dcsimg

Bosch router table

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Anyone using the Bosch RA1181 Benchtop Router Table? Anything you don’t like about it?

Thought about trading in some piggies for it and the MRC23EVSK router.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i cant remember who but someone here traded in their points for one.

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I personally prefer larger table top. As long as the each half of the fence is independently adjustable you should be to do most anything with it.

You may look at the other Bosch table as it’s closed in and would contain the dust better.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I thought Pat, @DesertDeuces, and Jason, @MKE_Voltage, had picked one up and perhaps John, @supimeister, also.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow that’s a nice table for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

ProTom
    Pro
    Bear Lake, MI

That table looks pretty sweet. I hope someone with this table chimes in on what they like/dislike about it.

Always learning, and some teaching along the way.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I personally prefer larger table top. As long as the each half of the fence is independently adjustable you should be to do most anything with it.

You may look at the other Bosch table as it’s closed in and would contain the dust better.

I like a larger table to. If I need to do big stuff I always go to the cabinet shop. Thought this size would work good for home tinkering. And if I found it not to my liking I could take the router plate and and other parts off and put it into a larger table.

I looked at the RA1171 table at blowes. And it is a little smaller than the RA1181 table.

Ron

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I could take the router plate and and other parts off and put it into a larger table.

I like that idea (lots of good ideas this morning!) I think that it would be pretty small for a lot of things but for smaller jobs it looks pretty sweet.

I am still loving my MRC23, that’s a nice redemption.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I like a larger table to. If I need to do big stuff I always go to the cabinet shop. Thought this size would work good for home tinkering. And if I found it not to my liking I could take the router plate and and other parts off and put it into a larger table.

I looked at the RA1171 table at blowes. And it is a little smaller than the RA1181 table.

Sorry, I didn’t realize the 1171 was smaller! I looked at both before I bought the Rockler version.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Lon got it right with those who have one. I think that Jason posted the most of his use of the table on here. DD didn’t mention using it I don’t think. I can’t seem to find the thread though.

I’m down with the idea of breaking it down and putting it in a bigger table as well. It’s a pretty sweet idea.

I have a small router table and honestly it works fine for me for 90% of what I need to do – I know Bosch makes another model which is almost exactly like the one I have made by Bench Dog. You can flip the fence around for times when you need a bit more table. I have run 8 foot long pieces of 8/4 making my own crown molding, have done an entire kitchen and bathroom raised panels and a host of other furniture and joinery projects and the size is adequate – especially if you use feather-boards to hold the stock down at the cutter. For space, it cannot be beat – a router table is not something I use every day so for me, being able to store it is a must. If I had space, then I would make one that is larger and permanently set up, but in my current shop that is not a reality. I think it is a very versatile table for its size and it has a lot of good features, IMHO.

Orange County, CA

staker
    Pro

The best one I have seen and used is the one from Lee Valley a bit pricey.

@RonW, if you pick one up, I believe a lot of us would like to hear what you think of it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was going to get one of those a long time ago, I still kinda want one but since getting a table saw I’m better off doing what Brad did. I just haven’t done it yet. I’d rather make one in the saw for the space saving thing

We have the older version of that table. The fence on that model looks nicer than ours. For what I use a router table for it has worked great. We use a 1617 in it. We put ours on homemade cabinet on a mobile base.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

KenW
    Pro

I have used one close to that. Worked pretty good. Does this one have the vacuum attachment?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I still like this one as well. It’s a nice design that can be moved out of the way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah I like that one too, That’s the first time I’ve seen it. He needs to refine the fence a bit with some shims but at this point it’d be easy, Nice DC system too. That guy seems to be pretty good at what he does

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

About talked myself into making one instead. Going to go look at a couple today. Maybe that will help me make up my mind.

Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

For the piggy value I think I’d lean toward the one on the list, French cleat it to the wall somehow if need be and yer done LOL.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 288 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.878 seconds