dcsimg

Bosch Table Saw Accessories Review: Bosch (4100-09) 10 in. Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Your Table Saw Can Yield More with the Right Accessories

Bosch Table Saw Accessories can help maximize your saw’s capabilities. I know not all great projects start in the shop and a lot of them need a portable table saw. Bosch makes a great saw in the Bosch 4100-09 with gravity feed table and it has a number of included Bosch table saw accessories to make cutting easier and safer. These are the riving knife, the blade guard, a push stick and a miter. Bosch also makes some great add on accessories. In this review I will go over the following Bosch table saw accessories:

Bosch TS1002 Table Saw Rear Outfeed Support Extension
    Bosch TS1003 Table Saw Left Side Support Extension
    Bosch TS1004 Table Saw Dust Collector Bag
    Bosch TS1007 Dado Insert
    Bosch DC010 Digital Carriage Display (on back order, review to follow)

Bosch Table Saw Accessories: Bosch TS1004 Table Saw Dust Collector Bag

Bosch Table Saw Accessories Review: Bosch (4100-09) 10 in. Table Dust Collection TS1004In the shop I usually hook up the shop vac to the saw to try and contain some of the dust, but there are times when that doesn’t happen. When in the yard, or on the deck, I often have the vac doing other duties. I thought I would give the dust collector bag a try. It easily fits on the output port of the saws dust collection and does a good job of containing the dust from that port. It’s a nice size and supports itself on the ground. At first I thought this was odd, but with the amount of dust it collect, it needs to. It would never hold up to the weight of the waste otherwise. It has an easily opened zipper and unloading is a breeze. A word of caution, this is not a substitute for proper vacuum dust extractors. Any material that does not get thrown out of the port is obviously not going into the bag. You are still going to make a mess with this bag; it just makes it substantially less. I wouldn’t call this a must have, but its cost makes it worth the purchase.

Bosch Table Saw Accessories TS1004 Dust Collection Bag

Bosch Table Saw Accessories: Bosch TS1002 Table Saw Rear Outfeed Support Extension

One of the drawbacks of a portable sized table saw is the lack of outfeed support. Bosch has addressed this with the ability to add both a left side and rear support while keeping the saw portable and compact. The install of the guides is a little tricky, and you must make sure that each slide is aligned to get smooth operation of the extensions. Once on, the guides are smooth and compact when stored. They stick out a max of about 4”. They also have a simple setscrew on a knob to lock the slides in any position along its extension. I did run into a couple problems with them however. The rear C clip on the rear outfeed interferes with the mount of the left support if not orientated correctly. An easy fix is to simply rotate it, but this is an issue overlooked by Bosch. The other irritation for me is the lack of a C clip stop on one of the rods on the left outfeed when stored. The support on that side has the tendency to be pushed too far in when stored and bind. I plan to machine a groove to add a C clip to prevent this. Both issues can be seen in the following picture:

My main reason for the outfeed extensions was for the ability to cut full sheets of plywood on my own. My first cut was with ½” ply and the left out feed support was great and the rear support worked as expected. I then grabbed a 3/4” sheet and ran into some issues with the rear support. It didn’t have enough strength to support the sheet at full extension. The full sheet was just too heavy. I have since shortened the extension to 10” (down from the 16” at full extension) when cutting ¾” sheets and found although it didn’t give the much needed added length, it was much more solid when overload. For sheets in that 24”-32” width the rear support worked much better. The left extension handled the ¾” sheet with no problems. The real surprise for me was the benefit of the rear support for shorter pieces of material. The support acts as an extra hand and keeps the pieces very well supported. It also lets you concentrate on pushing the piece through the saw and on the blade and not on dropping the piece on the ground. So despite a few issues I highly recommend these Bosch table saw accessories and would give them a must have rating.

Bosch Table Saw Accessories: Bosch TS1007 Dado Insert

Of the other Bosch table saw accessories that I purchased, the dado insert looks as if it is going to be most helpful. I haven’t had the chance to actually use it yet but I can tell you it is well made and comes with the proper washer needed to get the full width of your dado blade set (to a max of 13/16”) It also has the same adjustable feet for a perfect fit and when you look at the bottom it is trussed better then the original insert. I never noticed it before, but it appears the dado insert I purchased has a cutout for the riving knife. I am not sure of the practicality of this, as I haven’t used it. The inserts pictured on amazon and the Bosch website doesn’t have the cutout. I have contacted Bosch but have not got a response to its purpose at the time of this review.

On build quality alone, this is a must have in my book.

Unfortunately the Bosch DC010 Digital Carriage Display was put on back order from Amazon.ca as I was hoping to include it in this review. As soon as it arrives I will include some feedback on it.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Excellent review Brad and a huge help for a guy that just bought a 4100! I really like how you went into detail on every accessory that they make for the saw.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Jason and Brad, What do you think about the 3/8″ screw feet on the stand. Our saw is on rough sites and in and out of the trailer and they don’t seem to hold up. I think if they were 1/2″ diameter bolts it would make a big difference. I know your saws will probably not move as much as ours(almost daily) but study that and see what you think.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I would upgrade that to a 3/8 grade 8 bolt if you can. I don’t think I will have the same issues but there is no reason a better bolt shouldn’t hold up.

Brad T

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

that’s not a bad idea Brad I will have to try to rig something up to replace the ones on ours that went bad

redwood
    Pro

Very nice Brad. I need to see if I can get a dust bag for my DeWalt, for those times which I don’t use a vac (which is pretty common).

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Although not a bosch Acc I wanted to put this in here, because it should be:

Home made router table insert

Brad T

Excellent review, Brad. Very detailed. Sounds like a great saw. The router insert came out nice.

Orange County, CA

Great review Brad! Some of these accessories definitely seem like no brainers for the saw – especially the extensions. I am curious if you think the digital carriage display is worth the cost in terms of its ability to save time and give you accurate #s

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I was able to get the digital display for $50 off of amazon.ca I see that it is considerably more on .com I think with the router insert it will be a nice addition as long as it holds it’s zero.

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh man, I’m so glad you did an accessory review on this saw including the stand with such great pics. I’m still trying to learn the differences between this and the 1031 and I’m now thinking I like this one much better. Mainly because I don’t think all of these options are available for the 1031, Are they? Does anyone know?? Thanks Brad, Great review

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Brad have you bought or made a zero clearance insert for your saw?

Also, that saw looks so damn good with that router insert.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

yup, I made a quick one out of ply wood. Now that I have the router table set up I will make a proper one.

Brad T

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Excellent, do you have any tips? I was thinking about just taking the existing insert tracing it and then letting the blade cut its own hole.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

that’s what I did. For the new one I will take a piece of MDF and double side tape it to the bosch insert and cut it out on the router table. Perfect fit. The just lift the blade to cut the slot.

I think it needs a couple notches on the bottom side to fit as well. I will post a picture of the quick one I made

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was able to get the digital display for $50 off of amazon.ca I see that it is considerably more on .com I think with the router insert it will be a nice addition as long as it holds it’s zero.

@thedude306 How do you like the digital display? Is it worth getting and how much are they? Oh and what is the model number of it if ya happen to remember it. thanks

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I actually never received it but it’s on my list of must haves. Amazon.ca wouldn’t ship after 3 months and I have never found one for a decent price (on sale) I am going to wait for the Christmas sales on amazon when you get $20 off bosch.

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dang that sucks, Would it help if I sent ya one?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@Dabbs That would be cool. I think that we need to make a deal for a swap. I still want a set of rails and the digital display. I just need my new boxx to show up from BTP with my new router!

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I just need my new boxx to show up from BTP with my new router!

How many routers does this make now? Bummer that you never got the display, but it’s a good thing that Boyd bumped this thread. I missed it the first time around.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.976 seconds