dcsimg

Bosch PS42 12v Brushless Impact Driver & Wrench (EU: GDR 10.8 V-EC)

This topic contains 152 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  theamcguy 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 141 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • Author

@overanalyze

Thanks and if you can, can you also do the inverse of that (2ah in the PS41, 4ah in PS42)? I’m pretty interested in the results. If the PS42 has a little bit more power than the PS41 then it makes up for being less powerful than the IDH182, especially when I can just leave a fatpack on the IDH182.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

@jzmtl

Regarding what I said about the Dewalts:

“As with the other new Dewalt brushless drill offerings, the DCD991 and DCD996 both have similar ultra-bright 60 lumen LED worklights. Each worklight has 3 settings, including a 20-minute spotlight mode.”

I’m hoping Bosch will do something like this with their newer drills and drivers.

You know that I actually don’t care for, multi mode light on a drill just makes it unnecessarily complicated. Give me 10 minutes on with the button is good enough.

I don’t think it’d be a bad idea to have a high and low mode on the light, sometimes you have surfaces where that’ll blind you if you have a really bright light. Hoping Bosch is taking this into consideration for the newer designs.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I don’t think it’d be a bad idea to have a high and low mode on the light, sometimes you have surfaces where that’ll blind you if you have a really bright light. Hoping Bosch is taking this into consideration for the newer designs.

True, but they don’t have to make the LED so bright. 20 lumen is perfectly fine if they don’t try to make it into a spotlight, plus you can always turn it off.

But who knows, maybe I’ll eat my words after I play with one. 😀

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

True, but they don’t have to make the LED so bright. 20 lumen is perfectly fine if they don’t try to make it into a spotlight, plus you can always turn it off.

i just want the light in a place where the drill portion doesn’t create such a big shadow. it just blocks half the light when you are trying to use it.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

i just want the light in a place where the drill portion doesn’t create such a big shadow. it just blocks half the light when you are trying to use it.

Some tools have just the right lighting and some have to much or in the wrong spot. Hope Bosch resolves this.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I guess I was on holidays when this thread appeared. Thanks, Andrew and everyone else who contributed.

Thanks to all you enablers, I now have another tool on my wish list.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice review on the PS42 and PS82. I like the way they document you can use the PS82 for lug nut removal.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@theamcguy good video Bill, those are pretty impressive little impacts,
    I could not believe it was able to remove those lugs,
    I like the features of turning the light on and off as needed,
    Good find Bill,

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

theamcguy good video Bill, those are pretty impressive little impacts,
    I could not believe it was able to remove those lugs,
    I like the features of turning the light on and off as needed,
    Good find Bill,

Was a good review. Surprising that it could remove the lugs, but would only get them so tight. It didn’t want to budge the nut and bolt the torqued though.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Nice review on the PS42 and PS82. I like the way they document you can use the PS82 for lug nut removal.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/SZ_nFXLozfA?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I do too, but I dont understand how.

The official rating of the wrench is only 85lbft, which is impressive for the size, but still less than most tighten lug nuts to

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t think I’d grab a 10.8 for lug nuts.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The official rating of the wrench is only 85lbft, which is impressive for the size, but still less than most tighten lug nuts to

That’s right but if you watch the video they run the lugs to 85 ft lbs with the PS82 and then finish with a torque wrench which is a good practice. The fact the PS82 will break loose 90% of the lugs out there makes it my first choice on the lift.

Another review of the PS42 PS82 12V tools from Bosch just posted yesterday and very positive. These 2 tools are really impressing people with their power to size ratio.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 13 posts - 141 through 153 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.613 seconds