dcsimg

Bosch website redesign- Help with bugs

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 399 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The router bits still don’t specify the radius (attribute F) in the index. Pretty much the one thing you want to see there. If your looking for a 3/8″ round over bit, you ought to be able to pick it out of the index.

Oh I didn’t see that I just look at the tools.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Have to agree the new layout looks very nice. I am sure the kinks will get worked out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

the new layout looks nice but what happened to design essentials where as soon as i access the page and get all pertinent information at one glance without having to mess with scrolling?

Congrats on the new site launch @bethepro !

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Just a couple of quirks they need to work out but it is easier to navigate. Hope they get the tool registration page fixed.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

woodman_412

Wow I didn’t realize that the site had been redone. It looks really good and I find it’s a much cleaner and easier to navigate layout. Sounds like there are a few hiccups in it but I’m sure they will get sorted out over time.

Dan

danpattison.com

I like the new site, easy clean layout on both computers and tablets, I did notice a typo or two, but that is minor compared to usability.

Will

Doobie

I spent quite a while on it last nite. It’s way better now imo.

Kevin6
    Pro

Hey BTPers! Yes, we have been sneaky and launched a new site, which we are debugging this week. Next week we will officially announce it and promote it. Keep the comments coming, as we have had a team making fixes all day! Anyways- easier search, better mobile design, interesting articles, more content.
    The reviews and registrations will be back up tomorrow and we are fixing some SEO/missing link items every minute. We hope it is easier and more informative. Keep the feedback coming though!

Kevin6
    Pro

Feel free to post links to suggested fixes or im/email them.
    kevin.enke@us.bosch.com

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Glad the feedback is mostly positive. The new version of the site is to make it much easier to find products using the Finder utility. The site is now responsive so it is optimized for tablet and phone which is where over 50% of site entrances begin. Love the fact that you are all documenting issues – the digital team thanks you. As you can imagine with any reboot of a site there will be some growing pains, but with your input we will get the bugs out and hopefully see greater engagement with our audience. Coming soon we will have blog content on the site which will help with questions about how to use certain tools or how they stand up to user’s use and abuse. Thanks again.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

oops. my bad..earlier i stated that the format was very large.. didnt realize i had my browser settings at 170% zoom… i had been looking at a site that was very small formatted earlier in the day so i had to zoom.

very simply clean format thouhg.. some of the other tool manufacteres sites are very hit or miss for navigating or its a matter of highlighting a section for a subsection to pop up then it disappears

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@kevin6,
    I hope they fix the tool registration info.

I was just able to login and register my new GCM12SD but the site now shows that that is the only tool I have registered.

Hope it’s just a matter of porting over the data from the old site?
    Also the reviews are all gone for all tools.

— Glenn Botting

Kevin6
    Pro

@Frank
    Both are at the top of the punch list. They worked last week and are being fixed in the connection to data source. All data is in tact. Now you can’t register tools on the site yet, but we do have past records that will come over. Reviews can be entered in line but are not visible yet. We hope to fix this by tomorrow morning. Thanks!

I find it refreshing that a company actually interacts with the customers and listens. That makes Bosch a winner in my books.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

I find it refreshing that a company actually interacts with the customers and listens. That makes Bosch a winner in my books.

I agree. Lots of good companies makes good tools, but Bosch is head and shoulders above the others with customer care

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The link to user manual seems to be gone in the new website. The old one had some manuals, I’d love to see all products having PDF version of manual available. Not only it’s good for people who lost theirs, but for potential buyer who wants to know if the product has the specific feature he is looking for.

Doobie

I can’t wait til they add the rest of the enhancements. The more I go and use it, which I have quite a bit since it came online yesterday, the more I like it and forget about the old style.

I like that there is a scroll-able bar for images of the tool or it in action.

I like that there’s of a floating pane for clicking onto to the “buy now” clickable link.

It’s a lot more functional imo so far.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It’s been a very smooth and fluid experience on the Bosch site now. All the links I visited seemed to be working.

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Frank
    Both are at the top of the punch list. They worked last week and are being fixed in the connection to data source. All data is in tact. Now you can’t register tools on the site yet, but we do have past records that will come over. Reviews can be entered in line but are not visible yet. We hope to fix this by tomorrow morning. Thanks!

That sounds great, I will keep an eye out on that part.

The link to user manual seems to be gone in the new website. The old one had some manuals, I’d love to see all products having PDF version of manual available. Not only it’s good for people who lost theirs, but for potential buyer who wants to know if the product has the specific feature he is looking for.

@jzmtl,
    Scroll right to the bottom of the tool page your on. Right under SUPPORT there is a spot for the manual.

— Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 399 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.420 seconds