dcsimg

Bosch Random Orbit Sander – ROS65VC Video Review

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

woodman_412 if you could only buy one sander (right now) and already had another 5″ sander would you buy the ROS65VC or the 1250DEVS?

Thanks in advance

Good question Will. It’s hard to say for sure since I haven’t tried the 1250DEVS but I’ll give you an answer based on what I know. I would go for the ROS65VC based on the type of work I do which is mostly cabinets and custom woodwork that requires a finer finish. The biggest reason I would go with the ROS65VC is the vibration control. If you’re going to do a lot of sanding then it really does make a big difference in comfort and like I mentioned in my video safety too. The dual mode in the 1250DEVS intrigues me especially for fast stock removal but since the vast majority of the time I’m not looking to hog off material(and I have a belt sander for that) I would go with the ROS65VC for the refinement and comfort as well as two pad size options. Having said all of that if your work requires a lot of fast stock removal and you don’t use a sander for long periods then the 1250DEVS might be the best option. For me though it would be ROS65VC hands down. Hope that helps.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

Great review Dan!👍

I mean, really great! 👍👌👍

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

woodman_412 if you could only buy one sander (right now) and already had another 5″ sander would you buy the ROS65VC or the 1250DEVS?

Thanks in advance

Good question Will. It’s hard to say for sure since I haven’t tried the 1250DEVS but I’ll give you an answer based on what I know. I would go for the ROS65VC based on the type of work I do which is mostly cabinets and custom woodwork that requires a finer finish. The biggest reason I would go with the ROS65VC is the vibration control. If you’re going to do a lot of sanding then it really does make a big difference in comfort and like I mentioned in my video safety too. The dual mode in the 1250DEVS intrigues me especially for fast stock removal but since the vast majority of the time I’m not looking to hog off material(and I have a belt sander for that) I would go with the ROS65VC for the refinement and comfort as well as two pad size options. Having said all of that if your work requires a lot of fast stock removal and you don’t use a sander for long periods then the 1250DEVS might be the best option. For me though it would be ROS65VC hands down. Hope that helps.

It really depends on what you need it for, how long you intend to use it each session. I got the 1250devs because i wanted the fast stock removal but it is lacking the vibration control. I have the 1/2 sander and love the vibration control that is on that. If you need fast stock removal then get the 1250devs, if you are using it primarily as a finish sander then get the ros65vc.

woodman_412

Great review Dan!👍

I mean, really great! 👍👌👍

Thanks Kevin!

It’s always enjoyable reviewing a product that just works great in every way. It’s nice not having to be negative about anything.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is my latest review on the Bosch random orbit sander ROS65VC

Really enjoyed the review video Dan. Nice work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.392 seconds