dcsimg

Bosch Starlock Oscillating System / OMT

This topic contains 223 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex madman_us 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 224 total)
  • Author

I just came across that new video from Bosch on youtube.
    I had the chance to test out the new system at WOC2016.
    I’m really impressed that the tool has so much power.

The tools now come with a new/upgraded motor.
    The 18V model even got a LED at the front.
    The new Starlock Plus OMT I used at WOC had a 6amp motor.
    The Starlock blades are tougher and transfer more of the motor’s energy to the tip of the blade because of the advanced design.

I really like that the blades just snap in.

Is anybody interested in the new system and what you guys think about it?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Profile photo of William
    The_Grizz
    Pro
    Rome, GA

I’m now a little pissed that I just bought the brushless 18v MT. So there’s that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What’s the price on the blades . I’m not happy with buying into a new system for locking blades . The problem with the omt is blade cost .

Always willing to learn .

What’s the price on the blades . I’m not happy with buying into a new system for locking blades . The problem with the omt is blade cost .

The standard StarLock Blades will work with older OMT’s with the OIS interface.
    I have no clue yet how much they blades gonna cost.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

bosch had them at the last big trade show. im pretty sure the price point is staying the exact same on the blades atleast thats what they stated in a video i saw via concord carpener and toolbox buzz

bosch had them at the last big trade show. im pretty sure the price point is staying the exact same on the blades atleast thats what they stated in a video i saw via concord carpener and toolbox buzz

If the blades stay along the same price point then they will do well selling this new unit .

Always willing to learn .

Profile photo of Brian
    brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

What is the advantage of a 6 amp over the current 3 amp? I mean it’s obviously more power, but I’ve never felt my 3 amp was underpowered at all.

I’m curious if the Starlock OMTs will work with the old OIS blades or if an adapter will be provided to allow them to mount the old OIS blades.

Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

it does show quicker blade changes, but i haven’t had problems with the current blade change timing.

Profile photo of Frank
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Is anybody interested in the new system and what you guys think about it?

I think for someone like myself that is looking to own an OMT eventually it’s a good thing. I can see how some current owners can be a bit ticked at the fact they just buy one and the design in blade changes. Will an adapter be needed to use the new blades on the older model?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Profile photo of Brian
    brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

That hook blade for cutting shingles looks sweet! Is that blade available currently in the old style?

Profile photo of Christopher
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I could see this 6amp OMT being very useful. I used my 18v Bosch OMT for smaller tasks and would switch to the corded FEIN for larger caulking tasks. Cordless is handy but when my stage partner beside me is flying through his caulking and I’m only half done with my cordless, I have to switch to what is offering better productivity. This new Bosch OMT will be nice to try out.

A Working Pro since 2004

Profile photo of Jon
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

What is the advantage of a 6 amp over the current 3 amp? I mean it’s obviously more power, but I’ve never felt my 3 amp was underpowered at all.

it does show quicker blade changes, but i haven’t had problems with the current blade change timing.

Agreed. I really like my 3A OMT…never felt like it wasn’t up to the task. I’ll suspend judgment until I can get my hands on one of the new OMTs, but currently I’m not seeing myself upgrading.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I’m curious if the Starlock OMTs will work with the old OIS blades or if an adapter will be provided to allow them to mount the old OIS blades.

Exactly what I was thinking about. But I didnt find any information yet.

@58chev
    you can use the new Starlock blades on older models with OIS interface.
    But not the Starlock plus & Starlock Max.

@brianpeters
    Its one of the new Starlock blades but you can use the hook blade on older OMT’s as well. It has the Starlock and OIS interface
    https://www.boschtools.com/us/media/central-media-pool/specials/starlock/p_osl138k.jpg

@utopia78
    Looks like you are in the market for a new OMT to keep up with your stage partner 😛
    The new starlock OMT’s will do a good job for you.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Does anyone know if the sanding backing pad will work with the 18v or 3A OMTs? I have been having a very hard time finding that part for the last generation

My old 2.5A one’s pad does not work with the 18v now

Does anyone know if the sanding backing pad will work with the 18v or 3A OMTs? I have been having a very hard time finding that part for the last generation

@montreal_medic hey eric
    are you asking about the starlock sanding pads? If they gonna work on the 18V or 3A OMT’s ?!
    Yes they will fit on them. because the regular starlock include the OIS interface.

I guess thats the pad you are looking for right?!
    Description: Delta sanding pad allows sanding sheets to attach to Bosh MX25E and PS50
    Benefits: For use with Bosch MX25 and PS50 tools along with brands that use the Bosch OIS™ system hook and loop, six holes

but it also says:
    Used on Model No.: MX25E, MX30E, MXH180 and PS50

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/multi-tool-adapters-and-other-accessories-sdp001-34590-p/

I can also check my MX30E kit, to see which pad is in there.
    But I believe its a different one.

show a picture of your pad from the 2.5A OMT

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

@montreal_medic hey eric
    are you asking about the starlock sanding pads? If they gonna work on the 18V or 3A OMT’s ?!
    Yes they will fit on them. because the regular starlock include the OIS interface.

I guess thats the pad you are looking for right?!
    Description: Delta sanding pad allows sanding sheets to attach to Bosh MX25E and PS50
    Benefits: For use with Bosch MX25 and PS50 tools along with brands that use the Bosch OIS™ system hook and loop, six holes

but it also says:
    Used on Model No.: MX25E, MX30E, MXH180 and PS50

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/multi-tool-adapters-and-other-accessories-sdp001-34590-p/

I can also check my MX30E kit, to see which pad is in there.
    But I believe its a different one.

show a picture of your pad from the 2.5A OMT

Will take the pic later, but the one for my 2.5 does not fit on the 18v. The local bosch service center confirmed to me that a different model is needed, and even ordered me one, but the order never came in.

All my blades work on both OMTs, but the sanding pad does not. Made me wonder if Starlock would keep that trend by adding a 3rd that doesnt fit everything, or if it would put usable pads back in stock and order-able

Profile photo of Jie
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I remember you were looking for the pad a while ago. If you can’t find a Bosch one you can always go for one of the universal fit, I know mastercrap pad will fit 3.0.

Alternatively I wonder if you could add a thin washer to the other side of the 2.5 pad so the pawl on 3.0 has something to grip.

Will take the pic later, but the one for my 2.5 does not fit on the 18v. The local bosch service center confirmed to me that a different model is needed, and even ordered me one, but the order never came in.

All my blades work on both OMTs, but the sanding pad does not. Made me wonder if Starlock would keep that trend by adding a 3rd that doesnt fit everything, or if it would put usable pads back in stock and order-able

thats what I think
    the 2608000492 is for the MX30E and MXH180
    https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/multi-tool-adapters-and-other-accessories-2608000492-35307-p/
    and
    the SDP001 is for MX25E and PS50

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Profile photo of Christopher
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

The hand units are a little under powered for exterior caulking removal. I did try it out and it was much more efficient with a corded version. Maybe the 6amp will be able to compete a little better.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 224 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.310 seconds