dcsimg

Bosch Power Box 360 V2.0

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 871 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

you guys are lucky. Our streaming music sucks in Canada. I’ve been using the PB360 on the boat all summer. It works great. Using the airport express on the battery now so I can stream without being plugged in.

It would be nice if they included an airplay option but my airport hack is working.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I now download all my new stuff from there. It’s fast and easy

How’s that work?

There’s an app for it

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well at least I know the Bosch Powerbox can take a massive rainstorm and survive fine, not that I would recommend it at this time until it’s left in more rainfall.

I saw a tool fight of a bunch of radios on YouTube and they soaked all the radios. I was surprised how well they did in the wet.

Anybody know what IP rating the Bosch PB360s have?

It has an IP rating of 54.

http://jobsiteradioreviews.com/best-bosch-radio-review/

What is a IP rating And is that a good one?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

“IP (or “Ingress Protection”) ratings are defined in international standard EN 60529 (British BS EN 60529:1992, European IEC 60509:1989). They are used to define levels of sealing effectiveness of electrical enclosures against intrusion from foreign bodies (tools, dirt etc) and moisture.
    IP Ratings Explained – what do IP66, IP68 etc mean? | EuroBox …
    http://www.euroboxenclosures.co.uk/IP-Ratings-Explained.html

Doobie

Well at least I know the Bosch Powerbox can take a massive rainstorm and survive fine, not that I would recommend it at this time until it’s left in more rainfall.

I saw a tool fight of a bunch of radios on YouTube and they soaked all the radios. I was surprised how well they did in the wet.

It means it can take some rain and a lot of dust, but within limits. IP54 is basically decent rain, but don’t spray it with the garden hose type of protection. The 300 rotary laser is rated at IP54 and the 400 rotary laser is graded IP56 as it has a better housing around the laser head.

Read more about it here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

It means it can take some rain and a lot of dust, but within limits. IP54 is basically decent rain, but don’t spray it with the garden hose type of protection. The 300 rotary laser is rated at IP54 and the 400 rotary laser is graded IP56 as it has a better housing around the laser head.

I will take your word on the GLM400. I don’t plan on testing that one out.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

How about that Power Boxx!! Mine stays dry and I never use the blue teeth. I keep one in the kitchen and one for work.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It means it can take some rain and a lot of dust, but within limits. IP54 is basically decent rain,

Good to know the sensitive Bosch tools can take some rain and survive.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

How about that Power Boxx!! Mine stays dry and I never use the blue teeth. I keep one in the kitchen and one for work.

Mine has stayed dry too. It pretty much lives in my shop now.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Mine has got sprinkled on before, and never had any issues. I wouldn’t want to get it soaked though, just to be on the safe side.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Read more about it here.

I’d never heard of an IP rating, Amazing. I would hope the Jobsite radio would have a decent one…

Gee, I wonder if it floats lol? I think one of Yous should crank it up wide open and throw it in a pool and see what happens? Could make for an easy review…….Bubbles & silence, The end

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

OK, so the BT Bosch Power box was left in a serious storm. Worked perfect everything, right after, poured the water off under the handle before turn on 👌 Since it survived so well I’m very confident to leave it in another storm and massive rainfall tonight. Actually in 10 min…. It’s been a test that most of us here at BTP didn’t want to take even though we all know it’s a Bosch… 👍 Since it first happened by error and the results were fantastic, I’m having very little doubt it will fail. Will update and take pics as mother nature takes it course.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

OK, so the BT Bosch Power box was left in a serious storm. Worked perfect everything, right after, poured the water off under the handle before turn on 👌 Since it survived so well I’m very confident to leave it in another storm and massive rainfall tonight. Actually in 10 min…. It’s been a test that most of us here at BTP didn’t want to take even though we all know it’s a Bosch… 👍 Since it first happened by error and the results were fantastic, I’m having very little doubt it will fail. Will update and take pics as mother nature takes it course.

I know you’ve got balls Chris, but now you’re showing signs of insanity. Lol!

Thanks for finding that Ron. I never would have guessed it was that good of a rain rating. Didn’t @ChadM put one thru hell a while back? Or was that a dead one and it was a crush test of sorts instead?

Pic below of the reference in that link to the IP rating of the Bosch PB360.

I’d never heard of an IP rating, Amazing. I would hope the Jobsite radio would have a decent one…

I never did til I went and looked it up last fall. Kept on tripping over it looking at the different rotary lasers. I kept reading these IP ratings on the different product pages and got curious. I’m glad I did. The higher IP rating is one of the main reasons I opted for the Stabila digital level over the Bosch. I saw pics somewhere doing my research on the Stabila of guys using it in wet concrete……SOLD!

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

hanks for finding that Ron. I never would have guessed it was that good of a rain rating. Didn’t @chadm put one thru hell a while back? Or was that a dead one and it was a crush test of sorts instead?

Yeah, I put one through the paces a while ago…threw it off my 2nd floor deck, kicked it down some steps….never left it out in a rain storm though lol.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Doobie

hanks for finding that Ron. I never would have guessed it was that good of a rain rating. Didn’t @chadm put one thru hell a while back? Or was that a dead one and it was a crush test of sorts instead?

Yeah, I put one through the paces a while ago…threw it off my 2nd floor deck, kicked it down some steps….never left it out in a rain storm though lol.

Did it survive? Or did it end up busted up. I can’t recall seeing any end write-up on that or pics. Was there a thread you had started on it?

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Did it survive?

Yup,a little scratched up but it still works. I know I took some pics and wrote some stuff but I’m not sure what thread it was in.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Doobie

Hey, does anybody know how long it takes to charge a battery in a plugged in box? Is it just mine, or do they take forever to charge?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hey, does anybody know how long it takes to charge a battery in a plugged in box? Is it just mine, or do they take forever to charge?

It might be charged by lunch. If you need a battery charged don’t put it in a Power Boxx!

Dirty

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Read more about it here.

Very interesting about the various IP ratings. I’ve never heard of that before, thanks. I’ll be looking for this rating more often.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

Is it still raining? We’re waiting! 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 871 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.398 seconds