dcsimg

Bosch Power Box

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Speaking of the USB port….I noticed that my iPod will not play through the USB, only the line-in port. I figured this was because my iPod is an older classic model? Anybody else have this issue?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Speaking of the USB port….I noticed that my iPod will not play through the USB, only the line-in port. I figured this was because my iPod is an older classic model? Anybody else have this issue?

I don’t have a PB but I believe the only way to play music through the USB is via a memory stick with mp3’s on it.

Apple uses the mp4 format.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

yes, same. When I first got it tried the usb…nothing. Went and got the other wire for input and it played.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

The outlets don’t work when it is not plugged in.

What about the USB port?

The USB port is only suppose to be powered when on 120v but I’ve found the battery does supply it a bit too, Enough to charge and run the BT receiver but not enough to charge my phone

Interesting, ok thanks.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Gee I wonder why Maybe it’s broken??

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I don’t have a PB but I believe the only way to play music through the USB is via a memory stick with mp3’s on it.

Apple uses the mp4 format.

I should have realized that when the box didn’t say Iphone/Ipod compatible….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Maybe they’ll add that feature to the updated version

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmmm, I don’t have an ‘Ipod’ player. I have an MP3 player though and the usb cord is only for charging or connecting to PC for up-downloading, At least I think that’s all it does as I’ve never tried to play out through it. It does that with a separate headphone/speaker or whatever 3.5mm port. I guess an Ipod & MP3 player must be different in that way, It works out good for me cuz I can charge it while using it by plugging both cords in at the same time

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

My Zune will only charge through the USB port. I must use one of the the in-line ports also to hear any jams.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Wow you have a zune? That’s so awesome

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have the Halo 3 Zune, looks like I need to dig it back out and throw it in the PB. I think the whole iPod thing and other music players playing through the USB port has to do with the file format and size. I tried to look, but couldn’t find what the size limitation is for the USB/SD Card slots.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I really think they should enable more ports to run off battery when it’s not plugged in. I realize its a radio, but in a pinch it would be nice to run a corded something off the powerbox powered by the battery. Yeah it’s going to drain the battery pretty quick but with the high Ah batteries coming out, that runtime keeps getting higher.

Also, it would be nice to throw a high Ah battery in there and turn the powerbox into a electrical source for emergency power running small things, even if your only charging flashlight batteries, cell phones, running a clock, etc. I’m sure it can be done, but im curious as to the reason why its limited.

@Bethepro
    – Any thoughts on this? Maybe a feature in a future update of the PowerBox (if there is a road map for this product).

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

I will forward on your comments to the appropriate PM here. We are always listening to users for suggestions and these are good ones.

Cheers,

jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Awesome. Thanks Jim.

I really think they should enable more ports to run off battery when it’s not plugged in. I realize its a radio, but in a pinch it would be nice to run a corded something off the powerbox powered by the battery. Yeah it’s going to drain the battery pretty quick but with the high Ah batteries coming out, that runtime keeps getting higher.

Also, it would be nice to throw a high Ah battery in there and turn the powerbox into a electrical source for emergency power running small things, even if your only charging flashlight batteries, cell phones, running a clock, etc. I’m sure it can be done, but im curious as to the reason why its limited.

@Bethepro – Any thoughts on this? Maybe a feature in a future update of the PowerBox (if there is a road map for this product).

Some of that would need an inverter built in to do that would it not? Or are you just talking 12v accessories running off the battery?

Andrew

I will forward on your comments to the appropriate PM here. We are always listening to users for suggestions and these are good ones.

Cheers,

jim

In all respect, is Bosch listening for the folks in North America as well?

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

@Bethepro – Any thoughts on this? Maybe a feature in a future update of the PowerBox (if there is a road map for this product).

Some of that would need an inverter built in to do that would it not? Or are you just talking 12v accessories running off the battery?

If you wanted to power something that ran off of household current you would need an inverter I would say. I don’t think it would make sense though, I would think that using an 18 volt battery for something like that would kill it pretty quick.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

That is what I thought too @ChadM. I wasn’t clear what he was wanting to run off the battery.

Andrew

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Hmmm, I don’t have an ‘Ipod’ player. I have an MP3 player though and the usb cord is only for charging or connecting to PC for up-downloading, At least I think that’s all it does as I’ve never tried to play out through it. It does that with a separate headphone/speaker or whatever 3.5mm port. I guess an Ipod & MP3 player must be different in that way, It works out good for me cuz I can charge it while using it by plugging both cords in at the same time

Sounds like the right way to do it, charge and play using two cords. I always use either Bluetooth to connect my mp3 player or a headphone jack to input. I don’t have a PB yet, but use either the Earuption Bluetooth speaker or my line in on my Bose.

A Working Pro since 2004

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

I thought it was awesome too but it appears they have been phased out? Tried to get one for my wife but had to settle for a dumb Ipod. She likes having the music but hates the device.

Anyway, IMO, adding an inverter sounds cool but I wouldn’t think it would be that practical. Plus that Powerbox has some weight to it as is. Gonna need a L-Cart just to tote it around. LOL

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘Bosch Power Box’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.468 seconds