dcsimg

Bosch SDS-Plus HS1470 Xtreme Viper Chisel 3/4 In. x 10 In Quick Review

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’ve been using the Bosch SDS-Plus Viper Chisel for quite awhile now and figured I could do a review on it. Actually, all the SDS-Plus bit by Bosch are super high end and are more than reliable!!

From the Viper Chisels I have given out, only great reviews have come back on the quality of the bit and it’s ability to not round out like other cheaper made bits. It does appear as the groove in the bit does provide the sharpening as advertised. Not once have I had to sharpen these Viper Chisel bits with a metal grinder. The quality and design makes these a no brainer when I am doing masonry removal and even smaller concrete chiseling.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS15r16jAgX/?taken-by=hardworkcanada&hl=en

I’ll always grab the Viper Xtreme Chisel before competitive brands but also enjoy the quality of Hilti bits.

Couple videos on how the bit performs……These Bosch Xtreme bits are a great investment for the price, quality and performance!!
    Features include, anti jam design and boasts 15% more material removal by design.

GOPRO FIRST PERSON of the Bosch XTREME VIPER CHISEL

I know they were made in Italy before….. Is this still the case @bethepro?

Some of the videos don’t appear full screen. For the best view navigate your browser to https://www.instagram.com/hardworkcanada/?hl=en and get a full view.

A Working Pro since 2004

Hey

I’ve been using the Bosch SDS-Plus Viper Chisel for quite awhile now and figured I could do a review on it. Actually, all the SDS-Plus bit by Bosch are super high end and are more than reliable!!

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe class=”instagram-media instagram-media-rendered” id=”instagram-embed-0″ src=”https://www.instagram.com/p/BTE_MKMjI4p/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=7#%7B%22ci%22%3A0%2C%22os%22%3A3253.1000000000004%7D” allowtransparency=”true” frameborder=”0″ height=”715″ data-instgrm-payload-id=”instagram-media-payload-0″ scrolling=”no” style=”background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); margin: 1px 1px 12px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% – 2px); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; box-shadow: none; display: block; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” defer=”” src=”//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js”></script>
    </figure>
    From the Viper Chisels I have given out, only great reviews have come back on the quality of the bit and it’s ability to not round out like other cheaper made bits. It does appear as the groove in the bit does provide the sharpening as advertised. Not once have I had to sharpen these Viper Chisel bits with a metal grinder. The quality and design makes these a no brainer when I am doing masonry removal and even smaller concrete chiseling.

<iframe class=”instagram-media instagram-media-rendered” id=”instagram-embed-1″ src=”https://www.instagram.com/p/BS15r16jAgX/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=7#%7B%22ci%22%3A1%2C%22os%22%3A3256.5%7D” allowtransparency=”true” frameborder=”0″ height=”835″ data-instgrm-payload-id=”instagram-media-payload-1″ scrolling=”no” style=”background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); margin: 1px 1px 12px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% – 2px); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; box-shadow: none; display: block; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” defer=”” src=”//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js”></script>
    </figure>
    I’ll always grab the Viper Xtreme Chisel before competitive brands but also enjoy the quality of Hilti bits.

Couple videos on how the bit performs……These Bosch Xtreme bits are a great investment for the price, quality and performance!!

<iframe class=”instagram-media instagram-media-rendered” id=”instagram-embed-2″ src=”https://www.instagram.com/p/BS04I1PjhGf/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=7#%7B%22ci%22%3A2%2C%22os%22%3A3259.0000000000005%7D” allowtransparency=”true” frameborder=”0″ height=”615″ data-instgrm-payload-id=”instagram-media-payload-2″ scrolling=”no” style=”background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); margin: 1px 1px 12px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% – 2px); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; box-shadow: none; display: block; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    </figure>
    GOPRO FIRST PERSON of the Bosch XTREME VIPER CHISEL

<iframe class=”instagram-media instagram-media-rendered” id=”instagram-embed-3″ src=”https://www.instagram.com/p/BQuCI5AD9H0/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=7#%7B%22ci%22%3A3%2C%22os%22%3A5471.8%7D” allowtransparency=”true” frameborder=”0″ height=”815″ data-instgrm-payload-id=”instagram-media-payload-3″ scrolling=”no” style=”background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); margin: 1px 1px 12px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% – 2px); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; box-shadow: none; display: block; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    </figure>
    I know they were made in Italy before….. Is this still the case @bethepro?

Some of the videos don’t appear full screen. For the best view navigate your browser to https://www.instagram.com/hardworkcanada/?hl=en and get a full view.

Hey Chris, very good info for a quick review, thanks.
    I deal with masonry almost everyday, pretty much light chiseling, removing some tiles, and bricks to install some parapet caps and flashings.
    Being honestly with you about drill bits and chisels’ quality, I’ve gotta say…I have never seen bits or chisels better than Hilti(my personal experience), it’s way expensive than all others but you pay what you get, awesome quality!
    After reading this, I would like to try those Bosch for sure.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@bbernardesjr87 I must admit that I’ve been impressed by Bosch bits for chipping applications, I would seriously give them a shot! Price and quality are right on par!

A Working Pro since 2004

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Great review! The chisels I’ve got for my sds are just about shot, I’ll definitely be giving the viper chisels a shot next.

For the amount I use them I’m sure I’ll be impressed.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Nice review Chris. Sound like some great bits. Thanks for the info.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Very nice quick review chris – I should add those soon for my new GBH18V-26, the new 18V bulldog. thanks for taking the time.
    When you get a chance, could you please post the product numbers 😛 @utopia78

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@madman_us updated with the model number HS1470 anti-jam and boasts 15% more material removal by design

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Self sharpening bits and chisels. Did not know that Bosch had a line of SDS bits with that feature. Thank you for the review Chris.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

updated with the model number HS1470 anti-jam and boasts 15% more material removal by design

Thanks chris, much appreciated. with the product number it will also be easier to find via google and other search engines.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

updated with the model number HS1470 anti-jam and boasts 15% more material removal by design

Thank you for the update. All of my future SDS bits will be Viper if available.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.568 seconds