dcsimg

Bosch PS32 torque specs

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bethepro 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi all. Just wondering if this has 265lbs or 179lbs of torque? Various websites list either. Even Bosch’s own web page will show 179lbs of torque on its front page but then in depth it will show 265lbs of torque. A little confused here 🤔

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

The ps22 is listed as 265. I have both PS32 and ps22 and they’re the same tool with different style chucks. I believe the 265 is the correct spec and I think the ps31 and ps21 have 179 but those numbers have changed on the site as well. I remember when the brushless 12v were released and they didn’t have as much peak torque as the brushed predecessor. Some pages show 265 now for the brushed tools. Even though the brushed tools have more peak torque I read somewhere, shortly after the brushless tool’s release, that the bosch brushless motors deliver more constant torque and maintain higher rpm under load.

j

I think that one is a hard joint and one is soft – like in wood – the higher number is likely hard in steel. I have this and a Festool TXS and they are nearly identical in power and capability and the FT lists the lower specs. It is plenty powerful for light-medium drilling and driving, which is what it is designed to do. Great drill.

Orange County, CA

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I think that one is a hard joint and one is soft – like in wood – the higher number is likely hard in steel. I have this and a Festool TXS and they are nearly identical in power and capability and the FT lists the lower specs. It is plenty powerful for light-medium drilling and driving, which is what it is designed to do. Great drill.

I would agree, Scott, specs based on hard and soft joints are usually quite a bit different. Most mfg base their specs on soft joint performance.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

The product manager for this tool says that 180 is the correct torque number for the PS32. They are looking into why it says 265 torque on the PS32-02 page. Nice catch.

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.380 seconds