dcsimg

Bosch Production Air Tools

This topic contains 33 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  supimeister 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Are you sure those are available in the US? Looks like something you would see that’s typically sold in Europe.

I honestly don’t know. I just ran across them on Bosch’s site and was very intrigued by them. I have yet to meet anyone here at BTP who works a job where such a tool would be beneficial for them, but I am still curious as to how Bosch’s production air tools rank amongst other competitors in terms of quality and whatnot.

John S

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Now I’m a little curious to know if there are a lot of tools made by Bosch they won’t sell here. Festool has a lot it seems.

Now I’m a little curious to know if there are a lot of tools made by Bosch they won’t sell here. Festool has a lot it seems.

We haven’t come up with a ton of products that we’d want to see here, but here is a topic relating to Bosch NAINA we are curious in 🙂

I am most curious about their track saw, but that is for another topic 🙂

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/overseas-bosch-tools/

John S

Anonymous

I would be very interested in their air tools, I still use air tools because you just can’t get the big power in electric like for big 3/4″ drive impacts and reamers. I guess they are more for mechanical use.

I know these would be ok in electric but since I have them I’ll still use them like a Rivet gun, Die grinder, Angle grinder, Brad/Stapler and a drill just to name a few. Hence the need for a 60 gallon air compressor

Anonymous

I’d hop on that wagon. Bosch hand tools would be great.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

It has been in the market for years, and it only available for manufacturer.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I have had 25 years or so selling production air tools and in my experience RO sanders show up more often than not in furniture and cabinet shops. Drills, screwdrivers and big grinders used as routers are popular as well but not in the same numbers.
    Main problem is cost. 1 HP of air tool power requires at least 15 HP of compressor power! IIRC 1 HP air tool uses 30 cfm.
    Air tools do last longer between rebuilds and can be overloaded and stalled without damage unlike electric tools. Air tools are also simple to rebuild.
    Brushless DC electric will be the technology that wins IMO.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I used to buy a lot of air tools (I still have plenty) but lately all cordless. When I use a tool 9 out of 10 times I’ll reach for the cordless first when in other times I would of used the air tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

As a diy’er I don’t generally need the power of the air tool and I don’t have the compressor to handle it. I also hate having to get out the compressor and start it up and plug in the hose. With electric it is grab and go.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I would be very interested in their air tools, I still use air tools because you just can’t get the big power in electric like for big 3/4″ drive impacts and reamers. I guess they are more for mechanical use.

I know these would be ok in electric but since I have them I’ll still use them like a Rivet gun, Die grinder, Angle grinder, Brad/Stapler and a drill just to name a few. Hence the need for a 60 gallon air compressor

I too have a lot of air tools and will grab one of them first while working in the garage. That’s the benefit of having a charged 60GAL at all times.

I used to buy a lot of air tools (I still have plenty) but lately all cordless. When I use a tool 9 out of 10 times I’ll reach for the cordless first when in other times I would of used the air tool.

I have read a lot of good things about the BOSCH cordless impact (IDH182-01L) and have it on my wish list.
    If I had access to more cordless tool, I would probably reach for them first if they could do the job I needed.
    Would sure beat having to roll out the hose and making sure it stays out of the way.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have read a lot of good things about the BOSCH cordless impact (IDH182-01L) and have it on my wish list.

I like mine. It is my go to impact. Unless something is crazy tight the IDH182 will handle it. Plus no hoses to trip over.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

I had no idea that Bosch made air tools as well. John, thank you for posting this link. I learned something new.

BryanT

8Chev wrote:
    I like mine. It is my go to impact. Unless something is crazy tight the IDH182 will handle it. Plus no hoses to trip over.

I just picked one up with the expectation it would handle most anything. I have to same feeling that if the cordless works, it is a lot easier than firing up the compressor and moving hoses around. I would be curious if they have a ROS in their lineup.

There is a very different market for these Bosch production air tools than the cordless offerings we are familiar with. But I definitely agree that it is way easier to just have a battery to deal with than a compressor + hose.

John S

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.330 seconds