dcsimg

Bosch Random Orbit Sander – ROS65VC Video Review

This topic contains 24 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author

woodman_412

Here is my latest review on the Bosch random orbit sander ROS65VC. It is by far my favorite random orbit sander that I’ve used and has some really great features, my favorite being the vibration control. I know a lot of you guys have this sander as well so what are your thoughts on it? Have you found it to be as good as I have?

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Another great review Dan…I’m saving my points to redeem for this sander right now! Hoping to have it in my hands in the next couple weeks!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Dan, great review of the ROS65VC sander. I have had my eye on it and when the time comes I’ll certainly get one.
    I like that you are hinting and throwing in links to other videos. I’m sure that will garner more views.
    Again great job.

EDIT::
    13 ft power cord has to be one of the longest out there.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Man you keep out doing yourself on each review video Dan . You will sell a lot of guys on buying that unit who never thought about it . Seems very solid and well designed.

Always willing to learn .

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Another fantastic review Dan. It does make me want one now.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Nice tool, nice video, nice review. Thanks for your input on it Dan.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Amazing video and review @woodman_412, some really well put together info there! As I’m in concrete this unit is not at the top of my list but still on my list for sure.

A Working Pro since 2004

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

awesome review dan. I really enjoy that sander too.

EDIT::
    13 ft power cord has to be one of the longest out there.

I haven’t seen anything longer yet 😀
    the MX30EK has a 13 ft cord as well (Multi-X 3.0 Amp Oscillating Tool)

the OS50VC has the same body as the ROS65VC but they cut the cord shorter. I believe its only 8 ft long on that one

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

great review dan, it truly is a amazing sander.. did you buy yours or use points. did yours come with the 5″ pad

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Great review Dan. Make sure to post it to the BTP FB page. It was picked up this morning in Bosch Tools Twitter feed.

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

woodman_412

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

great review dan, it truly is a amazing sander.. did you buy yours or use points. did yours come with the 5″ pad

Thanks Jeff. I used points to get mine back when it came with an L3 and both pad sizes. Having both pad sizes is definitely worth it.

Great review Dan. Make sure to post it to the BTP FB page. It was picked up this morning in Bosch Tools Twitter feed.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I’ll get it posted up on the BTP FB page now. Thanks for sharing it on Twitter, that always helps in getting it out there to more people.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

@woodman_412 i picked up the sander a little over a year ago from the list but didnt come with a lboxx or the 5″ pad.. might have to get after jim to see if he can hook me up with the pad

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Nice, not going to watch it yet, saving it for treadmill.

woodman_412

woodman_412 i picked up the sander a little over a year ago from the list but didnt come with a lboxx or the 5″ pad.. might have to get after jim to see if he can hook me up with the pad

I find that I definitely use the 6″ pad the most since it covers the most area the quickest but I do use the 5″ pad when I’m sanding something smaller. Also like I mentioned in the video sometimes the 5″ discs are easier to come across so if you’re working somewhere that only has 5″ available locally it’s nice to have that option.

Nice, not going to watch it yet, saving it for treadmill.

lol glad to know that I can provide some entertainment for treadmill time 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I am definitely going to get myself one of these for sure, great review dan.

Excellent review. Cover all the important details, and considering you have used it for that long adds credibility to the review. Thanks Dan

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@woodman_412 another great video review, I have the smaller sander, but after seeing your information about this one, got me thinking.
    I think your gonna need some Bosch shirts to start wearing Dan.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@woodman_412, yours must have come with the L-box since you have both size sanding pads…what does the insert look like? Is there ample room for disc storage in the box. I’m likely only getting the 5″ pad, so I’d be making my own insert.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

woodman_412

I think your gonna need some Bosch shirts to start wearing Dan.

I think if I was wearing a Bosch shirt my review might not come across very unbiased though…although if Bosch wanted to pay me to make Bosch product videos I would be cool with that 🙂

woodman_412, yours must have come with the L-box since you have both size sanding pads…what does the insert look like? Is there ample room for disc storage in the box. I’m likely only getting the 5″ pad, so I’d be making my own insert.

Yeah mine did come with an L3 and both pads Jon. Here’s a pic of the inside of it although it’s not a great shot since it’s not looking straight down. There is a decent amount of space for discs in there although it isn’t the most space efficient setup since there is a lot of insert in there. It does a good job of keeping everything in place though.

Dan

danpattison.com

@woodman_412 if you could only buy one sander (right now) and already had another 5″ sander would you buy the ROS65VC or the 1250DEVS?

Thanks in advance

Will

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.912 seconds