dcsimg

Bosch PS42 is on its way.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 329 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

@doobie
    They’re already being sold if you can find them in stock. The first wave sold out for some merchants.

Do you mean for pre-ordering them?

@Doobie
    No, I actually have the PS42 right now.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@doobie
    They’re already being sold if you can find them in stock. The first wave sold out for some merchants.

amazon has them on preorder so they are making their way out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I still am not sure if going to the 4ah pack provides that much more oomph for the PS42. I noticed earlier with a partially run down 2ah (2 bars) pack that both the PS32 and PS42 had audibly lower unloaded RPM. The 4ah pack I had was near full charge and it was apparent that both the PS32 and PS42 spun up faster. After recharging the 2ah pack it seemed to equalize out.

On another note, the 4ah pack does seem to balance better on the PS42, it offsets weight to the bottom of the PS42 and makes it point neutrally versus having a slight nose forward tip. It almost has the same balance as the PS22 with the 4ah pack.

I’ll report back on that after I end up driving something heavier with the PS42 regarding power on the 4ah pack.

I still am not sure if going to the 4ah pack provides that much more oomph for the PS42. I noticed earlier with a partially run down 2ah (2 bars) pack that both the PS32 and PS42 had audibly lower unloaded RPM. The 4ah pack I had was near full charge and it was apparent that both the PS32 and PS42 spun up faster. After recharging the 2ah pack it seemed to equalize out.

On another note, the 4ah pack does seem to balance better on the PS42, it offsets weight to the bottom of the PS42 and makes it point neutrally versus having a slight nose forward tip. It almost has the same balance as the PS22 with the 4ah pack.

I’ll report back on that after I end up driving something heavier with the PS42 regarding power on the 4ah pack.

How does the weight/balance of the PS32 with a 4ah compare to the weight/balance of a DDS182 with a slim pack? Its not that much smaller (if I really need the half inch or so, I probably need the PS22) and Im wondering if the bigger battery would bring it to about the same weight

I have the PS31 and find that the size/weight is already close between it and the DDS182 – I wonder if the bigger battery would shift the balance

@Montreal_medic
    PS32 wins in weight by a lot even with the 4ah pack up against the DDS182 with the 2ah pack. The biggest thing with the PS32 with the 4ah pack is it’ll stand up. Otherwise it either goes into a holster or lying down. You’ll really feel the DDS182 in comparison whereas the PS32 in a holster is kind of just “there” and you don’t realize it. I don’t think the 4ah pack really shifts the CoG to be more comfortable on the PS32 however, it feels very similar for me when I switch between packs. On the PS42 there’s a moderately significant shift when you put on the 4ah pack and I think it is for the better.

You’re right on the length, the PS32 is only about a half inch shorter or so in comparison. It does make up for it by having a much smaller diameter for the head. You do lose out on the RPMs in comparison and the DDS182 is definitely more powerful overall.

I think the PS31 is very close to the PS32, oddly I actually like the PS32’s grip with less rubber.

There is however, one really big difference between the PS32 and DDS182:
    The PS32 lets you pull the trigger with the selector locked out and turn on the LED. The DDS182 does not, you basically will have to spin it up. The PS32 will respond very quickly if you leave it alone with a battery pack. The DDS182 will have that “delay” as if you were to put a new battery into it.

The behavior between the PS42 and IDH182 is basically the same. You can pull the trigger with the selector locked out and get the LEDs to activate. You can even lightly pull it with it in clockwise or counterclockwise and get the LEDs to activate. The IDH182 acts like the DDS182. There is no trigger delay from “sleep” like the DDS182 however.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@woodman_412
    Here are some comparison pictures from the PS22 & PS42.
    The PS42 is a little bit front heavy but it can stand upgright – but its not stable.
    PS42 is a brick compare to the PS22. (weight)

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice

The PS42 is a little bit front heavy but it can stand upgright – but its not stable.

Thank you for the pics madman. Not a lot of difference size wise but enough to make a difference.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@madman_us Interesting that the brushless one weighs more. i would think without brushes it would weigh less. or is it because it needs the weight to impact.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I just tossed both on a scale. not digital, just a old kitchen kitchen scale I had laying around.
    PS42 (no battery, with belt hook) = 1 lb 12 oz
    PS22 (no battery, with belt hook, with bit holder) = 1 lb 4 oz

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

1/2 pound difference no small amount.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

In this case, almost a third more

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Yeah its definitely a good size hammer and anvil in there making it heavy and I am sure to get all that power the spring is no slouch either.

woodman_412

Great comparison pics Alex, thanks for posting. That’s one of the things that I’m really enjoying about the PS22 is the weight. I picked it up in the shop to use it today and thought for a second that something was missing off of it because it felt so light…nope just a lightweight tool. Might upgrade my PS41 to a PS42 at some point.

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

My ps42 arrived today! It showed up as I was heading home, so I only opened it and played with it for a minute or so unfortunately. I’m looking forward to putting it in action next week though.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

In this case, almost a third more

Most of the weight goes into the front of the tool where the anvil and hammer is. It is a little tipsy if you set it on the 2ah pack. It’ll tip forward if it isn’t very level and you bump it, but otherwise it will still stand.

Doobie

That’s one of the things that I’m really enjoying about the PS22 is the weight. I picked it up in the shop to use it today and thought for a second that something was missing off of it because it felt so light…

That much of a difference eh? I like lighter tools whenever I can. Maybe I should look at getting one also.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My ps42 arrived today!

Congrats Jon, it is a fine tool. I really like mine.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Great comparison pics Alex, thanks for posting. That’s one of the things that I’m really enjoying about the PS22 is the weight. I picked it up in the shop to use it today and thought for a second that something was missing off of it because it felt so light…nope just a lightweight tool. Might upgrade my PS41 to a PS42 at some point.

Thanks Dan. yeah I think pictures can tell more than 1000 words haha
    The PS22 feels quite empty but it has quite some power. The driver is not really noticable in the hand when working because of its weight.
    I’m used to 18V units and I wonder why I didn’t go earlier with the 12V line 😀

I try to get some comparison videos recorded too, driving some screws.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m used to 18V units and I wonder why I didn’t go earlier with the 12V line

Yep the 12V line is the best kept secret out there. Wish Bosch would bring over more of their 12V stuff.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 329 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.698 seconds