dcsimg

Bosch PS42 is on its way.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 329 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I wonder if they are going to have a combo pack with the ps22. I would love to get that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Driver vs impact 2 different tools. For cabinet work a powerful driver is what you need. An impact really is more for loosening fasteners rather than tightening fasteners.

Understand and yep definitely two different tools, But for me I used a drill to drive screws for many many years mainly cuz I didn’t have a little impact. When I finally got one I rarely use a drill to drive anymore, I’ve found an impact takes less effort and rarely strips out even a Phillips head. With a drill I used to strip out a Phillips head too often, I think a lot of it depends on what exactly yer working on too. And the noise doesn’t bother me but of course I don’t do it everyday either….Just sayin 🙂

You guys need to ditch the phillips and go with Robertson lol.

Indeed, I try every chance I get Not to use them. In fact, Anything else but them lol

Driver vs impact 2 different tools. For cabinet work a powerful driver is what you need. An impact really is more for loosening fasteners rather than tightening fasteners.

Understand and yep definitely two different tools, But for me I used a drill to drive screws for many many years mainly cuz I didn’t have a little impact. When I finally got one I rarely use a drill to drive anymore, I’ve found an impact takes less effort and rarely strips out even a Phillips head. With a drill I used to strip out a Phillips head too often, I think a lot of it depends on what exactly yer working on too. And the noise doesn’t bother me but of course I don’t do it everyday either….Just sayin 🙂

You guys need to ditch the phillips and go with robertson lol.

Not to be confused with the American square head that’s designed to cam out

Although Torx screws are the best these days

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The torx are not the ones use on the steel tracks where they are pumping out 2 to 3 houses a day. It’s the Wangner that is the best for not stripping out. It is not a DYI screw and is not sold in in any DYI shop. It’s used where serious production is going on.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s the Wangner that is the best for not stripping out. I

Interesting head design for sure. I have not seen that pattern before.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

It’s the Wangner that is the best for not stripping out. I

Interesting head design for sure. I have not seen that pattern before.

me neither, what will they come out with next.

The torx are not the ones use on the steel tracks where they are pumping out 2 to 3 houses a day. It’s the Wangner that is the best for not stripping out. It is not a DYI screw and is not sold in in any DYI shop. It’s used where serious production is going on.

Those are the new LOX screws, right? Have they gotten off Hawaii yet? I thought they were still a startup sending to contractors to get market penetration and traction

EDIT: I stand corrected. Home Depot sells them now
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Grabber-8-2-in-Lox-Flat-Head-Wood-Deck-Screw-23745/203812786

Definitely an interesting design! Great!…now I have another bit tip to carry…lol!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

It’s the Wangner that is the best for not stripping out. It is not a DYI screw and is not sold in in any DYI shop. It’s used where serious production is going on.

Never seen those before. Better than Torx for not stripping? I really like the Torx for that. Don’t miss square head Robertsons at all, although I do still use them, I opt for GRK type Torx where I can now.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Ok I guess they are called a LOX now.

Well they look like a great design, I guess you could put A Lox of them in before stripping a bit lol

Seriously I will have to check them out tomorrow at HD

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Looks like they can handle more torque going in than coming out, but I suppose that’s a not a problem most of the time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh yeah I remember those being posted before

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Those are the new LOX screws, right?

They’ve been aroung for 12 to 15 years now.

Oh yeah I remember those being posted before

Strickly for the newer members Dabbs and to correct the quote below.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Lox head is designed for max torque with 12 points of contact it also maximizes bit life with a designed tight fit of the bit to the head.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Well they look like a great design, I guess you could put A Lox of them in before stripping a bit lol

are they available in canada ? would be interesting to give it a go.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

are they available in canada ?

HD carries them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

are they available in canada ? would be interesting to give it a go.

Don’t know, I have not seen them, mind you I have boxes of screws right now, that will last till the end of the year, after that, I will be restocking.
    I will try to get out to the HD later this week. And I will also check the big reno depot my way.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What is a PS42

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What is a PS42

The PS42 is Bosch’s new 12V brushless impact driver. Which means it has the chuck for hex drive bits.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 329 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.517 seconds