dcsimg

Bosch PS42 is on its way.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 329 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

It has all but retired my PS41 (I use the big IDH182 when I need more torque than the driver can deliver) and I havent used my PS31 in a LONG time (18v drills, eggbeater manual drills, and a bit and brace all get used when drilling, and the PS22 does the driving)

My 4
    PS41 gets a lot of use, my go to unless I need 18V power of my Fuel.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Yeah the PS22’s short head length is really nice for getting into awkward places. It’d be nice if Bosch made a refresh of the PS10 driver or made some kind of impact driver version of it since it’d have better control in driving like the Ridgid Jobmax 12V with the impact head.

Looks like the PS42 also had a status update on Amazon as “temporarily unavaliable.” I’m assuming we’re closing on the time where they’ll start to ship out. I’m kind of debating myself if I want 2 more batteries (Too bad they’re the 2ah batteries and not the newer 2.5ah ones) with it when I got so many batteries already…

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Yeah the PS22’s short head length is really nice for getting into awkward places. It’d be nice if Bosch made a refresh of the PS10 driver or made some kind of impact driver version of it since it’d have better control in driving like the Ridgid Jobmax 12V with the impact head.

Looks like the PS42 also had a status update on Amazon as “temporarily unavaliable.” I’m assuming we’re closing on the time where they’ll start to ship out. I’m kind of debating myself if I want 2 more batteries (Too bad they’re the 2ah batteries and not the newer 2.5ah ones) with it when I got so many batteries already…

Yes a brushless ps10 would be awesome.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

the PS22 is a great addition to the tool arsenal. lightweight and tiny and comes into action for all kinds of applications.
    just watched a few videos on youtube from the european model and I definitely wanna get the PS42. Pretty sure it will come in handy for drywalling too.
    fastening/ driving in those screws which didn’t make it below the surface.
    adding more and more 12V EC items to my shop – sometimes better then using the bigger 18V tools 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

woodman_412

Yeah the PS22’s short head length is really nice for getting into awkward places.

That’s something that I’m really looking forward to about the PS22 is how short the head is on it. Great for getting into tighter spaces. I doubt I’ll upgrade my PS41 until it’s worn out…unless you guys get a PS42 and say it’s the best thing since sliced bread… 😀

Dan

danpattison.com

I would have to try a PS22 once. I am just so used to an impact but if it could do similar things with less noise I wouldn’t be opposed to putting one in my arsenal.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

woodman_412

I would have to try a PS22 once. I am just so used to an impact but if it could do similar things with less noise I wouldn’t be opposed to putting one in my arsenal.

That’s the big reason that I’m saving up for the PS22 Andrew is the noise. Most times I’ve used my PS41 to assemble cabinets but it’s much nicer to do it with less noise and not have to wear ear plugs and be able to listen to the radio. The other thing is I find sometimes when working in peoples homes especially if there are kids or pets around the noise from the impact can be an issue. I remember one time I was working on a kitchen and a kid came over to me and asked me if I could stop making that noise. My girls don’t like the sound of an impact either.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

funny you mention the noise.. the other week i was using my 18v drill driver to drive some screws.. its a bit of a vacation from the buddubuddabudaa noise in a sense lol.. it will interesting to see if the tool companies carry the impulse impact tech over to the 12v lineups.. i know makita and ridgid along with ryobi have the tech

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

funny you mention the noise.. the other week i was using my 18v drill driver to drive some screws.. its a bit of a vacation from the buddubuddabudaa noise in a sense lol.. it will interesting to see if the tool companies carry the impulse impact tech over to the 12v lineups.. i know makita and ridgid along with ryobi have the tech

If ridigid and ryoibi has it I am sure Milwaukee will be next and they will probably bring it to the 12v line.

Doobie

I do like my impact, but I suspect it may be annoying to others who are within earshot. I find it makes it less prone to stripping screws as well which is a plus.

did a project once at an assisted living place. That was their biggest complaint of me at the time was the impacts that I was using was upsetting the residents.

Really? They complained? How else are you supposed to work? Construction is loud!

I don’t love the noise personally, but I deal with it because of the increased control and speed.

Yes, really. An impact is the loudest thing on a jobsite IMO. For what I do, 99% of the time, an impact is absolutely unnecessary. Same goes for the noise. I have enough hearing loss, I don’t need more.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Driver vs impact 2 different tools. For cabinet work a powerful driver is what you need. An impact really is more for loosening fasteners rather than tightening fasteners.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

did a project once at an assisted living place. That was their biggest complaint of me at the time was the impacts that I was using was upsetting the residents.

Really? They complained? How else are you supposed to work? Construction is loud!

I don’t love the noise personally, but I deal with it because of the increased control and speed.

Yes, really. An impact is the loudest thing on a jobsite IMO. For what I do, 99% of the time, an impact is absolutely unnecessary. Same goes for the noise. I have enough hearing loss, I don’t need more.

An impact can be annoyingly loud. I have given thought to getting the oil impact Makita has out. Dirty claims it is much quieter.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

An impact can be annoyingly loud. I have given thought to getting the oil impact Makita has out. Dirty claims it is much quieter.

I would love to see/hear one in the wild, thats for sure.

If a driver can get the job done quieter and just as fast, I will use it instead. The one place I see a real speed gain on the big impact is driving long RSS structural screws. The are buried FAST with an impact, while the PS22 strains to get them in. But I am talking the 1/4 inch ones 4-12 inches long here…. deck screws are similar speed and its so much more peaceful to not hear it (and not hear my 4-year old complaining that it’s too loud)

The PS22 is also great for drywall with a dimpler bit. It won’t replace a dedicated drywall screw gun, but it is good enough that I don’t really feel like I need to buy a drywall gun

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have given thought to getting the oil impact Makita has out. Dirty claims it is much quieter.

The videos I have seen really show how much quieter the oil filled impacts are but they are not as quiet as a driver.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I would love to see/hear one in the wild, thats for sure.

If a driver can get the job done quieter and just as fast, I will use it instead. The one place I see a real speed gain on the big impact is driving long RSS structural screws. The are buried FAST with an impact, while the PS22 strains to get them in. But I am talking the 1/4 inch ones 4-12 inches long here…. deck screws are similar speed and its so much more peaceful to not hear it (and not hear my 4-year old complaining that it’s too loud)

The PS22 is also great for drywall with a dimpler bit. It won’t replace a dedicated drywall screw gun, but it is good enough that I don’t really feel like I need to buy a drywall gun

Hah! Same here with the dimpler bit. Handiest little tool for putting up a sheet or two.

Yeah, obviously, an exterior deck with some RSS screws is definitely impact area.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Driver vs impact 2 different tools. For cabinet work a powerful driver is what you need. An impact really is more for loosening fasteners rather than tightening fasteners.

Understand and yep definitely two different tools, But for me I used a drill to drive screws for many many years mainly cuz I didn’t have a little impact. When I finally got one I rarely use a drill to drive anymore, I’ve found an impact takes less effort and rarely strips out even a Phillips head. With a drill I used to strip out a Phillips head too often, I think a lot of it depends on what exactly yer working on too. And the noise doesn’t bother me but of course I don’t do it everyday either….Just sayin 🙂

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I did realize that while building my solar kiln that the impact made such a racket that i ended up switching to my regular drivers to put screws in. However if the newer impacts are quieter, i can only see that as a benefit.

Myself I try to use the impact mainly for either framing, or decking and fence work, oh and of course tire swapping. The drill gets used much more, mainly it is quieter,
    I guess what it boils down to is users applications, and preferences.

That being said, I think I will update my 12 volts, just for the handy little battery gauge 🙂

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Understand and yep definitely two different tools, But for me I used a drill to drive screws for many many years mainly cuz I didn’t have a little impact. When I finally got one I rarely use a drill to drive anymore, I’ve found an impact takes less effort and rarely strips out even a Phillips head. With a drill I used to strip out a Phillips head too often, I think a lot of it depends on what exactly yer working on too. And the noise doesn’t bother me but of course I don’t do it everyday either….Just sayin 🙂

You guys need to ditch the phillips and go with robertson lol.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 329 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.509 seconds