lot of searching to find the 16 gauge nailer. Do they make an 18 gauge one? Power method of any sort.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It took a lot of searching to find the 16 gauge nailer. Do they make an 18 gauge one? Power method of any sort.

Just a pneumatic 18ga…and its been discontinued actually.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Just a pneumatic 18ga…and its been discontinued actually.

Shame, I would like to see product lines expanded based on the quality I have seen so far.

Doobie

Jim

I think the reason this was delayed was politics and legal wrangling due to sawstop probably.

I seriously doubt that. Do you know how ant-like Sawstop is to a company like Bosch?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

FNH180-16 – 18V 16ga finish nailer
    comes as a bare tool or with lboxx + battery

then just the pneumatic nailer
    BNS200-18 – 18ga brad nailer
    FNS250-16 – 16ga finish nailer

would be nice to see some more cordless nailer from bosch

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Do they make any that are just available in Europe?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Yes I would love to see more cordless finish nailers,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

They stopped making nail guns for a reason. The 18 volt 16ga. needs a lot of work.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

They stopped making nail guns for a reason. The 18 volt 16ga. needs a lot of work.

Are you still having problems out of that gun Dirty?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m on the 3rd one and really haven’t used it much. We will see.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I’m on the 3rd one and really haven’t used it much. We will see.

Wow, third one, I really like the design and look over that nailer, plus it was a good deal off the list, it was pretty high on my list, but after hearing about how problems, I think I will put it on the back burner, hopefully for you, and Bosch they can take care of this, would be nice if they come out with other models and sizes

Jim

I seriously doubt that. Do you know how ant-like Sawstop is to a company like Bosch?

As do I. Look at the delays the PS42 and the 12v jigsaw had, as well as countless others.

Bosch seems to hype it before it is ready and release it once hype is almost gone. Don’t understand why, but no reason to see this as anything more than business as usual

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Plus they seem to be getting out of pneumatic nailers too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Jim

its true sawstop is a much smaller company but laws are laws, who knows what they may be capable of doing and bosch just has to find the loophole to get around it.

I won’t bother with the huge string of quotes but….

Steve Gass is the inventor/owner of Sawstop. He is a patent lawyer. Soon after he put the patent out he tried to lobby for “flesh sensing technology” to be mandatory in the workplace and on new saws by law. He aggressively pursues any other company that tries to make any kind of flesh sensing technology as a patent infringement. Remember, he is a patent lawyer, so I imagine the wording on his patent would be pretty well written. If successful on getting government mandated flesh sensing technology on saws, he will have a virtual monopoly and then holds all the cards for licencing it, which, I believe, is his end game.

Which is why I wouldn’t buy one. A lot of the difference in price goes toward litigation costs. He is not doing this to make the world a better and safer place. He is doing it to try to create a monopoly and make himself super rich.

Just my two cents worth (about a cent and a half USD)

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.656 seconds