dcsimg

Bosch website redesign- Help with bugs

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 399 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I use what I would now deem an old Samsung G4 tablet and have very little issue using this site compared to slightly better on my desktop. In fact, I’d say that 90% of my activity on this forum is on my tablet.

Doobie

OT Warning!

I’m not even sure since Kevin Enke left whether we should still be posting spotted errors or missing elements we find on the Bosch website here any longer, but here goes anyways…

The Bosch SDS Max HS1918 floor scrapper should have it’s replacement blades indicated on its product page and/or maybe also the SDS-Max accessory attachment page with it’s own product page.

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/sds-max-hammer-steel-hs1918-29546-p/

I just spent a good hour trying to find this tool’s replacememts blades product number online which is # 2610992179. It is nowhere currently on the Bosch NA site anywhere I can find.

Also, are there the screws that can be ordered from Bosch as well to affix the blades. I read some commemts that the screws wear out over time and if you use the wrong ones it will cause the blades to wear/break prematurely. Seems that replacement blades don’t come with a new set of screws.

Jim, are we still to use this thread for these kinds of things?

@bethepro

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Yes and we follow up with the UX team to ensure they are getting the messages. We have forwarded this onto the web team.

Thanks,

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

@bethepro…wanted to let you know that the link to the GAA18V-24N, 18v portable power adapter is broken.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Clev08
    Pro

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/line-lasers-gsl-2-37290-p/
    This is the link to the surface laser (GSL2) on the rewards list that takes me to a “page not found” page
    It’s the bottom item in the screenshot.

Attachments:
    xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

I noticed the other day that the multipurpose bits are hard to find. I couldn’t find them going through the products navigation and was searching all sorts of drill bit keywords except multipurpose. I kept searching multimaterial and even just drill bits. I wen’t elsewhere online and found the product model number to find them and that worked. Even a search for multipurpose bits brings up lasers. A search for the exact product number doesn’t even bring them up. MP500T.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/medium-torque-drive-fasten-mp500t-39261-p/

j

Doobie

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/line-lasers-gsl-2-37290-p/
    This is the link to the surface laser (GSL2) on the rewards list that takes me to a “page not found” page
    It’s the bottom item in the screenshot.

I’m almost certain it’s been discontinued. I was looking for it also a fewdays ago on the Bosch site and couldn’t find it either. Finding it online at different retailers shows some with ‘discontinued’ on them as well.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Also the 1619EVS router link is no found.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The quote option has stopped working for me. Either selecting quote for the whole message or selecting a portion and hitting quote does nothing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The quote option has stopped working for me. Either selecting quote for the whole message or selecting a portion and hitting quote does nothing.

It seem to be working for me.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Well if you see my post, it’s working for me. That’s usually how I’m responding? Not sure if it is the right way?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Well if you see my post, it’s working for me. That’s usually how I’m responding? Not sure if it is the right way?

I am not having any problems using the the quote button. I also see you post Brian.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I am not having any problems using the the quote button. I also see you post Brian.

I actually wonder that now that Jim is gone whether this thread is known by the powers that now be to follow it for fixes and such like it was setup for. You may want to PM the @ bethepro to let admin know Bill if the problem persists for you instead.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I actually wonder that now that Jim is gone whether this thread is known by the powers that now be to follow it for fixes and such like it was setup for. You may want to PM the @ bethepro to let admin know Bill if the problem persists for you instead.

I think this ship is afloat without a captain!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Not so sure there’s even a crew anymore.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Maybe @Dadgineer has some connections and could let all of us know what is going on. Seems like we are forgotten .

CB
    Blocked

The quote option has stopped working for me. Either

1. Selecting quote for the whole message

or

2. selecting a portion and hitting quote

does nothing.

Well if you see my post, it’s working for me.

This is a test post to establish that the quote feature still works for me just as well as it worked for the other two members in this multiquote stream.

This post is to also highlight and enumerate (in bold) the two methods that TheAMCGuy said to have used when quotes did not work for him. Note that both of these methods involve “selecting” either all or a portion of the post desired to be quoted, and also note that neither of these methods were ones that I used to successfully post this quote.

Therefore, I suspect that the two techniques being attempted as listed in the quote above are at issue, not the quote feature in the website. To successfully place a quote in a post, no “selection” is necessary. I will later test both methods 1 and 2 above myself, to see if the pre selection of all or a portion of the post actually inhibits the quote feature from working.

A known good method of making post quotes is simply clicking the word quote above the post that is desired to be quoted. A text box will then appear containing the quoted post, bracketed by a bunch of coding jibberish. If only a portion of the quote is desired, wait before doing any selections until the text box appears with the bunch of jibberish. Then the quote can be edited, as I edited the quote above, highlighting the two techniques that were used where quotes were reported not be working.

I’m going to test those two techniques now, to see if these suspicions are correct.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

CB
    Blocked

theamcguy wrote:

My suspicions were WRONG!

Let me try again without selecting the original poster…

CB
    Blocked

Maybe @dadgineer has some connections and could let all of us know what is going on. Seems like we are forgotten .

This confirms that my suspicions were wrong… and I probably would never have learned about a feature of how this website works.. without sticking my foot in my mouth on this thread here today.

I had no idea that you could highlight and select only a portion of a previous post, and then press quote, and only that portion would appear in the quote. I can see where that would be infinitely easier than having to navigate through the jibberish to eliminate some of the thread string redundancy that bogs down reading.

You no doubt have seen quoted posts riddled with so many rectangles within rectangles within rectangles… all containing material you’ve already read now three or four times in the previous quoted posts. But it is so much work to edit through the jibberish, and yet since threads can often propeller into different directions simultaneously, a context is desired to be established and linked to a comment.

Well, making selections in the post as presented, prior to hitting the quote link, is far easier to maintain context, without dragging the entire burden of cascading rectangles of earlier quotes that have been already read ad nauseum. I am glad to have learned that, even while somewhat embarrassed as to how I learned it.

Be that as it may, the quotes feature remains working, so now I would encourage anyone who still experiences quoting problems to investigate their browser settings, cookie handling, javascript, or other related issues with their own device… none of which I am qualified to help with.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I had no idea that you could highlight and select only a portion of a previous post, and then press quote, and only that portion would appear in the quote. I can see where that would be infinitely easier than having to navigate through the jibberish to eliminate some of the thread string redundancy that bogs down reading.

What?! That’s news to me too. Thanks for highlighting that @CB I had no idea either, and that’s way easier to use than the “quote” function.

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 399 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.043 seconds