dcsimg

Bosch – Provantage

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 338 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Running into issues again.

Tried to log into Bosch’s web site last week. As before it flashed to another site, then hit Login again, entered username and password, then it goes to another page and popped up this screen below.

I entered for the second time the username and password, then it flashed a few times and said “Error authentication you are not authorized on this web site…” and got a blank screen. Not sure what’s going on again.

Doobie

Now that this is brought up again…you know what…I never did get that access email to get into mine from weeks ago I was told I was supposed to get.

I really don’t get too concerned about this. As long as when I call them they have all my stuff on file on their end, which it seemed to me they did. I typically call them for tool registrations and other issues.

But it’s not a real good thing that is going on with folks not being able to log into their accounts for so long now. Pretty sloppy/mishandled on Bosch NAs behalf with this never-ending transition they’ve undertaken to consolidate the Provantage accounts with the regular plugged-tools accounts. Pretty bad frankly!

Running into issues again.

Tried to log into Bosch’s web site last week. As before it flashed to another site, then hit Login again, entered username and password, then it goes to another page and popped up this screen below.

I entered for the second time the username and password, then it flashed a few times and said “Error authentication you are not authorized on this web site…” and got a blank screen. Not sure what’s going on again.

Geeze man Sami , to bad about having all these issues ,
    I’ll have to check out my account again , I know it was working fine last time we were talking about it ,
    I hope you can get some closure to this.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I think my Bosch tool registration is a total mess now. I don’t even know where to begin.

Can any of you log into Bosch (with the “new” Bosch ID) and when you view your registered tools, do they look OK? Are they all there? Does it show all the information?

This is turning into a total disaster for me.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Let me describe in more details about my experience.

As you may remember Bosch has been trying to merge the old Provantage account tool registration with the Boschtools.com registration into one place, and this has been an ongoing process of probably over two years now. When I log into my Boschtools account with the new Bosch ID, all I saw were the tools registered under Boschtools.com, and the Provantage registered tools do not show up, it’s still being “migrated” was what I was told when I looked in October 2020.

Recently I have a Bosch saw that went bad, needing repairs. I logged into my Boschtools.com account and as expected, the tool does not show up because it was registered under the Provantage account so there is no way to select it to request an E-repair.

So I called Bosch customer support, and after I explained this, I was told the migration has been completed for months and it’s strange that I do not see the tools now. I said I do not see it, she asked for the model number and serial number, so she could do some research.

Two days later, I logged into Boschtools.com again to check, and I noticed the saw was added. Just the saw, not the other Provantage registered tools. So apparently they looked into it, and decided to add the Bosch saw into my account so I can do a repair on it.

The only problem now I see is, after they added the Bosch saw, some other tools previously registered under Boschtools.com are now gone. It almost look like by adding a tool, something else got pushed out.

So now what I have under Boschtools.com are 1 of the tools under my Provantage.com has been added, the rest are still not there, and at least 2 tools that used to be under Boschtools.com are now gone.

Furthermore, the registered tool list now look different. Before I used to see a picture of that tool, the model number, the serial number and other information. Now, all I see are serial number as the model number, and the serial number again, no picture.

This is what I see, I wonder if you see the same thing or it’s just me.

Not only this, some of the tools on this list are now gone.

So I called Bosch again, and asked them if the tools that are now gone from the list, what happened to them?

She said perhaps the tools registered when it gets older after 3 years when warranty expires they got deleted automatically? I said are you sure, because I was relying on Bosch to keep the date of purchase, model, serial number etc…together so I can tell if it’s under warranty or not. She said you can always check the purchase receipts, I said yes but the purchase receipts are with a pile of other paper ten inches thick and I did not expect to have to go back to find out when I purchased the tool after I successfully registered them. Besides since the migration is now done, why are my other tools under Provantage not showing up, she said the migration is still on going and it’s taking some time. So this is different from what the other Bosch customer service person told me.

This is just a nightmare.

I think my Bosch tool registration is a total mess now. I don’t even know where to begin.

Can any of you log into Bosch (with the “new” Bosch ID) and when you view your registered tools, do they look OK? Are they all there? Does it show all the information?

You know something , the last time I tried , everything was working great , they merged everything for me, and all my tools were there , but funny thing is , I tried to get to it today , first I had trouble logging in , and then , after I actually got logged in , I went to My tools that have been registered before 🤷‍♂️ app apparently all my previous tools have vanished 🙄🤷‍♂️

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

You know something , the last time I tried , everything was working great , they merged everything for me, and all my tools were there , but funny thing is , I tried to get to it today , first I had trouble logging in , and then , after I actually got logged in , I went to My tools that have been registered before 🤷‍♂️ app apparently all my previous tools have vanished 🙄🤷‍♂️

Wow that’s not good. I wonder if their migration has gotten some data scrambled and everything turned upside down. You might have to call on Monday to see if they have your real information somewhere.

It’s disappointing that I have to go back through many receipts to figure out when I bought this tool and that tool and some of the redemptions I may not have kept paper information once I had them registered. I asked them if I can go by the date code on the tool and they said no because it’s more a manufactured date not the date the tool was sold. If I have to re-register everything then it’s going to be a lot of hits and misses.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

There are some tool registration sites that are way better than Bosch’s, Black and Decker comes mind. The B&D site shows me every tool I ever registered along with an icon/picture of the tool. Bosch on the other hand some tools have icons some don’t. Bosch’s site will only show you the last 20 tools registered although the others are still in the system. They have been working to improve the site but the same person working on the site must be the same person working on the cordless table saw we were promised 3 years ago when the CORE batteries came out. For what it is worth the regular Bosch registration site is better than ProVantage and will show what tools you have registered under both.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow that’s not good. I wonder if their migration has gotten some data scrambled and everything turned upside down. You might have to call on Monday to see if they have your real information somewhere.

It’s disappointing that I have to go back through many receipts to figure out when I bought this tool and that tool and some of the redemptions I may not have kept paper information once I had them registered. I asked them if I can go by the date code on the tool and they said no because it’s more a manufactured date not the date the tool was sold. If I have to re-register everything then it’s going to be a lot of hits and misses.

I know , I’m pretty much in the same scenario , not sure if I kept all the records
    Kinda frustrating , although I’ve only had to use it two times in the last 12 years ,
    I’ll try again from my laptop

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

or what it is worth the regular Bosch registration site is better than ProVantage and will show what tools you have registered under both.

Provantage is done. You cannot log into Provantage anymore, not since August 2019 for me.

The regular Bosch site you spoke of, is the one that SHOULD show both the regular site registrations and the old Provantage registrations. However, mine does not. The Provantage registations never show up, this is what Bosch told me for a long time now that they are working to move the Provantage data over to the regular registration site. This is the “migration” process that one Bosch rep told me has been completed for months and the other just told me it’s still ongoing.

I think I have a dozen registered tools under the regular Boschtools.com, and 4 tools under Provantage (that didn’t show up under Boschtools.com presumably awaiting the migration).

Until last week I had to get one tool serviced and that tool was under the old Provantage, I had to call Bosch, and whatever they did, they added that one tool under Provantage under my regular registration (why they didn’t add all 4 tools I have no idea), but the end result being some tools under the regular registration has now disappeared.

They said as long as you have your old receipts you don’t really need to worry.

The problem is I am not sure I have all the old receipts. I thought once the registrations were done I no longer need those receipts and will be a pain to find them. It’s not just finding receipts for those you know are missing, it’s trying to determine what tools are now left off the registration. So it means I have to round up all the tools…I have an OMT at property A, I have a grinder in my garage somewhere, the rotary hammer is in my truck, the laser measure is in my truck, I have a circular saw at another property’s storage…you get the idea, I have to find them all and get the serial number off them to match with what’s currently listed.

You mentioned that there is a limit of 20 tools listed on that site. Is this right? How can that be in this day and age? I mean, if Home Depot tells me they keep all my receipts online under ProXtra but only shows 200 and not more, I would find this hilarious because that means a period of 3 months of receipts online and in store combined.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You mentioned that there is a limit of 20 tools listed on that site.

Somewhere on the site it tells you that the only shows the last 20 tools registered. I hear you they should be able to show every tool I registered and let me delete the ones that have been thrown out or whatever.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Strange , I just logged into the Bosch tools registration from the pc at work , and it worked , I saw all the tools I’ve registered 🤷‍♂️👍
    I have another 4 or 6 tool’s to add , hopefully I’ll get a chance later this week 🤞

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

well, my account is still messed up. Some tools are missing some tools are there and the information of some of them are incorrect.

I called again last week and spoke to a customer service rep at Bosch, who told me they are having lots of issues with the migration.

He told me back in 2019 some issues came up with the Provantage accounts that some users cannot log into their accounts (which happened to me), and they tried to fix it but it only fixed it for some users but not others and eventually they decided to merge the two accounts between Provantage and Boschtools.com, so that means the data has to be merged, they began the migration effort and that has been going on since 2020 and still not completed.

Meanwhile they had issues with end users with tools they registered via Provantage but those registered tools do not show up on the new accounts (like I experienced and still experienced), in the mean time they also had to rework the accounts (I think this is where the new Bosch ID came about), and this caused incomplete and incorrect data. Not only for folks like us but also for repair centers trying to validate tool warranty for their customers.

Hangman
    Pro

My method has always been to call them up to register my tools. Personally I like the human element and talking to Bosch employees too. They’re always happy to help resolve any issues, and I’ve had a few replacements, I register everything immediately.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

well, my account is still messed up. Some tools are missing some tools are there and the information of some of them are incorrect.

Went to register a new Bosch tool the other only to find out my account has all been reset. No prior tools listed at all. Oh well what can you do.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

My method has always been to call them up to register my tools. Personally I like the human element and talking to Bosch employees too. They’re always happy to help resolve any issues, and I’ve had a few replacements, I register everything immediately.

Human element is fine. But don’t you like to be able to look at your registered products and get information on them 24/7?

I don’t have time to call and wait on the phone to register a tool at 10am or 2pm. I can do that at 11pm at night when I am home and relaxed in front of my computer. No one at Bosch is answering at that time.

So if you register it over the phone each time, how do you know what products are registered? Say a Bosch drill breaks down, you don’t remember how long ago you bought it, if it’s still under warranty, do you then call Bosch and say you have this drill and it’s serial number is this and if it’s still covered? If a battery breaks down and won’t charge you picked up the battery you don’t even know what tool kit that battery was initially paired with and how long ago you bought it.

I like being able to access the information whenever.

Too bad it’s all messed up. If you have 30 tools registered, only 20 will show 10 will be hidden, and out of the 20 that showed, half of them is missing, and some of them have wrong information. It’s been in this state since August 2019 for me.

I don’t get why this is not a high priority for Bosch. The Bosch rep said it’s an issue not for just us customers, it’s an issue for their authorized repair centers who had to find out if a tool is under warranty from Bosch.

Hangman
    Pro

Perhaps it just my good fortune to not have many tool related problems. In the near 20 years buy Bosch products I’ve only killed one battery, one charger, and a heated jacket. The battery was out of warranty, the charger I was sent a replacement by a rep/ As for the Jacket it was still under warranty and they decidedly sent me a new one.

Understand the attractiveness of seeing all the registered products on a data base list. Personally I have a good recall of when I bought and register things. There is always email receipts or with some thought on the write the dates on the tool instruction book, somehow I’ve managed to hold on to all of them.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Tried logging into Boschtools.com to register a new tool.

Can’t log in, got a blank screen instead. Not sure what’s going on.

Called Bosch and they said they can log in no problems, but have heard from a few users they had trouble logging in, and they can pass my issue up as well.

Anyone else able to log in to Boschtools.com to see their registered tools?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Tried logging into Boschtools.com to register a new tool.

Can’t log in, got a blank screen instead. Not sure what’s going on.

Called Bosch and they said they can log in no problems, but have heard from a few users they had trouble logging in, and they can pass my issue up as well.

Anyone else able to log in to Boschtools.com to see their registered tools?

I logged in a few weeks ago with no issues and today I am getting the blank screen same as you. Not sure what is going on.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I logged in a few weeks ago with no issues and today I am getting the blank screen same as you. Not sure what is going on.

Once you got the blank screen, refresh your page and you should see the screen shows up, asking you to log in (again), and if you refresh a second time, you get the blank screen again. So it’s either a total blank or a screen asking you to log in when you already logged in.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 338 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.747 seconds