dcsimg

Bosch takes 2 of the top 3 spots for table sawa

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

here is a table saw review where the Bosch saws take two of the top 3 spots in the rankings. I have had a Bosch jobsite saw almost since they were introduced and have never had a complaint. They are great all around saws.

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/corded/saws/best-portable-jobsite-table-saw-shootout/24024/

Just got done with the review before coming here. Thought it was well done. Thanks for posting it Kurt

Clev08
    Pro

Not surprising the two most expensive take the top two spots. I’m surprised how low the makita was rated, especially at that price! Saws half the price beat it out, I know the review is subjective based on what they chose to rate the saws by but I’m still surprised.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Table saws are something that they have always excelled in. Its no surprise that they were the first to compete with SS. I would imagine if bosch ever got into the big shop tools that they would make an excellent cabinet saw.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

does not surprise me on the portable units. They are great saws

Bosch makes good portable saws. The fences are solid and lock up properly. That was one of the reasons I went for the 4100 myself. Didn’t like what I saw on the fences of the other portable saws.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Bosch makes good portable saws. The fences are solid and lock up properly. That was one of the reasons I went for the 4100 myself. Didn’t like what I saw on the fences of the other portable saws.

I made the mistake of going with cost because I didn’t think I would use if much, but I find myself setting it up far more then I thought and wish I had spent a little more for something better quality. After playing with the Bosch in stores I know what will be replacing my current portable table saw.

Clev08
    Pro

I made the mistake of going with cost because I didn’t think I would use if much, but I find myself setting it up far more then I thought and wish I had spent a little more for something better quality. After playing with the Bosch in stores I know what will be replacing my current portable table saw.

What table saw do you have right now?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

great to see bosch at the top of the list.
    one day I gonna get a bosch portable saw.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

redwood
    Pro

No mention here of the SkilSaw wormdrive table saw. It was placed within the professional group based on performance, despite being a couple hundred dollars less then the others in it’s category. It placed 2nd to the Bosch 4100.

One thing that is interesting. There was a youtube video review posted about this saw on one of the topics regarding the wormdrive. They complained about it’s stability. I said I thought it was very stable and that they must have done something wrong. Well it was voted the most stable of all the saws tested. I feel vindicated.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I am currently awaiting parts for my 4100. I am not convinced of its durability. After just light job site use, we were struggling to raise the blade. Turns out the small threaded rod became slightly bent, and in turn the plastic gears broke.

Just read the reviews myself. No big surprises but I was hoping Bosch would edge out the Sawstop. I think their Reaxx will be a winner for them.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

since bosch owns skilsaw doesn’t that make it so they own the top section. Although i am surprised that with the new tech of the reaxxx that sawstop would score higher.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

here is a table saw review where the Bosch saws take two of the top 3 spots

Very in depth review. Nice to see the Bosch saws did so well against all of the other major brands out there.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I’ve got the 10″ Ridgid with the portable stand.

It’s alright, buy the fence doesn’t lock square, I’ve got to double check off both sides of the blade. I don’t truck checking off the table itself because it isn’t 100% square either.

Like I said for what I paid and my original intentions it’s OK, but now that I have it I use it more then I figured I would so I regret it a bit.

Very cool, this is the first good cross brand review I have seen of the Reaxx saws.

Will

dibs16
    Pro
    Hanson, MA

Clev08 wrote:

WoodsConstruction wrote:

Reflector wrote:

I’ve got the 10″ Ridgid with the portable stand.

It’s alright, buy the fence doesn’t lock square, I’ve got to double check off both sides of the blade. I don’t truck checking off the table itself because it isn’t 100% square either.

Like I said for what I paid and my original intentions it’s OK, but now that I have it I use it more then I figured I would so I regret it a bit.

I have an older rigid and it has adjustments so the fence locks up tight and square. My table is also dead nuts to the blade. You should’ve taken that one back.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

We have an older ridgid and it’s OK but it has not held up nearly as good as end an even older 4100. The 4100 was the best besides the ones with the flesh detection for a reason.

Doobie

That is a good review. I felt it was very unbiased. Everything made sense. I find most comparison reviews not very good, this one was the exception.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.463 seconds