dcsimg

Bosch website redesign- Help with bugs

Viewing 19 posts - 381 through 399 (of 399 total)
  • Author

I had no idea that you could highlight and select only a portion of a previous post, and then press quote, and only that portion would appear in the quote. I can see where that would be infinitely easier than having to navigate through the jibberish to eliminate some of the thread string redundancy that bogs down reading.

What?! That’s news to me too. Thanks for highlighting that @cb I had no idea either, and that’s way easier to use than the “quote” function.

Thanks for that, I always used to quote the whole darn thing, sorry for my ignorance guys.
    Maybe they are right 🙁 can’t teach an old dog new tricks lol

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

you could highlight and select only a portion of a previous post, and then press quote, and only that portion would appear in the quote

Sometimes I want to let people know when I see mile long post quoted,,,, But I don’t.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I had no idea that you could highlight and select only a portion of a previous post, and then press quote, and only that portion would appear in the quote. I can see where that would be infinitely easier than having to navigate through the jibberish to eliminate some of the thread string redundancy that bogs down reading.

I didn’t know this either. I guess you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the tip.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@cb apparently that quote trick only works on desktop – I tried on my iPhone, and it didn’t allow me to just quote the selected portion. Which is a bummer since that’s mostly how I use the forum. Oh well, it’ll be a nice trick for the occasional desktop weigh in.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@cb apparently that quote trick only works on desktop – I tried on my iPhone, and it didn’t allow me to just quote the selected portion. Which is a bummer since that’s mostly how I use the forum. Oh well, it’ll be a nice trick for the occasional desktop weigh in.

Oh I see,, I only use my desk top.

Dirty

cmeyer25 wrote:

@cb
    apparently that quote trick only works on desktop

Not true. I just used it now from my iPhone

@cb apparently that quote trick only works on desktop – I tried on my iPhone, and it didn’t allow me to just quote the selected portion.

Just gave it a try from my BlackBerry smartphone?

Not exactly what I had in mind, will give it another try in another thread

Doobie

I can do select quotating on my tablet and my android Blacberry Priv. Been doin it forever that way.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It has been awhile since I had any issues. Tonight I went to submit a post and when I hit the submit button. I was logged out and I lost my post. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues.

Greg

Doobie

It has been awhile since I had any issues. Tonight I went to submit a post and when I hit the submit button. I was logged out and I lost my post. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues.

That happens a lot to me on my tablet when I’m typically starting to post on a new day. Just use your back button. Select and save the post to your clipboard. Log out and log back in. Then you can paste your post contents and submit.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That happens a lot to me on my tablet when I’m typically starting to post on a new day

I was using my laptop when this happen. It wasn’t my first post of the day. This happened around my 6th one.

Just use your back button. Select and save the post to your clipboard. Log out and log back in. Then you can paste your post contents and submit.

So when this happens I just need to hit my back button and follow your instructions?

Greg

Doobie

That happens a lot to me on my tablet when I’m typically starting to post on a new day

I was using my laptop when this happen. It wasn’t my first post of the day. This happened around my 6th one.

Just use your back button. Select and save the post to your clipboard. Log out and log back in. Then you can paste your post contents and submit.

So when this happens I just need to hit my back button and follow your instructions?

Yep. And it doesn’t necessarily happen on a first post of the day. It can happen anytime, but most often it happens when I’m starting out with the first few entries in a day often from using an alreay open tab from the previous day.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Yep. And it doesn’t necessarily happen on a first post of the day. It can happen anytime

Ok.

often from using an alreay open tab from the previous day.

Maybe this is what happen. I was using a tab that was open from the previous day. I am sure I have used tabs that were open from the previous day before without any problems.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yep. And it doesn’t necessarily happen on a first post of the day. It can happen anytime

Ok.

often from using an alreay open tab from the previous day.

Maybe this is what happen. I was using a tab that was open from the previous day. I am sure I have used tabs that were open from the previous day before without any problems.

Your session had time out and you need to relog in. If I have post in tabs from the day before I log out then back in before I post those tabs.

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Your session had time out and you need to relog in. If I have post in tabs from the day before I log out then back in before I post those tabs.

I have done this before with no problems until now. No biggie just wondered what happen or if anyone else was having issues.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have done this before with no problems until now. No biggie just wondered what happen or if anyone else was having issues.

Then after you log out & back in you need to reload the tabs or you will get the message “are you sure you want to do that”

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Then after you log out & back in you need to reload the tabs or you will get the message “are you sure you want to do that”

Ok I will have to remember this for the next time.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

are you sure you want to do that

I didn’t know you could do this. A new feature for me.

Doobie

In the unexpected event that somebody at Bosch still monitors this thread to alert Bosch internally that there is any issues with your site and such, you’re ProVantage site is either down or such that we all get security warnings it is not to be accessed. FWIW.

Viewing 19 posts - 381 through 399 (of 399 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.916 seconds