dcsimg

Bosch Table Saw Accessories Review: Bosch (4100-09) 10 in. Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author

I also have an above blade guard with built in DC (part number 2 610 018 328 Protective Cover) coming from the UK. It’s for the boschGTS 10 XC saw but fits on the riving knife so I think it can be made to work

Is this the piece we saw on the FOG? If so, I am glad you finally figured it out!

John S

Also @thedude306 did you consider what this guy did at all in your design?
    http://www.swedishwoodworking.com/articles/improve-dust-collection-on-bosch-contractors-saw/

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Is this the piece we saw on the FOG? If so, I am glad you finally figured it out!

That’s the one. I figure it’s worth a try. I got it from the same place you got the DC for the 18V saw ( I think it was you) I have one of those coming as well. I am determined to get that base on a new FSN track

did you consider what this guy did at all in your design?

I’ve read that article before and it just tells me that good DC is possible. Even tonight after ripping about 20 shelves, I can tell it’s going to be WAY better and I just had the shop vac hooked up on my new piece and the bosch hooked up to the OEM port. With some above table collection it would be OK as is.

With the big DC it’s only going to get better.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The two piece abortion of a guard on the 4100 is well… brutal.

That guard sucks… the one that on the baby Bosch I can’t even use, it’s too much of a pain in the @55. I’ve tried.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

It helps but it just goes from really bad to bad. I hope this helps more.

I also have an above blade guard with built in DC (part number 2 610 018 328 Protective Cover) coming from the UK. It’s for the boschGTS 10 XC saw but fits on the riving knife so I think it can be made to work. The two piece abortion of a guard on the 4100 is well… brutal.

I wonder if this could be made to work stuck on the riving guard. I have one, and the magnet is super strong.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?p=30041&cat=1,42401&ap=1

Attachments:

That’s the one. I figure it’s worth a try. I got it from the same place you got the DC for the 18V saw ( I think it was you) I have one of those coming as well. I am determined to get that base on a new FSN track

I’ve read that article before and it just tells me that good DC is possible. Even tonight after ripping about 20 shelves, I can tell it’s going to be WAY better and I just had the shop vac hooked up on my new piece and the bosch hooked up to the OEM port. With some above table collection it would be OK as is.

Figure the over-blade dc is worth getting? I just ordered a gts3100 and it should fit

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Figure the over-blade dc is worth getting? I just ordered a gts3100 and it should fit

I’d like to hear how effective it is as well. I can tolerate dust on the floor, but whenever I use a 24t blade the saw Throws dust forward right at me…and that I can’t tolerate.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I’d like to hear how effective it is as well. I can tolerate dust on the floor, but whenever I use a 24t blade the saw Throws dust forward right at me…and that I can’t tolerate.

It is very effective, even cutting cedar with a dado blade.

You will also be very happy with the dc on the 18v

Ive been moving to smaller and cleaner, and the 18v with dust port and rail allowed me to step down to the gts1031 from a cabinet saw. Adding the overarm dc made it that much better

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’ll have to get some comparison video for you. Painting in the shop today so I can’t rip a few boards, but when I do I will try and get some vid or pictures.

My initial impressions are good. And for the cost of it, it’s a good addition. I think the angle of it and the size of board will effect the DC as well. Time will tell. Oh, and I need to make a hose hanger for over the table. TOO MANY VAC HOSES!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I’ll have to get some comparison video for you. Painting in the shop today so I can’t rip a few boards, but when I do I will try and get some vid or pictures.

My initial impressions are good. And for the cost of it, it’s a good addition. I think the angle of it and the size of board will effect the DC as well. Time will tell. Oh, and I need to make a hose hanger for over the table. TOO MANY VAC HOSES!

In EU, they sell a hanger for the overarm dc, clils to the saw – but I cant tell if the attachment point exists on the 4100 or the GTS.

Guess hanging from the ceiling still works

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

Make me REALLY want this saw…

Im trying to think of a bag or something that I would leave attached to the gravity rise, to hold all the accessories, like pushblocks, goggles and earmuffs, as well as a couple of inserts

Anyone come up with anything? I like that I can have all TS stuff as part of the TS, which would free up an Lboxx 2 that holds all that stuff now and never seems to be near the top of the stack when I need it

I was thinking maybe some sort of bike bag? They already connect by velcro straps to tubes….

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@Montreal_Medic
    Eric,
    Maybe some sort of bicycle pannier bag or at least one side?

I was thinking same sort of thing with eth gravity rise T4B and some accessories for the miter would be nice to have handy.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.490 seconds