dcsimg

Bosch Production Air Tools

This topic contains 33 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  supimeister 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Any of you ever have experience with Bosch’s production air tools line?

http://www.boschproductiontools.com/iwboptocs2-en/category.htm

John S

Personally I have not. I have a compressor. Maybe I
    should look into it. Thanks for the link

woodman_412

I didn’t know that Bosch made production air tools. I don’t think they would be that practical in my shop but I’m sure in very large shops they would be.

Dan

danpattison.com

Yeah I didn’t figure that small shops would be using them, but I imagine they are quite the tools!

John S

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I don’t think you will find anyone on this site that uses these tools. From what I understand, production tools are very specific, I personally need a more versatile tool for a variety of tasks.

woodman_412

I think you’re right Brian about needing tools to be more versatile, especially in a one man shop. I would never use an air drill in my shop for example because cordless is just so much more convenient and versatile, you don’t need to be close to a compressor or an outlet to use it.

Dan

danpattison.com

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Cordless drills are great for versatility. Unless you start making prefab cabinets, air tools are for mechanics.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

its not really surprising really, they already make power tools and since they also make parts for vehicles why wouldnt they make tools for autoshops to use

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I think they need to start making hand tools, everyone else does.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i can see it happening. for all we know it might be in development as we speak

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Yes and yes – I would love to see Bosch hand tools. They are definitely late to the game if they are thinking about it

John S

woodman_412

I wonder how profitable a hand tool line would be for a company like Bosch. I think it would be great to see some Bosch hand tools though. I think brand loyalty and brand reputation would play a big part in coming out with a hand tool line. People that already know that Bosch makes great tools would be inclined to buy hand tools made by them, I know I would.

Dan

danpattison.com

mark
    Pro
    Jackson, TN

I was unaware of Bosh’s service air tools. They’ll have a task comparing with Ingersol-Rand though. Bosh also has a line of OTC branded automotive tools and equipment that’s good stuff.

Dan – I think Bosch would probably try to partner with a company and just rebrand, rather than manufacturing from scratch. Or I suppose they could purchase a company and then “rebrand”… both of which I am sure are no small undertakings

John S

woodman_412

I think you’re right John. It would be nice to see a hand tool line to compete with the new DeWalt hand tools and other manufacturers that have come out with some.

Dan

danpattison.com

Yeah!! Thanks for joining the bandwagon! Let’s start a petition!!

John S

I saw a review recently on a new 23 gauge pin nailer from Bosch. Received a good review. Was not available at my local Menards though.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I would guess that the air tools are part of their automotive service grroup. They recent bought a local company that males all sorts of tools for the automotive industry. They have rebranded all of the tools from OTC brand to Bosch.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Are you sure those are available in the US? Looks like something you would see that’s typically sold in Europe.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I think they need to start making hand tools, everyone else does.

I agree 100% with this. Bosch excels in ergonomics and design so it would be a natural fit to get into the hand tool game.

I haven’t got into pneumatic tools but I can imagine in a production shop they would be advantageous since I bet they have a much longer life.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.585 seconds