dcsimg

Bosch Speedcore Bits

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    RyanF
    Pro

I seem to be pushing the RHH181 to the limits recently.

Here’ s a hole using the 13″ extension and 2 9/16″ speedcore bit. The poured wall and solid stone are a combined 13″ thick.

Cordless tools have come a long way, eh?

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s brushless technology for ya.

Here’ s a hole using the 13″ extension and 2 9/16″ speedcore bit. The poured wall and solid stone are a combined 13″ thick.

Wow. Did it go through the batteries fast, did you start with a fully charged battery, and how long would you say it could last.

@utopia78
    check this out, I think you are saving for this

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Wow, that is pretty impressive. How long did it take to drill a hole like that?

A Working Pro since 2004

Never mind, guess we were typing at the same time 🙂

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Never mind, guess we were typing at the same time :)

Thanks for the tag anyhow! This is some great stuff. Putting the RHH181 to the test.

A Working Pro since 2004

RyanF
    Pro

Wow. Did it go through the batteries fast, did you start with a fully charged battery, and how long would you say it could last.

@utopia78 check this out, I think you are saving for this

Yeah, it’s going to take a battery or two for this application;)

I started with 4 batteries. A 5.0, 4.0, and two 2.6s. I drilled for a bit, then swapped out for another etc. through all four. Then repeated that pattern until the batteries were all drained. That made it a little easier on them and kept them a little cooler.

I went through that cycle twice. So two full charges for all four of them. Still not bad.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Yeah, it’s going to take a battery or two for this application;)

I started with 4 batteries. A 5.0, 4.0, and two 2.6s. I drilled for a bit, then swapped out for another etc. through all four. Then repeated that pattern until the batteries were all drained. That made it a little easier on them and kept them a little cooler.

I went through that cycle twice. So two full charges for all four of them. Still not bad.

Good strategy on swapping batteries to keep them cool. How long would you estimate it took to go through the 13″?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I am really curious how long it took to go through all that, compared to say a corded one.

<P>Yeah, it’s going to take a battery or two for this application;)</P>
    <P>I started with 4 batteries. A 5.0, 4.0, and two 2.6s. I drilled for a bit, then swapped out for another etc. through all four. Then repeated that pattern until the batteries were all drained. That made it a little easier on them and kept them a little cooler.</P>
    <P>I went through that cycle twice. So two full charges for all four of them. Still not bad.</P>

<P>Good strategy on swapping batteries to keep them cool. How long would you estimate it took to go through the 13″?</P>

Yes you are right good strategy, they hate being overheated.

@RyanF
    what was the whole for, I dont recall reading, some type of wire housing,

sergey061478
    Blocked

Oh, it took several batteries?

RyanF
    Pro

<P>I started with 4 batteries. A 5.0, 4.0, and two 2.6s. I drilled for a bit, then swapped out for another etc. through all four. Then repeated that pattern until the batteries were all drained. That made it a little easier on them and kept them a little cooler.</P>
    <P>I went through that cycle twice. So two full charges for all four of them. Still not bad.</P>

<P>Good strategy on swapping batteries to keep them cool. How long would you estimate it took to go through the 13″?</P>

@RyanF what was the whole for, I dont recall reading, some type of wire housing,

The hole is for 1 1/2″ conduit from a new subpanel mounted out of the picture above it.

Hard to say how long the actual drilling process was. I’d guess it was in the neighborhood of 4-5 minutes per inch.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Really impressive for a cordless to drill through 13″ of cement and stone.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@RyanF what was the whole for, I dont recall reading, some type of wire housing,

The hole is for 1 1/2″ conduit from a new subpanel mounted out of the picture above it.

Hard to say how long the actual drilling process was. I’d guess it was in the neighborhood of 4-5 minutes per inch.

Thats still pretty slow. It’s great that the drill Can do it, but your time would have been better spent using a larger drill.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

This is where a coring machine comes in handy.

Jummul
    Pro

You pushed it through 4 batteries? Dang that’s impressive. Did you cool the bit during drilling, or took breaks?

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

How long you took for drilling that hole ?

sergey061478
    Blocked

did the drill feel hot after you were done? did it slow down during drilling?

monman1
    Pro

All i have to say is this.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

That is a pretty impressive hole for a cordless. I never would have thought to swap the packs out and rotate through them until they needed charged. I probably would have just gone until it slowed way down, but what you did makes perfect sense.

Orange County, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.329 seconds