dcsimg

Bosch Power Box 360 Antenna Upgrade

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I may have found the solution to those that complain about their Power Box getting horrible reception, I first found this a couple years ago but then lost it. I found it again today and ordered one up, Honestly I don’t really need an upgrade cuz where I’ve been with mine it does ok. But I thought I’d do an experiment for yous

It is telescoping and has the very necessary hinge joint just like the original so as to fold down into the clip when not in use. Max length is 34.5″, Collapsed length is 7.75″ which is about 2.25″ longer than the original rubber one but it should still clear the roll cage at the bottom (barely) when not in use, The only real issue is IF the threaded stud fits in the Power Box. It didn’t have any specs on that so I’m hoping it’s a common size for all radios

Doobie

Was there possibly a double rabbit ears type available also where you ordered it from? That would be my preference.

I did an experiment a while back with an old pair I have lying around with the double rabbit ears type just by wiring them to the small exposed metal at the base of the Bosch antenna with some wire, and reception went thru the roof so to speak.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well that’s a good sign that this will really help then, And no on the double ears. I was lucky to find this one with the threaded stud end AND the hinge, Most of them had the flat tab with a mounting hole. I’ve noticed these are rare

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I may look into a replacement antenna for my 360C. The FM reception doesn’t seem to be any better than the previous version. To date, I’ve mostly used the Bluetooth though.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Definitely keep us up to date. The FM reception is awful. Mine wouod only pickup a couple stations. When working with others I prefer the radio to Bluetooth for a little more variety.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Hopefully it helps – every radio has spotty reception at my pkace but PB could really use a boost.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I haven’t had any issues yet with reception but I am in the middle of downtown Toronto. I do remember having to extend and use the antenna for some stations picked by the crew but no issues after that or with the stations I’m listening to. I’m going to have to take a better look tomorrow when I bring it back to the job site.

A Working Pro since 2004

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not real sure I’ll be able to tell the difference as I can get pretty good reception here, I may have to drive to a remote area for a decent test LOL…Maybe I can experiment with some not so local stations and compare one PB to the other with the old and new antennas, Yeah yeah that’ll work. Almost over thought that one 🙂

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

So were did you find this antenna Dabbs?
    It will be great if it helps.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I think I am going to get a second 360 and have it only for the shop. I think an external ant would really help. I am going to be curious if the threads are somewhat standard??

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

expensive radio and such a bad FM reception? man that so strange. just because of the antenna or is there a different reason for?!

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

expensive radio and such a bad FM reception? man that so strange. just because of the antenna or is there a different reason for?!

It’s the charger. Dewalts suffer the same issue. Puts out some kind of signal that messes with the radio.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ebay, $16 but I bought the last one. I asked him if he could come up with more cuz if it works and helps I know others that will probably want one, He said he could. There’s another one on there also but it’s $39 from a different seller and it looks like the same dang thing

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It’s the charger. Dewalts suffer the same issue. Puts out some kind of signal that messes with the radio.

oh i see. so the signal is always there even when there is no battery in charger ?!

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Interesting. I’ll have to experiment with mine tomorrow and see if it does better on line voltage as opposed to battery. Stay tuned for results!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like the rabbit ears Too, It seem to work the best with the ears. In fact I like many small animal ears.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The collapsible antenna is an easy fix. For FM an antenna length of 34″ is ideal.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Will be interesting to see your results.
    Folks, if you are thinking of this, look for an older style TV repair shop (if they still exist), they might have a few antenna laying around. Or keep an eye out for an old tube TV in the garbage, typically the 32″ and smaller had antenna on them.

@utopia78
    You work buy the largest signal antenna in the world (CN Tower), that’s why no reception problems for you. LOL

I have a set or two or rabbit ears, I’ll keep them for the day I get a 360.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Ebay, $16 but I bought the last one. I asked him if he could come up with more cuz if it works and helps I know others that will probably want one, He said he could. There’s another one on there also but it’s $39 from a different seller and it looks like the same dang thing

That figures you’d get the last one. It is not worth $39 to me. I have enough scrap copper wire to last for a long time. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

That figures you’d get the last one. It is not worth $39 to me. I have enough scrap copper wire to last for a long time. lol

Yeah, at 39 dollars, I will stick to my clips on my antenna

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.506 seconds