dcsimg

Bosch website redesign- Help with bugs

This topic contains 398 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 399 total)
  • Author

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Anyone else notice that the Power Tools for Professionals website has been revamped?
    Whole new look to it.

http://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/power-tools-22064-c/

Even the Accessories pages. Wonder if it’s easier to navigate to find certain accessories?

http://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/power-tool-accessories-22066-c/

@bethepro
    EDIT:::
    The one big part missing in this upgrade to the site are all the reviews. I know I have written a couple.

Hope that they are just slow in porting everything over?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Even the Accessories pages. Wonder if it’s easier to navigate to find certain accessories?

I just found a bad link in it already. When you go to click on Table Saws, you get the page set up for Table Saw Stands only.

I do like how they have changed the navigational structure to one that is orientated to what you do.

I just tried going to the prize page and clicking on one of the products. While the first one I clicked on didn’t work, others did.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I just found a bad link in it already. When you go to click on Table Saws, you get the page set up for Table Saw Stands only.

They must be working the kinks out, as that is now fixed.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Just found another one. The half sheet sander brings me to the main page only.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Made a quick visit; easy to navigate, user friendly.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

The rest of world Bosch sites got recently updated earlier on. Previously they were similar to the Bosch US/North America website. Now the Bosch US/North America website looks fairly different from the rest of world version.

The new site is also missing the “new tools” page from the previous one.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like the the new layout. Very easy to find the tools I’m looking for.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

monman1
    Pro

It looks good, nice and easy to find what im looking for.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Looks good but I hope they include more information on the products as well

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

its easy to navigate but teh format is way too big atleast on my end.. like others have said their probably still fine tuning it

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

its easy to navigate but teh format is way too big atleast on my end.. like others have said their probably still fine tuning it

It looks a bit big to me too. It feels like a site for tablets…I didn’t have any problems with the last site!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Its been a while since I saw it and it looks much different now .I like it ! Great improvement !

redwood
    Pro

Do they have charts yet showing the differences between similar tool models?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

It looks a bit big to me too. It feel like a site for tablets…I didn’t have any problems with the last site!

I could agree with that, could be sized down some for smaller screens

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I like the new layout. Looks good on my IPad.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It does seem a lot easier to navigate. I could like this change! Thanks for the heads up

A Working Pro since 2004

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

i like it…looks much better than before.
    now i gonna try out how easy or difficult it is to find certain items

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Do they have charts yet showing the differences between similar tool models?

That would be great, IMO. I feel like the last site did a poor job even listing the Same information about two similar items. Specs were not uniform between tools/accessories which makes it really difficult to compare anything. I would routinely use Amazon or other 3rd party sites to get an understanding of what I read on the Bosch site.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

The router bits still don’t specify the radius (attribute F) in the index. Pretty much the one thing you want to see there. If your looking for a 3/8″ round over bit, you ought to be able to pick it out of the index.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

The router bits still don’t specify the radius (attribute F) in the index. Pretty much the one thing you want to see there. If your looking for a 3/8″ round over bit, you ought to be able to pick it out of the index.

Gat their physical catalogue. I was looking for a measurement on their lock miter bit last week, and their hardcopy catalogue was the only place I could find it.

Speaking of catalogues, when are they gonna have a downloadable one on the internet available? I just don’t understand why they don’t have that available.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 5.736 seconds