dcsimg

Bosch Remastered

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Wondering what is going on with Bosch Remastered?
    http://www.coptool.com/bosch-tools-to-sell-direct-cutting-out-retail/

I looked up some price comparison and going to Bosch directly is more expensive. Will Bosch now dictate their price like Festool?

I usually have no problem buying reconditioned tools because I have had great luck with them. However if an apples to apples comparison is made and the product is equal in every way other than price, 95% of the time I will go with the cheaper distributor.

Just be nosey. Lol

That’s too bad. I’ve gotten some amazing deals on refurb Bosch gear from CPO and from various eBay sellers.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The referb’s where brought up a little while ago and I also thought that their prices were a bit on the high side. I’m sure they would be “just like new”.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

well it is true hilti is doing pretty good with their online sales, i mean heck i just bought a new grinder from them last week.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Direct sales…no thanks.

There is ONE Hilti store “near” me, and it’s over an hour away. I’d hate to see the availability of Bosch products fall to that level.

Selling refurbished tools is a great idea though!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Direct sales…no thanks.

There is ONE Hilti store “near” me, and it’s over an hour away. I’d hate to see the availability of Bosch products fall to that level.

Selling refurbished tools is a great idea though!

bosch doesn’t really have good big box store availability in Canada anyways, they have some stuff at lowes and only really one store has more which is Rona. Every store is flush full of product from yellow, red, and teal plus store brand. Maybe they can’t compete in store, at lowes most of the clearance rack was full of just bosch stuff.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The referb’s where brought up a little while ago and I also thought that their prices were a bit on the high side. I’m sure they would be “just like new”.

You’re right Bosch’s prices are higher than CPO’s Hopefully CPO will continue to carry Bosch refurbished tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

We don’t have CPO up here in Canada, so it doesn’t matter to me as I don’t know of any refurbs being sold up here from Bosch.

I have on occasion bought refurbs. Depends what tool and which brand.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Refurbished tool is okey in some cases bt not all I believe I burned a idh181 in year and cpooutlets tells me it’s out of warranty it was 13 months old anyway they tell me 3 year warranty doesn’t apply to refurbished tools I’m like cpo said full warranty on there website.they like yeah but not the provantage I’m like okey I see what you did there. Buy a another one from cpo again did my hokus pocus and send one of the idh181 for exchange 🙂 Don’t try to trick the wise man and I suspend lot of money on cpo they should of honer there costumer but they didnt.bosch being only seller is gonna make them sell less tools.I’m sure of that cpo outlets advertises if I see there advertise on lot of pages.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Refurbished tools always carry a 1 year warranty. Bosch specifies that refurbished tools do not qualify for the ProVantage program.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Refurbished tools always carry a 1 year warranty. Bosch specifies that refurbished tools do not qualify for the ProVantage program.

Which makes sense with the prices they charge on what is a refurb. Otherwise, I don’t think many people would risk it if the warranty was just a few months.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I think the refurbished is an attempt to clear out inventory. Milwaukee has a big refurbished section on their website also. I think seling the refurbs direct makes them a little more attractive knowing they were refurbed by Bosch rather than a service dept at a retailer.

I have never bought much for rrefurbed tools but do buy online ocasionally. The inventory they cary in refurbished tools has to be a drag on profits so I say any way to move them. I have to believe that they will be price sensitive to the retailers selling them also. Undercutting them would be cutting off their nose in spite of their face.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i don’t mind buying refurbished tools IF they were refurbed by the original company and not some local repair depot.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

However if an apples to apples comparison is made and the product is equal in every way other than price, 95% of the time I will go with the cheaper distributor.

Great point! Looking at the prices I would go with a new tool before paying that much for a use tool.

I have bought referb. tools in the past and had great luck. At that time the difference in price was huge. If the prices are close I would go new hands down

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have bought referb. tools in the past and had great luck. At that time the difference in price was huge. If the prices are close I would go new hands down

I have found recon tool prices on CPO to be about 2/3rds of new sometimes more. With a $20 off coupon the price really gets good. I have great luck with them never have one go south and they have arrived looking brand new.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

To me a referb tool tells me they have had problems with that tool. It even makes me think twice about buying the new tool when I see referbs of it for sale.

@roninohio

Believe it or not, sometimes refurbs are basically tools that people “rent” through big boxes for one job and return. Apparently they need to be sent back and classified as “refurbished” (New packaging, inspection) since they can’t be sold as new.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Believe it or not, sometimes refurbs are basically tools that people “rent” through big boxes for one job and return. Apparently they need to be sent back and classified as “refurbished” (New packaging, inspection) since they can’t be sold as new.

Exactly, or warranty returns. The customer buys the tool, it doesn’t work so they return it. I have great luck with refurbished tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@roninohio

So it goes from a return to a almost full price tool?? I don’t think so. We don’t get any refurbished-used tools over here.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.371 seconds