dcsimg

Bosch – Provantage

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

But I do find BOSCH way better than Makita in that regard. Makita is a real PITA with product searches, retailer links, and their tool registrations imo. In fact, I was kinda miffed that Makita will not do over the phone tool registrations. They told me I had to do them all online. That sucks frankly compared to Bosch.

Why do you have to register makita tools?? I never have.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

But I do find BOSCH way better than Makita in that regard. Makita is a real PITA with product searches, retailer links, and their tool registrations imo. In fact, I was kinda miffed that Makita will not do over the phone tool registrations. They told me I had to do them all online. That sucks frankly compared to Bosch.

Why do you have to register makita tools?? I never have.

I register everything now. Learned my lesson years ago. Product safety recalls on batteries that can catch fire is one good reason alone. If you don’t have your tool registered, how are you supposed to know that your tool or battery may be dangerous.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

OK today I finally called Bosch Provantage (I have been sick last 8-10 days from Pneumonia).

A bit of a recap, I was trying to register the Freak kit I won from the Freak contest. I signed up as a Provantage member, but the Freak kit is not listed. Only the IDH182 tool, so I selected that tool knowing it was the wrong kit just so that I can create a Provantage account.

The Bosch representative I spoke to verified I have a Provantage account. Then I asked my questions:

(1) Do I need to register my tool at BOTH the Boschtools.com AND Provantage.com? The Boschtools.com gives me 2 years of warranty and the Provantage gives me one additional year?

ANSWER: NO. Register corded tools at Boschtools.com, register cordless tools at Provantage.com. For your tools, you need to only register it on Provantage.com and no where else.

(2) I tried to find the Freak kit on the list of kits to register on Provantage.com, but can’t find it. How do I register it then?

ANSWER: The Freak kit is the same as IDH182, so you have registered that already so you are all set.

ME: But the IDH182 comes in various forms and kits, how would Bosch knows what charger and batteries it comes with?

ANSWER: Go and click on Battery/Charger Management and it should list everything.

ME: When I clicked on that, it shows I have two BAT620 batteries and one BC660 charger, when in fact I have one GBA18V63 battery and one BC1880 charger. So the record doesn’t match what I have.

ANSWER: Doesn’t matter, when you need service and call us, all you need to do is to explain and they will sort that out with you.

So…is this how it works? Anyone else who won the Freak and know how to properly register it, online or by phone?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So…is this how it works? Anyone else who won the Freak and know how to properly register it, online or by phone?

I guess that’s why I no longer bother with it.

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

OK today I finally called Bosch Provantage (I have been sick last 8-10 days from Pneumonia).

That really sucks you had Pneumonia. Hope you feeling much better.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Sorry to hear that Sami. Is it the ‘walkin pneumonia’ type at least?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Thanks GTokley and Kevin.

I am not sure what kind of pneumonia it was. I had company in town during Thanksgiving and I took them to Disney World that weekend. It rained and I didn’t have a rain poncho and got wet. The next day I got a headache and a fever and we drove home. The doc said I had both pneumonia and the flu. Stayed in bed for over ten days.

I am not sure what kind of pneumonia it was. I had company in town during Thanksgiving and I took them to Disney World that weekend. It rained and I didn’t have a rain poncho and got wet. The next day I got a headache and a fever and we drove home. The doc said I had both pneumonia and the flu. Stayed in bed for over ten days.

Ah yes I remember you posted pictures.

That sucks. Take care hope you feel better soon

Registered my stick/handheld vacuum yesterday.
    I will try to get the freak and the dust extractor , plus the canister vacuum I bought done today.

Doobie

I am not sure what kind of pneumonia it was.

Walking pneumonia is just a term used which basically means you can still do stuff and not be mostly bed ridden.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Walking pneumonia is just a term used which basically means you can still do stuff and not be mostly bed ridden.

Oh I couldn’t work. I had a hard time standing or even sitting. I think I had “laying down with ten boxes of kleenex pneumonia” LOL.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I will try to get the freak and the dust extractor , plus the canister vacuum I bought done today.

When you register the Freak let me know how it worked out. I wasn’t able to do it online or over the phone except to register a plain IDH182 which ended up with the wrong battery and charger and the phone rep told me “it’s fine”, am curious if you might have better luck.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Oh I couldn’t work. I had a hard time standing or even sitting. I think I had “laying down with ten boxes of kleenex pneumonia” LOL.

A few years ago my daughter & I both had Pneumonia. She was home sick with it for a week and was in the hospital for a week. I was off work for 3 weeks with it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

A few years ago my daughter & I both had Pneumonia. She was home sick with it for a week and was in the hospital for a week. I was off work for 3 weeks with it.

I am finally back working today. Feeling all right, just can’t get too winded to trigger a cough.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

A bit of a recap, I was trying to register the Freak kit I won from the Freak contest. I signed up as a Provantage member, but the Freak kit is not listed. Only the IDH182 tool, so I selected that tool knowing it was the wrong kit just so that I can create a Provantage account.

The Bosch representative I spoke to verified I have a Provantage account. Then I asked my questions:

(1) Do I need to register my tool at BOTH the Boschtools.com AND Provantage.com? The Boschtools.com gives me 2 years of warranty and the Provantage gives me one additional year?

ANSWER: NO. Register corded tools at Boschtools.com, register cordless tools at Provantage.com. For your tools, you need to only register it on Provantage.com and no where else.

(2) I tried to find the Freak kit on the list of kits to register on Provantage.com, but can’t find it. How do I register it then?

ANSWER: The Freak kit is the same as IDH182, so you have registered that already so you are all set.

ME: But the IDH182 comes in various forms and kits, how would Bosch knows what charger and batteries it comes with?

ANSWER: Go and click on Battery/Charger Management and it should list everything.

ME: When I clicked on that, it shows I have two BAT620 batteries and one BC660 charger, when in fact I have one GBA18V63 battery and one BC1880 charger. So the record doesn’t match what I have.

ANSWER: Doesn’t matter, when you need service and call us, all you need to do is to explain and they will sort that out with you.

Still wanted to know if I am doing this Provantage thing right, is the Bosch rep correct when she told me:

(1) Corded tools and other stuff, register at Boschtools.com, cordless tools register at Provantage.com. Is this true? If so, why are the cordless tools listed on the Boschtools.com registration? I know there is a Provantage number in the Boschtools.com when you register. So is a customer supposed to register a tool at Boschtools.com first for the 2 year, then Provantage.com for one extra year? Or just do one or the other?

(2) Is the only way to register the Freak kit as the Bosch rep said, pick any of the IDH182 on the list to register, and let it set the INCORRECT battery and charger models, and don’t worry about it, it will be sorted out if and when you need service.

Is that how it’s supposed to work?

Doobie

Corded tools and other stuff, register at Boschtools.com, cordless tools register at Provantage.com. Is this true?

Yes

If so, why are the cordless tools listed on the Boschtools.com registration?

No idea why that can happen. I have a couple of my cordless that are on the Boschtools but the other 50 or so cordless I have are on the ProVantage site. I really wouldn’t worry too much about it Sami.

Is the only way to register the Freak kit as the Bosch rep said, pick any of the IDH182 on the list to register, and let it set the INCORRECT battery and charger models, and don’t worry about it, it will be sorted out if and when you need service

Probably OK too.

Sami, do what I learned long ago. Call in everything and let them do it. So much easier.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Is the only way to register the Freak kit as the Bosch rep said, pick any of the IDH182 on the list to register, and let it set the INCORRECT battery and charger models, and don’t worry about it, it will be sorted out if and when you need service.

It probably is. The system is automated so just do the tool. See if you can do the batteries and charger separate. At one time you could.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

I just registered some tools over the phone late yesterday. Took less than five minutes. Quick and easy.

When you register the Freak let me know how it worked out. I wasn’t able to do it online or over the phone except to register a plain IDH182 which ended up with the wrong battery and charger and the phone rep told me “it’s fine”, am curious if you might have better luck.

Okay I just registered my Freakn
    It’s showing as bare tool and tray
    Not a big deal.
    I put the serial number and the model number not the idh182 but the other number that following

Okay forgot to mention I did it online

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I never seem to get to call them before they close.

Dirty

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I never seem to get to call them before they close.

You are what 4, 5, 6 hours time difference from wherever Bosch is managing the Provantage system? Call them when you wake up in the morning.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.640 seconds