dcsimg

Bosch Power Box 360 Antenna Upgrade

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I like the rabbit ears Too, It seem to work the best with the ears. In fact I like many small animal ears.

OMG Hahaha, Yeppers LOL 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

The collapsible antenna is an easy fix. For FM an antenna length of 34″ is ideal.

The other one I found for $39 stretched out to 62″, Would that be better yet or not? I didn’t like the price anyway

The collapsible antenna is an easy fix. For FM an antenna length of 34″ is ideal.

The other one I found for $39 stretched out to 62″, Would that be better yet or not? I didn’t like the price anyway

Never really paid attention, but is it that standard thread pattern for any radio antenna?

Anonymous
    Inactive

So were did you find this antenna Dabbs?
    It will be great if it helps.

Ebay, $16 but I bought the last one. I asked him if he could come up with more cuz if it works and helps I know others that will probably want one, He said he could. There’s another one on there also but it’s $39 from a different seller and it looks like the same dang thing

That figures you’d get the last one. It is not worth $39 to me. I have enough scrap copper wire to last for a long time. lol

Yeah, at 39 dollars, I will stick to my clips on my antenna

Gee that test wire with the clip works right through the rubber antenna?? $39 wasn’t worth it to me either, But $16 wasn’t too bad. IF it makes a big difference

So were did you find this antenna Dabbs?
    It will be great if it helps.

Ebay, $16 but I bought the last one. I asked him if he could come up with more cuz if it works and helps I know others that will probably want one, He said he could. There’s another one on there also but it’s $39 from a different seller and it looks like the same dang thing

That figures you’d get the last one. It is not worth $39 to me. I have enough scrap copper wire to last for a long time. lol

Yeah, at 39 dollars, I will stick to my clips on my antenna

Gee that test wire with the clip works right through the rubber antenna?? $39 wasn’t worth it to me either, But $16 wasn’t too bad. IF it makes a big difference

It helps a bit, but I’m sure you’re extended antenna is better, is the thread of the antenna standard with all radios

It was clipped from the antenna to the patio chair, it picked up better reception after I did that,

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will be interesting to see your results.
    Folks, if you are thinking of this, look for an older style TV repair shop (if they still exist), they might have a few antenna laying around. Or keep an eye out for an old tube TV in the garbage, typically the 32″ and smaller had antenna on them.

@utopia78,
    You work buy the largest signal antenna in the world (CN Tower), that’s why no reception problems for you. LOL

I have a set or two or rabbit ears, I’ll keep them for the day I get a 360.

Well, I happened to have a couple sets of rabbit ears around here so I dissected them. As I figured the mounting is different, So it’d be hit & miss if you could find one with the stud. Nice thought though

Anonymous
    Inactive

It helps a bit, but I’m sure you’re extended antenna is better, is the thread of the antenna standard with all radios

I have no idea LOL, So this antenna I have coming is kind of a shot in the dark too

I have no idea LOL, So this antenna I have coming is kind of a shot in the dark too

Okay, lol I’m sure you will fixer right up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OMG!! *lightbulb* with a DUH!! I’ve got one ready to try, Just wasted $16 on the test one that’s coming LOL. After staring at these for a minute I realized they should be interchangeable at the hinge, I used the original mount with the stud with the antenna I swiped out of the rabbit ears. So yeah probably any antenna you come across that has the hinge should be adaptable to the PB antenna mount.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I case that was confusing here’s a before and after of the rabbit ears antenna

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

I would have thought a good antenna would be a given. I really want a PB. I have to look for an old radio and see if I can salvage some parts.

My old radio in the shop had poor reception, so I strung some copper wire and that seemed to help. Being in a valley seems to make reception a PITA. No FM stations at all.

Doobie

So is the Bosch one just simply screwed in @Dabbs ?

Just unscrew it, remove base screw in part and affix to alternate antenna? and re-screw onto Powerbox? I would have thought that there was some kinds of wires attached internally in the PB that it would have been catastrophic to try to remove the Bosch antenna.

@Dabbs Lmao, we all have those moments,

Anonymous
    Inactive

So is the Bosch one just simply screwed in @Dabbs ?

Just unscrew it, remove base screw in part and affix to alternate antenna? and re-screw onto Powerbox? I would have thought that there was some kinds of wires attached internally in the PB that it would have been catastrophic to try to remove the Bosch antenna.

Yes it simply screws into the PB, You can’t change just the end stud (brass) part as it is a pressed fit into the base of the antennas. I can even see a couple dimples (punch marks) that hold it together too

Well @Dabbs ….is it better??

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

OMG!! *lightbulb* with a DUH!! I’ve got one ready to try, Just wasted $16 on the test one that’s coming LOL. After staring at these for a minute I realized they should be interchangeable at the hinge, I used the original mount with the stud with the antenna I swiped out of the rabbit ears. So yeah probably any antenna you come across that has the hinge should be adaptable to the PB antenna mount.

Great to know. Well at least @Dabbs, you will have a spare. LOL

Do we chalk this one up to “Old Timers?”

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great to know. Well at least @Dabbs, you will have a spare. LOL

Do we chalk this one up to “Old Timers?”

Well at least this way I can put the rabbit ears back together, OR, Since I have two PB I could have em both equipped with an extended antenna………

‘Old timers’..
    Yeah pretty much, I only have two brain cells left and the one struggles sometimes. Apparently my ever so sharp Mcguyver instincts were floating in the cell I use for whisky 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well @Dabbs ….is it better??

Ok here’s my findings, First of all this particular antenna is a little shorter (retracted) than the one I have on order so it clears the roll cage fine. It doesn’t snap into the storage clip like the original cuz it’s thinner but no biggy

I compared the reception by using both PB at the same time and both on 120v power, The 360S had the original and the 360D had the extended antenna which btw is 34″ on this one. Definitely a difference, There were some channels the original didn’t pick up at all but yet the extended did perfectly clear.

Two drawbacks;
    It seemed the extended was more sensitive to where I was or if I touched it, I could walk around it and the reception might change a bit. Reminded me of the olden days trying to zero in a tv channel with rabbit ears LOL, But it worked even better when I leaned it against the metal garage door track. Which is common with a bare metal antenna….

The second thing is it’s more likely to get broken unlike the original Bosch rubber one, Perhaps that’s why they chose to use that type for an on the jobsite radio.

Overall I’d say if yer not getting good reception with your PB this should be a decent improvement, Well worth a try for only $16.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boyd doesn’t look like a bad deal if you are having problems with reception.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Excellent idea @Dabbs!! Very cool that you had two and could do a side by side for us. Where did you order the antennae from? I think I will need to do this with mine. I could only get 2 stations when it was inside my shop. I could see the metal one getting broke but reception would be worth the try.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.512 seconds