dcsimg

Bosch – Provantage

Viewing 9 posts - 221 through 229 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I registered the new light in the Boschtools.com site last night. It went in without any issue and it says the tool is eligible for the Provantage benefits. I am not sure what that means perhaps all new tools registered will get 3 years instead of 2? If so then everyone is Provantage then may be it’s easier and less confusing to just say Provantage is the new basic standard.

I still don’t get Maxvantage PRO. Is Maxvantage Pro a higher repair service level than Maxvantage?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I believe a tool in the Provantage system gets you an additional year of warranty. I have not heard of Maxvantage.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I believe a tool in the Provantage system gets you an additional year of warranty. I have not heard of Maxvantage.

That is correct. In the past if you bought a power tool if you registered that in the BoschTools.com you get two years of warranty, if you create a Provantage account and register it there you get 3 years. Now the Provantage web site is gone and they are in the process of merging the two together. So I went to register a tool in the BoschTools.com and once registered it says this tool is “eligible” for Provantage Protection. Not sure what “eligible” means if that means I need to take another step to get that under Provantage or it’s something automatic. Now if something automatic then it seems there is no need for Provantage, essentially no difference between a “regular” registration and a Provantage registration. Will have a better idea eventually when they finish merging the sites together. Right now all my previously registered tools are invisible.

As for Maxvantage that is a repair service. I think if you enroll in that there is a quicker turn around time. There seems to be also a Maxvantage Pro not sure if it’s an even higher level service.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

As for Maxvantage that is a repair service. I think if you enroll in that there is a quicker turn around time. There seems to be also a Maxvantage Pro not sure if it’s an even higher level service.

I think I recall seeing that there is a limit to the cost of repair as well relative to the cost of replacement.

When I was selling industrial tools, a big selling feature was a parts/complete price ratio less than 2:1. In other words, if you could buy all the parts and build a complete tool for less than twice the price of an assembled complete tool, you had a competitive advantage. An important consideration for production tools.

I believe the Maxvantage program guarantees reasonable repair cost.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I registered the new light in the Boschtools.com site last night. It went in without any issue and it says the tool is eligible for the Provantage benefits. I am not sure what that means perhaps all new tools registered will get 3 years instead of 2? If so then everyone is Provantage then may be it’s easier and less confusing to just say Provantage is the new basic standard.

I still don’t get Maxvantage PRO. Is Maxvantage Pro a higher repair service level than Maxvantage?

Well thank you for the update , I’ll have to get on the Bosch site sometimes soon and see if my accounts have been merged.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ll have to get on the Bosch site sometimes soon and see if my accounts have been merged.

Used to be you had to register the ProVantage stuff on a separate sit. Now you can just check a box when you register a tool and provide your ProVantage number and you’re all set, it will register the tool both places.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I’ll have to get on the Bosch site sometimes soon and see if my accounts have been merged.

Used to be you had to register the ProVantage stuff on a separate sit. Now you can just check a box when you register a tool and provide your ProVantage number and you’re all set, it will register the tool both places.

I will have check this all out. When I have more time and when I am on my lap top.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Well thank you for the update , I’ll have to get on the Bosch site sometimes soon and see if my accounts have been merged.

Thanks for the info @Miamicuse I just finished updating my info , it’s all good now , the only thing is I don’t see my probably 10 year old 12 volt tools any longer , not a big deal , maybe after a while they delete them ?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Thanks for the info @Miamicuse I just finished updating my info , it’s all good now , the only thing is I don’t see my probably 10 year old 12 volt tools any longer , not a big deal , maybe after a while they delete them ?

No idea if they delete old tools information. I do not see any of my 18v power tools previously registered under Provantage yet showing up in the Boschtools.com account, probably will take a while. I assume you are seeing yours because you registered yours under Boschtools.com before?

Viewing 9 posts - 221 through 229 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.510 seconds