dcsimg

Bosch PS42 12v Brushless Impact Driver & Wrench (EU: GDR 10.8 V-EC)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

but I’m getting very curious of this 12v stuff with all this talk of them lol

Boyd i think you will like the 12V line if you try it out. I was skeptical at first but the more I use them the better I like them.

I am holding off till more is out there and more real world use of the newer models are discussed.
    I am still thinking for my use in the shop would be the PS82 18V. With all the rusty nuts and bolts I have to deal with this would work better for my application.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

but I’m getting very curious of this 12v stuff with all this talk of them lol

Boyd i think you will like the 12V line if you try it out. I was skeptical at first but the more I use them the better I like them.

I am holding off till more is out there and more real world use of the newer models are discussed.
    I am still thinking for my use in the shop would be the PS82 18V. With all the rusty nuts and bolts I have to deal with this would work better for my application.

No doubt 18V will always be king for stuff like that.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I believe the PS82 is a 12V tool. It is the 3/8″ impacts version of the PS42. Both are brushless.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I believe the PS82 is a 12V tool. It is the 3/8″ impacts version of the PS42. Both are brushless.

Yes I think you are right Bill,
    Maybe he meant the IDH182 or the IWBH182

Doobie

Nice to see I’m not the only who can’t keep all those model numbers straight and sorted in my head. 😉

Nice to see I’m not the only who can’t keep all those model numbers straight and sorted in my head. 😉

Oh no, I’m struggling too, I still think about my old ni-cad numbers, still trying to get caught up with the new models also. Just from following the members here, and I own the old ps40 and ps30 :).

Anonymous
    Inactive

The dingdang website doesn’t show the clpk32-120, But I found it on Amaz. I really don’t think I’m interested in the drill, Wonder how that flashlight is? Think I’ll just concentrate on the PS41 for now

The dingdang website doesn’t show the clpk32-120, But I found it on Amaz. I really don’t think I’m interested in the drill, Wonder how that flashlight is? Think I’ll just concentrate on the PS41 for now

your right , does not bring you to the link , i have the fl10 in my kit , its okay , nothing fancy , it comes with the old bulb , i bought a led to replace the bulb , just because its tipsy and most of the time when it got bump over , the bulb would burn out , the filiment would break ,

Anonymous
    Inactive

your right , does not bring you to the link , i have the fl10 in my kit , its okay , nothing fancy , it comes with the old bulb , i bought a led to replace the bulb , just because its tipsy and most of the time when it got bump over , the bulb would burn out , the filiment would break ,

Hmmm the light doesn’t sound too impressive, Especially when ya compare the piggy diff between the clpk22-120 & clpk32-120. The 32-120 has the light for an additional 21,000 piggy, Seems like a better deal to get the clpk22-120 and add the FL12 light for the same overall total……….I just don’t think I need the drill though, I’m thinking just get the PS41 for 69,000 to see what I’m missing

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Hmmm the light doesn’t sound too impressive, Especially when ya compare the piggy diff between the clpk22-120 & clpk32-120. The 32-120 has the light for an additional 21,000 piggy, Seems like a better deal to get the clpk22-120 and add the FL12 light for the same overall total……….I just don’t think I need the drill though, I’m thinking just get the PS41 for 69,000 to see what I’m missing

Personally I find the drill quite useful and I tend to grab it for holes less than 1/2″, although I do use the impact driver a bit more. But consider the kit can be had for a little over $100 on amazon often I would say get both.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Personally I find the drill quite useful and I tend to grab it for holes less than 1/2″, although I do use the impact driver a bit more. But consider the kit can be had for a little over $100 on amazon often I would say get both.

Yeah I’ve been trying to decide between the drill/impact combo on the list CLPK22-120 (103,750) or just the PS41-2A (69,500), It’s only 34,250 more piggy for the combo. Seems kinda stupid not to do that but I’ve got 3 18v drills and the 12v angle drill already, Just don’t know if I’ll use it much. I need to research it a bit more to see just how much smaller it is than the 18v compact drill

Well with the new LED Bulb in, it’s a nice flashlight, but your right for the difference in piggies, I would opt for the fl12,
    The fl10 is more beam light, and the FL12 is more fload light, depending on your needs I guess,

One thing for sure is the FL12 is a better built light. And many more useful ways of using it, the magnetic base the clip the hole for a screw and so on.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

12V?? HUH, I don’t know why I had it in my mind that it was the big brother 18V to the PS42. I like that it is compact and has a high torque to it.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve never even heard of a PS82, can’t find it anywhere either

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Yeah I’ve been trying to decide between the drill/impact combo on the list CLPK22-120 (103,750) or just the PS41-2A (69,500), It’s only 34,250 more piggy for the combo. Seems kinda stupid not to do that but I’ve got 3 18v drills and the 12v angle drill already, Just don’t know if I’ll use it much. I need to research it a bit more to see just how much smaller it is than the 18v compact drill

I suppose if you have that many drill already, you could go for the impact driver only, can’t use 4 drills at the same time anyway.

I’ve never even heard of a PS82, can’t find it anywhere either

First time I heard it was here on the forum. Toolguyd has a photo of it, seems like it’s a brand new tool and hasn’t been released so makes sense there is no info out yet.

http://toolguyd.com/bosch-12-brushless-ps42-impact-driver-ps82-impact-wrench-2016/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gee that little 12v 3/8″ drive comes out to about 90 ft lbs torque, And then the 1/2″ drive is 180ish..Wow pretty good for either one

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

90 ft.lb is pretty darn impressive coming out of 12v, good thing now it’s 2 speed, so easier to use with smaller screws without breaking stuff.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

the PS82 is a pretty powerful tool for its size.
    1020 in-lbs with a 3/8″ square drive
    everyone at WOC was looking at those 2 new tools (ps42 & ps82) including me 😀
    gonna be a hot item in may

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

90 ft.lb is pretty darn impressive coming out of 12v, good thing now it’s 2 speed, so easier to use with smaller screws without breaking stuff.

I didnt catch that it was 2 speed that will be nice. I love the 3 speed on the IDH182

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I didnt catch that it was 2 speed that will be nice. I love the 3 speed on the IDH182

yes it does have 2 torque settings (actually both, the PS42 and PS82). much better to regulate the power

Attachments:

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.404 seconds