dcsimg

Bosch – Provantage

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I registered the new light in the Boschtools.com site last night. It went in without any issue and it says the tool is eligible for the Provantage benefits. I am not sure what that means perhaps all new tools registered will get 3 years instead of 2? If so then everyone is Provantage then may be it’s easier and less confusing to just say Provantage is the new basic standard.

I still don’t get Maxvantage PRO. Is Maxvantage Pro a higher repair service level than Maxvantage?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I believe a tool in the Provantage system gets you an additional year of warranty. I have not heard of Maxvantage.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I believe a tool in the Provantage system gets you an additional year of warranty. I have not heard of Maxvantage.

That is correct. In the past if you bought a power tool if you registered that in the BoschTools.com you get two years of warranty, if you create a Provantage account and register it there you get 3 years. Now the Provantage web site is gone and they are in the process of merging the two together. So I went to register a tool in the BoschTools.com and once registered it says this tool is “eligible” for Provantage Protection. Not sure what “eligible” means if that means I need to take another step to get that under Provantage or it’s something automatic. Now if something automatic then it seems there is no need for Provantage, essentially no difference between a “regular” registration and a Provantage registration. Will have a better idea eventually when they finish merging the sites together. Right now all my previously registered tools are invisible.

As for Maxvantage that is a repair service. I think if you enroll in that there is a quicker turn around time. There seems to be also a Maxvantage Pro not sure if it’s an even higher level service.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

As for Maxvantage that is a repair service. I think if you enroll in that there is a quicker turn around time. There seems to be also a Maxvantage Pro not sure if it’s an even higher level service.

I think I recall seeing that there is a limit to the cost of repair as well relative to the cost of replacement.

When I was selling industrial tools, a big selling feature was a parts/complete price ratio less than 2:1. In other words, if you could buy all the parts and build a complete tool for less than twice the price of an assembled complete tool, you had a competitive advantage. An important consideration for production tools.

I believe the Maxvantage program guarantees reasonable repair cost.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I registered the new light in the Boschtools.com site last night. It went in without any issue and it says the tool is eligible for the Provantage benefits. I am not sure what that means perhaps all new tools registered will get 3 years instead of 2? If so then everyone is Provantage then may be it’s easier and less confusing to just say Provantage is the new basic standard.

I still don’t get Maxvantage PRO. Is Maxvantage Pro a higher repair service level than Maxvantage?

Well thank you for the update , I’ll have to get on the Bosch site sometimes soon and see if my accounts have been merged.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ll have to get on the Bosch site sometimes soon and see if my accounts have been merged.

Used to be you had to register the ProVantage stuff on a separate sit. Now you can just check a box when you register a tool and provide your ProVantage number and you’re all set, it will register the tool both places.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I’ll have to get on the Bosch site sometimes soon and see if my accounts have been merged.

Used to be you had to register the ProVantage stuff on a separate sit. Now you can just check a box when you register a tool and provide your ProVantage number and you’re all set, it will register the tool both places.

I will have check this all out. When I have more time and when I am on my lap top.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Well thank you for the update , I’ll have to get on the Bosch site sometimes soon and see if my accounts have been merged.

Thanks for the info @Miamicuse I just finished updating my info , it’s all good now , the only thing is I don’t see my probably 10 year old 12 volt tools any longer , not a big deal , maybe after a while they delete them ?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Thanks for the info @Miamicuse I just finished updating my info , it’s all good now , the only thing is I don’t see my probably 10 year old 12 volt tools any longer , not a big deal , maybe after a while they delete them ?

No idea if they delete old tools information. I do not see any of my 18v power tools previously registered under Provantage yet showing up in the Boschtools.com account, probably will take a while. I assume you are seeing yours because you registered yours under Boschtools.com before?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Just an update.

I still do not have my tools previously registered appearing on Boschtools.com as I logged into check today to register a new laser level.

I called Bosch support and they told me they are still working hard on it as it’s a lot of data to move over and their IT department doing the best they can. I remember last time in 2019 they told me it would be completed in early 2020 and now it’s March 2020. I asked about a target date and he said they do not have one other than they are doing their best. In the mean time if you need support of a tool you have registered but cannot access then you need to call them they can look it up on their side.

Well thanks for the update , unfortunately you can’t see them , but at least they still can help you , just might be longer by phone 🤷

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I still do not have my tools previously registered appearing on Boschtools.com as I logged into check today to register a new laser level.

With me it looks like they only show the last 20-25 tools registered on the Bosch site. ProVantage is spotty. You can now register both with Bosch and ProVantage at the same time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

it’s almost August 2020 and my tools from Provantage are still missing in the registration. I wonder how much longer this process will take and whether I may be the only one having this issue?

If you had previously registered tools with Provantage are you seeing the tools showing up as registered under Boschtools.com?

it’s almost August 2020 and my tools from Provantage are still missing in the registration. I wonder how much longer this process will take and whether I may be the only one having this issue?

If you had previously registered tools with Provantage are you seeing the tools showing up as registered under Boschtools.com?

Funny , I just tried to check in by using my smartphone , couldn’t do it , I’ll check it out when I have time on the p/c
    Actually I’m going to try from the Bosch app
    Could not do it 🤷‍♂️

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Mine are there, you have to realize only the last 20 tools are displayed.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Mine are there, you have to realize only the last 20 tools are displayed.

I only see 5 tools total. Nothing else. Those 5 tools were registered under Bosch tools. None of the tools registered under Provantage is listed.

By the way I tried logging into Boschtools.com just now and kept getting an error. I wonder if the site is off for maintenance or my account is acting up.

Doobie

It’s probably still being worked on. Sure is taking long enough though.

Funny thing , I brought the IDH182 I won off IG into Tony tools to service , they asked if I had the bill , I told them no but I can show them my Bosch registration tools , they looked at the page and Saw my impact , and said not a problem ,.
    Fixed extremely fast and shipped back to me also the following day.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Anyone able to log into boschtools.com?

Doobie

Anyone able to log into boschtools.com?

I couldn’t get it to work. I tried a password reset for what would be either of two email addresses I would have used and got nothing back.

Their whole online portal for tool registration users seems to be a mess. Then again, I know they were doing massive changes to all things internet related at Bosch in the past many months. This is likely just one element that is not yet done maybe.

I know when I spoke to them early this summer when registerimg a tool and asking about how I see my tools online they said that while I couldn’t yet, they had on their end all tools registered either from my regular account or my Provantage account. Rep confirmed that by telling me he counted a total of tools registered in my name that were in my mind all tools I had under both accounts for me.

I learned a long time ago it is worth registering power tools. Especially if there is something like a battery recall. I had this happen a long time ago with Milwaukee that alerted me to the importance of this. Ended up getting all my batteries replaced along with chargers for free because the charhers and batteries under certain scenarios could cause a fire. My tools and batteries weren’t even registered with them. Caught wind of the recall via another forum talking about it at the time. People who were registered got notices. This was maybe 12-15 years ago. The condition was such that if those old NiCad batteries at the time were too depleted and inserted into their chargers, the chargers would not charge and cause an overload/heat build up condition many hours later that could start a fire.

The other reason to register your tools, especially if you own a lot of the wares of a particular brand is customer/user loyalty/lenience. A rep sees you have a lot of their tools, even outside of warranty – within reasonable limits, you can get them to pick up the tab sometimes.

Having a lot of tools registered also makes it that they won’t usually bug you to prove purchase dates also with either needing them to confirm your registration at the outset of your tool with a sales receipt, or upon a warranty repair claim.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 283 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.773 seconds