dcsimg

Bosch – Provantage

Viewing 10 posts - 281 through 290 (of 290 total)
  • Author

Got an email this morning with the instructions to set up a new account. Got all logged in and verified and all my tools were right there when I logged in. What a relief!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Got an email this morning with the instructions to set up a new account. Got all logged in and verified and all my tools were right there when I logged in. What a relief!

That’s good news Jim , glad you were able to get it all done 👍

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That’s great Jim. I didn’t have any issues when I did mine.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Hey Jim, arethe instrictions you received such they are generic and you could paste them here?

Or did it involve temp User ID/password from them specific to you that other folks need to contact them individually to get up and running?

@JimDaddyO

Jim, arethe instrictions you received such they are generic and you could paste them here?

They are not generic. You need to personally get the email to indicate that they are ready for you to set it up.

I would recommend going to the Bosch site and go on the live chat and also email their support department. It took me a few tries to get action, but it eventually got resolved.

Jim, arethe instrictions you received such they are generic and you could paste them here?

They are not generic. You need to personally get the email to indicate that they are ready for you to set it up.

I would recommend going to the Bosch site and go on the live chat and also email their support department. It took me a few tries to get action, but it eventually got resolved.

I actually set mine up before I received the email , after I set it up I received the email later in the day , I just went by I think it’s change my password , or I forget my password , but obviously use the original email I was using before 🤷‍♂️

I just went by I think it’s change my password , or I forget my password

I tried that at first a few times and it would not send me a reply to my email address to change the password. So it was a bit more complicated. I guess the final answer is “it depends”….lol.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This is going to be a bit long winded but I am very confused at this point what’s really going on.

As most of you know, prior to mid year 2019, if you want to register Bosch tools, if it’s a “power tool” like drills, saws, drivers, routers etc…it was recommended that you go register them at the Provantage account to get 3 years of warranty out of it, but if it’s other Bosch tools like laser measure, laser level, wall scanner etc you can register that at Boschtools.com, so we had to create two separate accounts.

Some time during 2019 the Provantage account was disabled, and I was no longer able to log in. I called Bosch and was told at the time they are merging the two accounts and it will take some time for this effort. No problem. It seems others were having the same problem.

Since then I called Bosch twice, I think once in October 2019 and another time in March 2020, and was told the merging of the accounts are ongoing and its taking longer.

Then in September 2020 I was not able to log in to the Boschtools.com, after calling Bosch they told me I need to create a Bosch ID and will be able to access my information. After some back and forth I was able to access my old Boschtools.com and saw the tools registered under the old Boschtools.com account, but not the ones on the Provantage account.

However, I have seen a few people in here mentioned they are able to see all their registered tools for months now. So in September I contacted Bosch and asked them if they are still migrating the accounts, they said yes. I then asked them if they can see the tools registered in my old Provantage account (the ones I can’t see now), they said yes. I then asked them to please send me a list of those tools so I can cross reference them. Two weeks later I received a list and that list include some of the tools in the Boschtools.com (which I can see), but NONE of the tools in the Provantage account. I emailed back and said there must have been a mistake because I do not see any tools in my Provantage account on that list. I wonder if the data in my Provantage account has been lost. They said they will need to escalate this to a higher level support to see what’s going on. It’s been a few weeks and nothing yet.

It now looks to me my tools in Provantage may not be pending migration, but there is some glitch going on. Will update when I know more.

@Miamicuse WOW that’s pretty strange , I really hope they get it all fixed up for you.
    If they are all over ,3 years old , I guess that warranty issue is not a problem , but it still would be nice to have incase for insurance purposes and just to be able to reference them

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but it still would be nice to have incase for insurance purposes and just to be able to reference them

Knock on wood my Bosch tools have all been running great, but it is nice to have a list of them on-line.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 10 posts - 281 through 290 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.623 seconds