dcsimg

Bosch – Provantage

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Good job Jim, What other electronics do you have that can be registered? Maybe I need to look around the house and vehicles a little better

So I went to go register my new slimpack battery and again there is no listing for it on Provantage. I don’t mind calling but you would think they could keep the website updated.

Shoot. How many items have we found so far to not be registerable online? power box, slim batteries….

I really need to get on this with my bosch tools – for warranty sake and for keeping some sort of record of the serial #s of my tools….

John S

woodman_412

I’ve found that sometimes there are glitches registering Bosch tools online. If I have the time during business hours I’ll usually give Bosch a call since they are always great to deal with and it can be easier than doing it online.

Dan

danpattison.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Finally got another one registered today and asked for a part number for an edge guide for the Circular saw, He gave me this and I can’t find it anywhere LOL. 2610347119. And said it’s only $7.44 so I don’t think we were on the same page with what I was looking for

Finally got another one registered today and asked for a part number for an edge guide for the Circular saw, He gave me this and I can’t find it anywhere LOL. 2610347119. And said it’s only $7.44 so I don’t think we were on the same page with what I was looking for

Yikes – I am guessing he was thinking you wanted to simply replace the original base to the circular saw or something like that – because there is no way any such edge guide can cost that little, ha! That is too bad he wasn’t able to help you – call again?

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So I have not done any of this registering stuff. If I do do it what are the benefits of it?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

. If I do do it what are the benefits of it?

I believe it adds another year to some warranties, though I could be wrong.

But at the very least – it will allow you to process warranties Bosch with far less headache. And helps you keep track of your own tools….

John S

woodman_412

I believe it adds another year to some warranties, though I could be wrong.

John, I think you’re right. When you register a Provantage tool you get an extra year of warranty coverage from what you would get if you didn’t register.

Dan

danpattison.com

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Has anyone used the Provantage warranty? Thankfully all of my Bosch tools are brand new (Thanks BTP) but otherwise it would be nice to know how the warranty will be serviced on the axial glide I purchase some day.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yikes – I am guessing he was thinking you wanted to simply replace the original base to the circular saw or something like that – because there is no way any such edge guide can cost that little, ha! That is too bad he wasn’t able to help you – call again?

i asked him about the jig edge guide too and he said $45, And said the jig guide was much more beefy than the circ guide was. I didn’t understand was he was talking about I don’t think he was either LOL

woodman_412

Has anyone used the Provantage warranty? Thankfully all of my Bosch tools are brand new (Thanks BTP) but otherwise it would be nice to know how the warranty will be serviced on the axial glide I purchase some day.

Jason, I’ve used the warranty a couple of times. I had a couple 12V batteries replaced that weren’t holding a charge properly right after I bought the driver. The driver was old stock so it had been sitting on a shelf for 4-5 years in the store so the batteries had probably been sitting too long without use. I also had the chuck replaced on my 12V drill since there was some play in it. Both times Bosch was great to deal with.

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I had a couple 12V batteries replaced that weren’t holding a charge properly right after I bought the driver. The driver was old stock so it had been sitting on a shelf for 4-5 years in the store so the batteries had probably been sitting too long without use.

What was the process like to have the batteries replaced? How much did it cost?

Dirty

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jason, I’ve used the warranty a couple of times. I had a couple 12V batteries replaced that weren’t holding a charge properly right after I bought the driver. The driver was old stock so it had been sitting on a shelf for 4-5 years in the store so the batteries had probably been sitting too long without use. I also had the chuck replaced on my 12V drill since there was some play in it. Both times Bosch was great to deal with.

That’s good to know, They always seem a little strange when I mention the battery with the tool I register. So far I think I’ve registered every size battery and I figure if one goes bad of whatever size that’s good enough

woodman_412

I had a couple 12V batteries replaced that weren’t holding a charge properly right after I bought the driver. The driver was old stock so it had been sitting on a shelf for 4-5 years in the store so the batteries had probably been sitting too long without use.

Dirty, all I had to do was call Bosch and they sent me two new batteries. There was no cost to me since it was under warranty. I’ve always found Bosch quick to get you up and running again.

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Dirty, all I had to do was call Bosch and they sent me two new batteries. There was no cost to me since it was under warranty. I’ve always found Bosch quick to get you up and running again.

That sounds like the type of customer service a co. should have! Glad to hear that.

Dirty

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you have to send the bad batteries back?

Did you have to send the bad batteries back?

And I assume they emailed you a return label of sorts – you just had to provide a box, right?

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I see all my Registered Tools tools have been wiped off my provantage dashboard???

Attachments:

Dirty

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I can’t even log in to my Provantage. Security error message.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

OMG……Not another Russian hack!

Next they’ll take down my Bieber fan club site……aaaargh!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.664 seconds