dcsimg

Bosch Remastered

Tagged: 

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I have a host of Festool refurbed tools and all have held up. While I don’t have any Bosch refurbs, I would think Bosch refurbs to be just as good. They’re both reputable companies in my mind that make above average tools.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@theamcguy this was before I knew all about provantage stuff and I payed like 15$less then new so wasn’t much diffrent.that was my first purchase from bosch but I know all about it now won’t buy refurbished anymore unless I save more then 25%

Doobie

won’t buy refurbished anymore unless I save more then 25%

That’s kinda my range for a refurb decision. Much less isn’t worth it to me typically and be foresaking normal warranties.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That’s kinda my range for a refurb decision. Much less isn’t worth it to me typically and be foresaking normal warranties.

That’s about the price point where I like to be. I’d still think about it unless it is something that I’ve wanted for a while like the festool domino lol.

Doobie

That’s about the price point where I like to be. I’d still think about it unless it is something that I’ve wanted for a while like the festool domino lol.

I haven’t caught wind of any Canadian Festool dealers offering refurb discounts in a long long time. I bought some of my Festool refurbs thru Ultimate tools back in 09-10.

As far as I know, they don’t do a refurb sale like the do in the US. Here it is done thru each dealer as they wish.

I have bought referb. tools in the past and had great luck. At that time the difference in price was huge. If the prices are close I would go new hands down

I have found recon tool prices on CPO to be about 2/3rds of new sometimes more. With a $20 off coupon the price really gets good. I have great luck with them never have one go south and they have arrived looking brand new.

Thats where many of my makitia tools came from. Figure they were better than new because each one was individually looked at

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thats where many of my makitia tools came from. Figure they were better than new because each one was individually looked at

That is why I also like Refurbished tools, each tool is individually tested before packaging. I really dislike getting a new tool taking it out of the package and having it not work properly or worse yet not at all. The responsibility then shifts to me to get it fixed. If I bought it from a brick and mortar store it takes another trip and time to get a replacement if it was mail order it can take 5-10 working days to get a replacement or get it repaired.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

well it is true hilti is doing pretty good with their online sales, i mean heck i just bought a new grinder from them last week.

If I had to just shop at one place for my equipment i would think I’m paying more for them . Oh yeah that’s awesome .

Refurbished tools always carry a 1 year warranty. Bosch specifies that refurbished tools do not qualify for the ProVantage program.

I feel one year warranty’s are just to make you feel better . The companies know what the lifespan is . Refurbished tools seem great but in my opionon they need to be really discounted For me to buy .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie

Refurbished tools seem great but in my opionon they need to be really discounted For me to buy .

Same here. For the lesser warranties with refurbs and the risk it wasn’t maybe refurbed up to snuff, I need at least 25% or more, depending what it is.

I also evaluate whether it is an item I may be able to snag new at a discouted sale price as well.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I feel one year warranty’s are just to make you feel better . The companies know what the lifespan is . Refurbished tools seem great but in my opionon they need to be really discounted For me to buy .

To me Refurbished is a fancy word for used and fixed. For that kind of tool that has 0 value then fixed I don’t want to pay a lot for it. But some will say well it wasn’t used , just bought and returned. No that’s used too. Just like a car drive it off the lot and it’s uased and worth thousands less. JMHO

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

To me Refurbished is a fancy word for used and fixed. For that kind of tool that has 0 value then fixed I don’t want to pay a lot for it. But some will say well it wasn’t used , just bought and returned. No that’s used too. Just like a car drive it off the lot and it’s uased and worth thousands less. JMHO

Exactly and I have bought used tools before but they were at a very hefty discount.
    I wonder the amount of refurbished tools how long they were in service for and how many of them were broken.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In lot of cases refurbished is only like %12 off from the original price ain’t that much diffrent but sometimes cpo outlet do make a clear out refurbished sale which is more like 30% to %40 off depends on the tool or if tool is discontinued then you have no other option I wanna try to find new vs1640 fine cut tool with led for cutting door jambs I have one without led Im Def on the lookout for one with miter table which can be very good for simple trim job I wish bosch makes 7 1/4 inch glide mitersaw with 2 18v battery so easy to carry around. Current miters 5312 sliding cm10gd gliding 🙂

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

I have many reconditioned tools. Unless it is a big ticket item, I don’t deal with warranties. If it breaks I either take it back if I can or fix it if I want to. Warranties are a big waste of time for me. I loose more time/money trying to get it returned or fixed than just buying a new or new to me tool.

I also have a list of things I want and/or need. When I have an extra buck or two I set my budget. If the new tool is out of the budget and the reconditioned is not…. reconditioned it is. I usually wait for those good sales though.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

clear out refurbished sale which is more like 30% to %40 off depends on the tool

At 30 to 40% off I could see getting into a junk tool that has been fixed.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

clear out refurbished sale which is more like 30% to %40 off depends on the tool

At 30 to 40% off I could see getting into a junk tool that has been fixed.

I have a bought over the years many recon tools. Mostly DeWalt but a few Bosch as well. If is a tool that I will use occasionally like a right angle drill and it is 30% off then why not? A constant use tool like an impact I’ll get new.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

For me, you pretty well summed it up. I must say though, I bought a bunch of refurb Festool years ago and other than one systainer that had a dinged corner and a router bottom plate that had a few scratches on it, you never would have known they weren’t new otherwise.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

it depends too, i’ve seen the refurbed vertias hand planers and i wouldn’t hesitate to buy one of those, they are of amazing quality. However a refurbed ryobi, i’d think twice on that unless the discount was like 80 percent

Bosch’s prices are higher than CPO’s.
    Refurbished tools always carry a 1 year warranty.

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.400 seconds