dcsimg

Bosch PS42 12v Brushless Impact Driver & Wrench (EU: GDR 10.8 V-EC)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Gee that little 12v 3/8″ drive comes out to about 90 ft lbs torque, And then the 1/2″ drive is 180ish..Wow pretty good for either one

I think that’s why I’m gravitating more toward the PS82 over the PS42.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

90 ft.lb is pretty darn impressive coming out of 12v, good thing now it’s 2 speed, so easier to use with smaller screws without breaking stuff.

I didnt catch that it was 2 speed that will be nice. I love the 3 speed on the IDH182

yes it does have 2 torque settings (actually both, the PS42 and PS82). much better to regulate the power

I guess that’s an advantage using the brushless motor. Because it’s electronically controlled they can make it whatever speed

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

the PS82 is a pretty powerful tool for its size.
    1020 in-lbs with a 3/8″ square drive
    everyone at WOC was looking at those 2 new tools (ps42 & ps82) including me 😀
    gonna be a hot item in may

I too am looking forward to these tools coming to NA. Both will be nice additions to my 12V lineup.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like the way the speed and light buttons are on top and easy to get to, Although it may be defeating the purpose of their smaller size but IF ya put a 12v 4.0 battery in they’ll stand up too. Wonder if the PS42 will have a bit holder

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Does anyone know if you turn on the light with the button, does it go off after a few seconds (i.e. same as trigger), or stays on longer? Also how many seconds does it stays on?

I like the way the speed and light buttons are on top and easy to get to, Although it may be defeating the purpose of their smaller size but IF ya put a 12v 4.0 battery in they’ll stand up too. Wonder if the PS42 will have a bit holder

I like that also, how they position the buttons, I am starting to get used to using the speed selector on the IDH182, so I might decide to add one of these little 12 volt tools to my work tools 🙂
    Usually I just would try to control the speed / torque by the trigger.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone know if you turn on the light with the button, does it go off after a few seconds (i.e. same as trigger), or stays on longer? Also how many seconds does it stays on?

Obviously no one can know that for sure yet but IF it’s like the socket ready impact the light button makes it stay on for about 10 seconds IF I remember correctly, And then it comes on with the trigger of course too

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Obviously no one can know that for sure yet but IF it’s like the socket ready impact the light button makes it stay on for about 10 seconds IF I remember correctly, And then it comes on with the trigger of course too

Yeah that was actually my biggest complaint about the socket ready, the short on time make it pointless to be able to turn on the LED with button. I keep hoping they make it so trigger turns LED on for 15 seconds but button turns them on for 10 minutes or so.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like that also, how they position the buttons, I am starting to get used to using the speed selector on the IDH182, so I might decide to add one of these little 12 volt tools to my work tools :)
    Usually I just would try to control the speed / torque by the trigger.

For driving smaller shorter screws I usually use the lowest speed, Medium to high speed for longer grabber screws or lag bolts and if need be a fine touch with the trigger.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah that was actually my biggest complaint about the socket ready, the short on time make it pointless to be able to turn on the LED with button. I keep hoping they make it so trigger turns LED on for 15 seconds but button turns them on for 10 minutes or so.

I guess they figure yer gonna screw again with-in 10 seconds LOL, Probably a battery saver thing too. But when I do need it longer I just touch the trigger

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I am pretty sure Andrew can answer you that question since he already has that item.

@overanalyze

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

I will have to see how long it stays on. I do know that it comes on with the trigger (obviously) or you can turn it on with the light button. You can also turn off the light so that it does not come on with the trigger.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

@overanalyze

Do you find that the PS42 has more power with the 4ah fatpack like the PS41? Or does it already have about almost the same as the PS41 with the fatpack when you’re using the 2.5ah battery?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I keep hoping they make it so trigger turns LED on for 15 seconds but button turns them on for 10 minutes or so.

The new Milwaukee has a feature that allows you to use the built in worklight on their new driver like a flashlight. Interestingly enough the light is in the handle angled up to illuminate the work area.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dewalt is also doing something similar by using brighter lights and having them stay on for extended periods when activated by the button instead of the trigger.

The light activation button on the IDH182 is probably the biggest disappointment for me due to the short activation duration of the light, alongside with the trigger having to be pulled far enough to spin the tool up to activate the light. The DDS182 also has a similar setup with the trigger as I’ve found out. The PS22 and PS32 can have the light activated without having the trigger pulled far enough to the point that they spin up. They’ll even do it with the trigger locked out…

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The new Milwaukee has a feature that allows you to use the built in worklight on their new driver like a flashlight. Interestingly enough the light is in the handle angled up to illuminate the work area.

Dewalt is also doing something similar by using brighter lights and having them stay on for extended periods when activated by the button instead of the trigger.

The light activation button on the IDH182 is probably the biggest disappointment for me due to the short activation duration of the light, alongside with the trigger having to be pulled far enough to spin the tool up to activate the light. The DDS182 also has a similar setup with the trigger as I’ve found out. The PS22 and PS32 can have the light activated without having the trigger pulled far enough to the point that they spin up. They’ll even do it with the trigger locked out…

Ha, so I’m definitely not the only one wanting that feature.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

the IDH182 is probably the biggest disappointment for me due to the short activation duration of the light,

I am sure as availability and usage of the built in lights grew people figured out new uses for the light. Then it was like I need a light but why get the flashlight when my tool is right here. Things evolve, now we see the lights being better positioned and able to stay on for longer periods of time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@overanalyze

Do you find that the PS42 has more power with the 4ah fatpack like the PS41? Or does it already have about almost the same as the PS41 with the fatpack when you’re using the 2.5ah battery?

@Reflector
    I will do a video with ths PS42 running a 4ah battery compared to the PS41 running a 2ah and see how much difference. Hopefully Sunday I will have some time.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

the IDH182 is probably the biggest disappointment for me due to the short activation duration of the light,

I am sure as availability and usage of the built in lights grew people figured out new uses for the light. Then it was like I need a light but why get the flashlight when my tool is right here. Things evolve, now we see the lights being better positioned and able to stay on for longer periods of time.

That was one of my first thought after I had it in my hand, before I even used it. Hard to believe nobody throughout the engineering and testing process thought of it.

Maybe Bosch should send me their beta models for some testing, ha, ha…

@jzmtl

Regarding what I said about the Dewalts:

“As with the other new Dewalt brushless drill offerings, the DCD991 and DCD996 both have similar ultra-bright 60 lumen LED worklights. Each worklight has 3 settings, including a 20-minute spotlight mode.”

I’m hoping Bosch will do something like this with their newer drills and drivers.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.563 seconds