dcsimg

BOSCH tool battery and charger warranty question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have a question about warranty associated with Bosch batteries.

Different manufacturers deal with warranties differently.

I know with RIDGID each tool, battery and charger have unique serial numbers, so you are required to register every piece in order to have a warranty claim for them.

With Milwaukee there is no need to register, You have three years. They can tell from the tool and battery roughly when it was manufactured.

With Bosch, I am a bit confused. When you go to register your tool, they ask you for information such as date and place of purchase, serial number etc…

Let’s use the multigrip saw as an example, if you bought the bare tool, it’s GSA18V-125N. If you bought the kit which includes the saw, charger, battery, hard case it’s GSA18V-125K14A. When you go to register the tool, whether you entered GSA18V-125N or GSA18V-125K14A, it asked you for the serial number of the saw and that’s it. They do not ask you for the serial number of the charger or battery.

So let’s say you have different kits and now you have 3 chargers and 4 batteries. Some older some newer. I assume you do not keep track of which battery was originally paired with which tool.

So one day a charger gone bad, or a battery gone bad. You have no idea if the battery is 3+ years old or 2 years old or 6 months old, because all the batteries are used interchangeably. If you call up Bosch, and say I have a battery or a charger that went bad, and they ask you when was that bad battery purchased, and you have no idea because you do not keep track of which battery came with which kit, then what?

So let’s say you have different kits and now you have 3 chargers and 4 batteries. Some older some newer. I assume you do not keep track of which battery was originally paired with which tool.

I use a Milwaukee Inkzall and mark every battery and charger when they were purchased. If something dies, I turn it over to see how long I have owned it. Simple but it works.

I use a Milwaukee Inkzall and mark every battery and charger when they were purchased. If something dies, I turn it over to see how long I have owned it. Simple but it works.

I am doing the same thing Lon ,
    I usually mark the tool underneath where the battery goes , I’ll mark the dates and same for the batteries , but I have not marked a charger yet , that’s a good idea though 👍

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.176 seconds